Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Incredibly Generic RTD (6/6) Waitlist Open  (Read 4458 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Incredibly Generic RTD (6/6) Waitlist Open
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2016, 01:40:21 pm »

"Hold it! I think the items in that locker are meant to be shared among us! Mr. Robot, would you please grant me the orb? I think it'll be of use to me."

Attempt to (non-violently) claim the orb. Clearly it's electrical.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:09:16 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2016, 03:00:18 pm »

"Hold it! I think the items in that locker are meant to be shared among us!"

provided that by non-violently means asking, let him take the orb.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 04:01:52 pm »

Light the room on fire to make it look less land

((You just love fire don't you))
((Yes))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 05:16:47 pm »

Step forward and take the glimmering... whatever it is

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2016, 06:45:10 pm »

Turn Two

"Communist insurgent detected. This is a lethal use of deadly force."

Unit-404 stomps over to Mr. Jane Doe and forcefully takes possession of the pearlescent orb and one of the syringes. If Doe initiates combat with him, he furiously spins his claws and begins battering the creature.
(Roll: 4)
You tromp over to the obvious communist, and promptly grab the orb and one of the syringes with each hand.
-----
Dave inspects the fountain and takes whatever may lie inside.

Something... something is missing...

((I forgot I already went, sorry mate))
While mumbling about missing things, you walk over to the fountain to inspect the glimmering... whatever. It seems the bottom of the fountain is sprinkled with tiny clear crystals, with a few larger ones mixed in. you take two of the largest crystals, both around the size of an Expo marker. As soon as you pick one up, it lights up with a bright blue glow. Curious, you put one down, where the bright glow dies to to the previous shimmer it held. Odd. You put the other in your pocket as well.
-----
Light the room on fire to make it look less land
With what? You don't have a lighter, matches, tinder, or really anything that could reliably burn. Also, if you want less land, go sit in the fountain.
-----
"Hold it! I think the items in that locker are meant to be shared among us!"

(Not sure if this should be a roll or an In Character interaction)
You politely ask for the orb from the weird robot. It seems that the robot is just ignoring you right now.
-----
Step forward and take the glimmering... whatever it is
Stepping forward after the mumbling, creepy guy, you take one of the crystals at the bottom of the fountain. It strangely glows when you pick it up, as does the mumbly guy's crystal.
----------
C-c-c-combat!

(Jane Doe's Attack Roll: 4) vs. (Unit-404's Defense Roll: 2)
Mr. Jane Doe slips on the brass knuckles, before going in for a set of punches against Unit-404, who is still putting down the items it took, and thus is unable to defend.

(Unit-404's Attack Roll: 5) vs (Jane Doe's Defense Roll:1)
However, Mr. Doe is completely unready for the counter attack, and is pummeled by robotic claw graspers.
---------
Characters:

Spoiler: Unit-404 (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Andrea (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Skeliborn (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Jealousy (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Dave (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Mr. Jane Doe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note on Combat (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2016, 06:48:34 pm »

Keep the crystal, look for a way to take and store drinking water for later.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2016, 07:03:43 pm »

"Citizens be advised. This is a legal use of deadly force."

With Mr. Jane Doe already being injured, Unit-404 simply takes the remaining items out of the footlocker before picking up the footlocker and slamming it into Doe's face.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2016, 07:24:31 pm »

"Citizens be advised. This is a legal use of deadly force."

With Mr. Jane Doe already being injured, Unit-404 simply takes the remaining items out of the footlocker before picking up the footlocker and slamming it into Doe's face.
Mr.Jane would react by pulling the footlocker away from unit 404, and then swinging it overhead to club the bot...
"This is not a robot tea party, sparkbag! THIS IS ROBOT WARRR!"
before trying to tackle and smash the opposing robot into the ground, disregarding the contents of the locker in favor of killing the thieving bot.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:26:31 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2016, 08:02:28 pm »

Diplomatize the ropot. Make it my new steed!
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2016, 10:02:00 pm »

Dave's normally cloudy and dull eyes turn sharp and cold as ice. He looks at the crystals he picked up, and watches them shimmer. He then looks at the pearlescent orbs, and walks towards the combatants with a purpose.

Stop at once.

Dave does his best to touch a crystal to the pearlescent orb (without getting involved in the fighting) and see what reaction occurs, if any.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2016, 10:15:36 pm »

"Ahem!"

Accept orb from robot.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2016, 10:35:01 pm »

((Unit-404 was already in possession of the orb before Doe could hand it over.))

"This technology is now property of the U.S. government. It will be confiscated for research.

God bless America, and god bless President Eden.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2016, 03:17:04 pm »

Turn Three

Keep the crystal, look for a way to take and store drinking water for later.
(Roll: 2)
Hmm. Looking for something to hold the water in, you look around the room for a while, before deciding to look for anything you didn't notice in the fountain. Peering into the water, you don't see much of interest. Until you lose your balance on the edge and fall in. Damn it, now you're soggy.
-----
Diplomatize the ropot. Make it my new steed!
(Roll: 3)
Hey, that robot looks like it would make a nice vehicle! Yeee-haw! With a running start, you jump onto the robot's back... and are immediately holding on for dear life in the melee going on between your new steed and the crazy person. Well, for the moment, all you can to is try your best to keep hold. Well, that or get crushed. Let's hope the first one works out.
-----

"Ahem!"

Accept orb from robot.
The robot is replies that you can't have the orb. Well, you guess that it's a bit busy, what with fighting someone with a person on it's shoulders.
----------
C-c-c-combat!

(Unit-404's Attack Roll: 4) vs. (Mr. Jane Doe's Defense Roll: 2)
Unit-404, what with it's opponent being slightly incapacitated, steals the remaining items, before slamming the metal footlocker into his face to the crunch of breaking cartilage.

(Mr. Jane Doe's Attack Roll: 5) vs. (Unit-404's Defense Roll: Hoo boy, a one)
Even after being smashed in the face with a metal footlocker, Jane Doe manages to wrestle away the metal crate, before shouting angrily and tackling a damn robot. The outer shell surely is damaged, and a trickle of blue coolant fluid begins dripping from a seam in Unit-404's body.

(How does Skeliborn fare through getting his robo-steed tackled?: 3)
Not great, it seems. Skeliborn is now rather bruised and beaten, and currently pinned under Unit-404.
----------
Importance:

Dave's normally cloudy and dull eyes turn sharp and cold as ice. He looks at the crystals he picked up, and watches them shimmer. He then looks at the pearlescent orbs, and walks towards the combatants with a purpose.

Stop at once.

Dave does his best to touch a crystal to the pearlescent orb (without getting involved in the fighting) and see what reaction occurs, if any.
You order the fighters to stop their combat, and grab the orb from next to the pinned robot. Carefully, you take a crystal, and as it lights up, you touch it to the orb.
(Reaction: 4)
As the blue light shines through it, the orb's pearlescent effect seems to clear, as a distorted yellow shape appears from within. Suddenly, the orb collapses like water, and left in your strangely dry hand is a small key. Huh. Was there a keyhole in the floor before?
----------
Characters:

Spoiler: Unit-404 (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Andrea (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Skeliborn (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Jealousy (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-----
Spoiler: Mr. Jane Doe (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2016, 03:21:22 pm »

"E-Error. D-Damage sustained."

Unit-404 attempts to stifle the coolant flow, before grabbing hold of Skelliborn, ripping the man off of his back, and swinging him at Mr. Jane Doe as a melee weapon.

"Utilizing i-improvised weaponry."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2016, 03:27:07 pm »

"Uh... everybody? You do realize that we aren't enemies, right? Can we please just settle down?"

Andrea tries to diplomize the fighting people.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4