Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to learn Magic, the HARD way. (7/∞ Alive)Always Accepting Players) Turn 9  (Read 7700 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Question: Can a spell strengthen itself? Combo with itself?

Also, I did some math, and I'm not sure if you're entirely honest about that text file with 'every possible combination'. There are millions of possible spells for Page Two, and trillions of possible spells for Page Four. Unless you have some algorithm to generate spell effects, I doubt a month would be enough to write everything down.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:42:14 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Cast 
Spoiler: Secret (click to show/hide)
Then do this:
Spoiler: Secret #2 (click to show/hide)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

Also, I did some math, and I'm not sure if you're entirely honest about that text file with 'every possible combination'. There are millions of possible spells for Page Two, and trillions of possible spells for Page Four. Unless you have some algorithm to generate spell effects, I doubt a month would be enough to write everything down.
...Ok, so maybe not every single one, but alot of them... Ok fine, I have no idea about what most  of these do because its actually not me doing them. It's my friend. And I'm pretty sure he just sais random things for what each thing does. So I probabaly don't have a single combination because knowing him he would rather play ARK... Anyway, turn coming up soonish.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

...Ok, so maybe not every single one, but alot of them... Ok fine, I have no idea about what most  of these do because its actually not me doing them. It's my friend. And I'm pretty sure he just sais random things for what each thing does. So I probabaly don't have a single combination because knowing him he would rather play ARK... Anyway, turn coming up soonish.

In other words, the spell effects are entirely arbitrary until one is proposed and then it's effect is solidified? Based on this, combinations should just act as if the two effects were merged. E.g. a spell that creates water and a spell that increases heat would result in the creation of scalding hot water/steam?
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I join?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I join?
Read the subject line. Just make a character and jump in.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Character Sheet:
Name: ATHATH
Favourite Colour: Black
Spoiler: Book Page One=Alphabet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Book Page Two=Spells (click to show/hide)

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

--~~Turn 5~~--

Rautherdir/Evandar:
"There, I got to the fighting. I even gave you a fair chance, and you still got knocked out in one shot. Now, how about I heat things up even more..."

Cast Currently Researching on the unconscious werewolf
"There, I got to the fighting." The crowd nods in agreement. "I even gave you a fait chance," Now they just look confused as to why your talking to an unconcious werewolf that wouldn't understand you even if was concious. "and you still got knocked out in one shot. Now, how about I heat things up even more..." (4)(6) You point your finger at him and say your word, causing him to... smoke a bit? Well, that appears to be all that's happening... wait a minute, is the inside of his mouth burning? You must of set of the spell right inside him, ouch!

star2wars3/Skeliborn:
"Grrrrrrrr..." You cast your spell, (5)(3) You do the same spell that gave you a sword hand, only this time the result is different. Instead of turning your hand into a sword, a sword engraved with alot of magical runes of all different sorts of colours appears in the middle of the arena, in a conveniently placed stone. So that's what it's supposed to do. Cool. Not really cool, it absoloutly fucking sucks. "YOUR A CLOWN, YOUR A CLOWN, YOUR A CLOWN," chants the crowd. Pricks. You suddenly feel a compelling urge start badly dancing. Which you then do.

Mallos/Vollitz:
"HAHAHA! BEAUTIFUL FLESH-BEASTS, ATTACK THE PINK MAGE!" Vollitz exclaims while pointing at Jimmy. With more maniacal cackles, Vollitz readies another spell.
PM'd spell
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!" The crowd now thinks your insane. "BEAUTIFUL FLESH-BEASTS, ATTACK THE PING MAGE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHA" They're probabaly right... You point at Jimmy and cast your spell, (2)(1) but instead of flames going around him, tiny little flames start all over the arena, before quickly dissapearing. Then the newly name Flesh-Beasts attack Jimmy (5(Tentacle Monsters Dex)) VS (1(Jimmy Dexterity)) before he even has a chance to fight back, (2(Tentacle Monsters Str)) VS (4(Jimmy Str)) doing very little damage, and letting him kick them away to cast his spell,

IcyTea31/Jimmy
"Hm, interesting reaction. Best save that for later."
Name previous spell: Drown
"Well shit. That guy's dangerous. Lucky you, Mr. Skeliborn von Baby Hand."
Cast PM'ed spell at the tentacle monsters.
"Hm, intresting reaction. Best save that for later." You name the spell Drown, which is ironically another 5 letter word, which means you might have to find a different name for it in the future. Seeing the tentacle monsters appearing, you say "Well shit. That guy's dangerous. Lucky you, Mr. Skeliborn von Baby Hand." The crowd burts out into laughter at this. You suddenly giggle when you have a hillarious idea, and cast your spell on the tentacle monsters. (1)(2) Nothing appears to happen, when you notice Skeliborn dancing out the corner of your eye. Oops.

ATHATH/ATHATH
Suddenly a new person appears! "Hello." they say, before casting a spell! (3)(6) Raw magic sparks off of his void black cloak menacingly. Someone gonna die tonight! I mean today! Or... wait does time even pass in that arena? No, I don't think it does unless the owner want it to. K got it.

Event: Suddenly a tear in the universe appears, and someone new enters. "Hello everybody, my name is TikKnat! Of course you all probabaly already heard of me, but that doesn't stop me from introducing myself anyway! Now, let's add a little bit of Chaos to this arena, shall we? No, I Shall! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Boom* a pack of werewolves appear, *Bang* a giant T-Rex appears, and *Ding* a restaurant appears. What the hell...
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rename "Drown" to "Drown the Fucker".

Name previous spell "The Beat"

"Chaos, huh? Let's see..."

Aim at the T. rex and cast PM'ed spell.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, that was extremely anticlimactic. Oh, look, a pack of werewolves! Oh, look, a giant T-Rex! Oh, look, a restaurant! Now let's see, which of those benefits me most..."

Cast To be Researched INDEX Two

((I literally just realized that index is a five letter word. Now I'm going to have to find a better word for 'position in an array'))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Pull the sword from the stone. Slice n'dice pink mage with it
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

"I will make use of these beasts.."

PM'd spell
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's do it, let's do it, let's do it do it do it agaaaaiiinn.

So, if those werewolves are obviously werewolves, the full moon is out tonight, right?

Run over to that werewolf that got murdered last turn. Stab myself (somewhere not-important) with its claw to infect myself with lycanthropy.

Also, just for the record, I know that TikKnat is TankKit backwards.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:06:32 am by ATHATH »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

--~~Turn 6~~--

Rautherdir/Evandar:
"Well, that was extremely anticlimactic. Oh, look, a pack of werewolves! Oh, look, a giant T-Rex! Oh, look, a restaurant! Now let's see, which of those benefits me most..."

Cast To be Researched INDEX Two

((I literally just realized that index is a five letter word. Now I'm going to have to find a better word for 'position in an array'))
"Well, that was extremely anticlimatic. Oh, look, a pack of werwolves! Oh, look, a giant T-Rex! Oh, look, a restaurant! Now, let's see, which of those benefits me most." You cast the spell Index! (2)|(4) You cast your spell, a couple of letters hit the nearbye T-Rex in the face, two As scratching it and a B stunning it.

star2wars3/Skeliborn:
Pull the sword from the stone. Slice n'dice pink mage with it
(1)|(2) VS (1)|(2(Identical roles Lol.)) You charge at him, and apparantly decide that sticking the sword through your shoulder is a good idea. Jimmy tries to dodge out of the way, but he ends up impaling his shoulder on the blade sticking out of your shoulder. Now you're shoulder buddies, YAY!

Mallos/Vollitz:
"I will make use of these beasts.."
PM'd spell
(3)|(3)|(4) "I will make use of these beasts!" You declare, as you cast your spell. One of the 9 wolves starts acting weird, twisting it's body into unnatural shapes, before collapsing into = a big mass of meat, which then obediently comes over to you.

IcyTea31/Jimmy:
Rename "Drown" to "Drown the Fucker".
Name previous spell "The Beat"
"Chaos, huh? Let's see..."
Aim at the T. rex and cast PM'ed spell.
"Chaos, huh? Let's see..." Taking advantage of Navy Blue Mage's spell, you cast your own. (5)|(2)|(3) You hear one of the werewolves quoting hitler behind you, and turn around to see it standing on a podium with a microphone, pretending to be Hitler. When it sees you, it sais Heil Hitler, but that seems to be all the control you have on it at the moment. Suddenly, you feel immense pain in your arm, so immense that you scream. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

ATHATH/ATHATH:
Let's do it, let's do it, let's do it do it do it agaaaaiiinn.
So, if those werewolves are obviously werewolves, the full moon is out tonight, right?
Run over to that werewolf that got murdered last turn. Stab myself (somewhere not-important) with its claw to infect myself with lycanthropy.
Also, just for the record, I know that TikKnat is TankKit backwards.
((It's not supposed to be hidden that KitKnat is my name spelt backwords you know...))

(4)|(2) It keeps sparking of your body, and some suddenly sparks towards the Magenta Mage, making him scream in what you assume is immense pain.

Event:
"Hmmmm... this seems a bit too boring for me... OH, I know, I'LL JUST MAKE THE AREBA BIGGER SO THAT MORE CHAOS CAN FIT IN!" The arena gets bigger, and something that looks like a big cage starts to rise out of the ground in the middle.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:25:05 pm by TankKit »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((... I'm actually pretty relieved that you switched what spell I cast instead of having the spell I was going to cast go wrong.))

"That... Was not what I wanted to do. Let me try again."

Cast Currently Researching.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6