Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189196 times)

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2055 on: April 18, 2017, 03:26:10 am »

Ploughs are also a small fortune :(
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: April 18, 2017, 07:44:19 am »

A toolmaker will fix that problem (workshop >> tool factory upgrade is easy enough, importing iron is cheap)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: April 19, 2017, 02:49:01 am »

What's a deciding factor for new settlers? Got like 5 free slots and a steady >80% happiness, but no new faces for days.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 19, 2017, 02:51:34 am »

Lots of free space and very high happiness tends to attract more.  Settler immigration seems to have been nerfed though... With 50% free space and 90%+ happiness, I used to get 6-8 (some days, 10 settlers).  Now sitting at 40% free space and 90% happiness only gets me 2-3 settlers a day.

EDIT: Numbers instead of percentages; one city here sitting at 655 units, room for 1280 units, 80% happiness today netted 3 settlers.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:54:07 am by Tnx »

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: April 19, 2017, 04:35:24 am »

Thought I'd give this game a try. Registered, played through the tutorial, it told me to build a barn, see at the time it takes to build one... Okaaay, I am out of here. This type of game may tickle some people's fancy, but not me - I buried that a long time ago along with my foolishly wasted youth. Welp, account deleted as soon as I found the option.

From a peek I thought the concept was interesting, but now I understand why there are so few players (compared to other games in general). Ain't nobody got time to babysit this... Nobody but alt-tabbed office workers with overdeveloped attention span. No offense meant.

My fault for biting on the clickbait title (Crusader Kings crossed With Anno? You forgot to add Ogame or shit and I'd steer clear).

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2060 on: April 19, 2017, 07:42:21 am »

Eh, compared to games like that it isin't as bad. Unless you fuck something up the maximum for most things should be like 12 hours, with wall and other bigger stuff taking a day.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: April 19, 2017, 09:41:53 am »

Lots of free space and very high happiness tends to attract more.  Settler immigration seems to have been nerfed though... With 50% free space and 90%+ happiness, I used to get 6-8 (some days, 10 settlers).  Now sitting at 40% free space and 90% happiness only gets me 2-3 settlers a day.

EDIT: Numbers instead of percentages; one city here sitting at 655 units, room for 1280 units, 80% happiness today netted 3 settlers.
655 units? Wow. What do you even do with that many guys? (Besides the obvious answer which appears to be "turn them all into carpenters, roofers, and masons")

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: April 19, 2017, 10:56:57 am »

Yes, that's a lot.

But it's good. For me units are like cards. I want to build a good deck, while the cards I'm holding aren't quite good enough for the roles I want. It would be possible to assign anyone to most jobs, but in the end they might not be that competitive. I heard that you lose a lot of experience when you reassign roles too.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: April 19, 2017, 12:10:29 pm »

Better to assign them right away at level 1.  As you get more pop though- your standards will slowly go down.  I think the most important units are the AGI 18 ones, and ones that can be made into good smiths.  Every other job doesn't really matter imo.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2064 on: April 19, 2017, 01:00:11 pm »

You turn them into knights. Anything with stats over 10str, 10agi, 10con goes to be Knight, and some people under too.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: April 20, 2017, 11:32:33 am »

I am free.

For now and forever, I am free of this wretched thing.
I'm teetering on that same cliff - I've cut my time playing down to pretty much just logging in every couple of days to sell goods and replenish any raw materials that aren't produced internally (iron, cows, salt, and soda; pretty much). I keep hoping that the dev will really ramp up the industries - give us longer, more intricate production chains.... but I haven't seen it - instead we got some tropical crops and paint.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: April 20, 2017, 02:51:52 pm »

For me this seems like the best mobile game for work-days I've seen so far, it doesn't take much time to assign the actions a few times a day and its comparatively deep enough to hold attention without being a clicker. It's like a bonsai tree for the mind, a sort of meditative time-waster befitting a PC gamer. I can go for a walk out of office, get a coffee and have something to fill in the blanks with. For what it is, I think its very good.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: April 20, 2017, 05:35:28 pm »

For me this seems like the best mobile game for work-days I've seen so far, it doesn't take much time to assign the actions a few times a day and its comparatively deep enough to hold attention without being a clicker. It's like a bonsai tree for the mind, a sort of meditative time-waster befitting a PC gamer. I can go for a walk out of office, get a coffee and have something to fill in the blanks with. For what it is, I think its very good.
What's a normal bonsai tree for then?

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: April 21, 2017, 05:37:22 am »

For stay-at-home japanese dads.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: April 21, 2017, 11:14:23 am »

It's an interesting game, but I can't imagine people having more than one domain. I got two, and it's taxing. Trade routes open up for great potential, but currently there's only very little connection between military and economy, partly because offers are anonymous. There's not much to do with hoarded heaps of money (no mercenaries) and it's difficult to get rid of overproduction or establish monopolies. No trading rights either.

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 161