Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189156 times)

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2070 on: April 21, 2017, 12:17:53 pm »

I am free.

For now and forever, I am free of this wretched thing.

The game was too stressful for me. Granted part of it was my own fault causing a bunch of drama the other month, but even then its just too stressful playing the game anyway.

That and I was WAY too addicted to it, and my real life was suffering for it. Wasn't doing anything but playing the game lol. There was always something to do (granted I had a bunch of domains so again I guess partly my own fault), but then if I only had one domain the game would be way too slow for me.

Its a pretty awesome browser game though and probably best one I've played, but I ended up abandoning everything and haven't logged on in since.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: April 21, 2017, 11:49:28 pm »

For me this seems like the best mobile game for work-days I've seen so far, it doesn't take much time to assign the actions a few times a day and its comparatively deep enough to hold attention without being a clicker. It's like a bonsai tree for the mind, a sort of meditative time-waster befitting a PC gamer. I can go for a walk out of office, get a coffee and have something to fill in the blanks with. For what it is, I think its very good.

This is where I am at with it too. If you work at a computer all day you can make a lot of progress in five-minute bursts throughout the day, day after day, week after week, month after month.

Building up domains, dealing with diplomacy, working with allies, and watching the world evolve has continued to keep me interested. Who knows how long that will last.

I let it take up too much of my life for the first 2-3 months. Sucks, but at least I have two very developed domains that I can now inch towards automation at a much more languid pace. At least once a week I do have to sit down for a couple hours and get a domain squared away, train the new settlers I bring in, and update the rather lengthy text file where I write down all the projects I need to do.

It is definitely an intense and potentially time-consuming game. If you don't genuinely enjoy it then you will never stick with it long term. And if you do genuinely enjoy it, you still might not.

My big breakthrough occurred when I stepped away from the game for a few days and realized, oh, nothing bad happened, my progress slowed down a little bit, and I don't care.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:54:38 pm by Datgum »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: April 22, 2017, 03:47:18 am »

So I built a 'windmill without mechanisms'. I can now either build it into a 'windmill', which can be specialized into a grain mill, or I can specialize directly into a grain mill.

What's the difference?

Another question, how do the game forums work? I tried posting this exact same message on the game forum, but it won't let me, it tells me 'please insert a link in your message'. What do they mean by that?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:53:08 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: April 22, 2017, 04:31:58 am »

Specialization has not effect on building/upgrading a building.  Specializations also offer no bonuses but need to be done to create various things.

You can finish your windmill to get the milling bonus before specializing it or specialize it now and use it now and finish it later.

Same for workshops, forges and houses.  Making a level one forge into a armory doesn't stop you from making into a level 2 forge later or making a workshop a carpenters shop before turning the workshop into a forge.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: April 22, 2017, 07:23:58 am »

Another question, how do the game forums work? I tried posting this exact same message on the game forum, but it won't let me, it tells me 'please insert a link in your message'. What do they mean by that?

If you post a thread with the help/question option checked (the 3 boxes at the top) you need to include a link in it. I don't know if it has to be a page from the game manual or if its any link.
Thats supposed to make it easier for people trying to help you to know what you're on about, but usually it just confuses the guy trying to get help.

So for your question you would have been supposed to add https://www.landsoflords.com/help/bld/indus:windmill as a link in there.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:25:29 am by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: April 22, 2017, 03:34:07 pm »

You have to replow fields? :P
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: April 22, 2017, 07:41:24 pm »

You have to replow fields? :P

Yes, after a field is harvested it turns fallow and must be plowed before it can be planted again. A plowman can be set to do this automatically.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: April 25, 2017, 08:07:13 pm »

Anyone still on the fence about this, uncertain about the pace of the game? I've made a couple animations of my settlements, one more developed, one less developed, showing construction over the past four weeks. This should give an idea of the pace of the game, which is to say enjoyably slow and methodical. Still plenty of uncolonized land on the southern continents for anyone wanting to start a megaproject.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: April 25, 2017, 08:29:34 pm »

Anyone still on the fence about this, uncertain about the pace of the game? I've made a couple animations of my settlements, one more developed, one less developed, showing construction over the past four weeks. This should give an idea of the pace of the game, which is to say enjoyably slow and methodical. Still plenty of uncolonized land on the southern continents for anyone wanting to start a megaproject.
Huh - so the trees do grow and spread. I'd heard they do, but never kept track well enough to actually confirm it.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: April 25, 2017, 11:33:13 pm »

I love how symmetrical Adlokum looks.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: April 26, 2017, 11:34:31 am »

I strongly recommend having a surveyor from the start. A very high level architect can theoretically satisfy your surveying needs, but you don't have to bother waiting for months. Training a surveyor costs no additional resources and it will speed up your initial expansion greatly.
Err waiting for months?  They do the job straight out of the gate.  Unless you are building things in 0 quality mountains/tundra or something.
Paper, any paper is also cheap...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: April 26, 2017, 11:53:16 am »

I strongly recommend having a surveyor from the start. A very high level architect can theoretically satisfy your surveying needs, but you don't have to bother waiting for months. Training a surveyor costs no additional resources and it will speed up your initial expansion greatly.
Err waiting for months?  They do the job straight out of the gate.  Unless you are building things in 0 quality mountains/tundra or something.
Paper, any paper is also cheap...
Architect's surveying skill is abysmal. Using architect over a surveyor is only beneficial when the project in question involves surveying AND architecture. And those buildings a fresh domain is not going to build for a while.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: April 26, 2017, 12:13:17 pm »

*Waves the Architect is good enough for surveying flag.*
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: April 26, 2017, 03:10:09 pm »

Tropica is slightly annoying. No acorns from oak trees, no juniper berries from juniper trees, no wool from sheep, no pigs, no dozens of other things that can't be produced over 25C. I wonder if winter time brings down temperatures under 25C. And I wonder what winter is. Is Tropica considered southern hemisphere, so wintertime is what would be midsummer on the northern hemisphere?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: April 26, 2017, 03:12:34 pm »

The southern parts are south of the equator. It seems like we won't see much of seasons on Tropica.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 161