Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189434 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1800 on: February 21, 2017, 11:37:36 am »

Settled in Zaldor yesterday, the northern shore of the island. I'm Castilo of Castii if any of you want meet up.

There's a pretty big Zaldor/B12 thing going on. Theyre pretty close to forming a kingdom, if you wanna get in on that!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: February 21, 2017, 12:03:07 pm »

There's a pretty big Zaldor/B12 thing going on. Theyre pretty close to forming a kingdom, if you wanna get in on that!

Cool, I'll keep a look out for that. I do plan on staying independent for a bit though.

Here's my Coords if you want to check Castii out: 03602W:23754N
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 22, 2017, 12:24:12 am »

I finished my butcher shop...
each cow is giving 30 Tallow, 220 Beef, 1 Cowhide.
The hides are worth about 20 monies in my area...not much help there.
Tallow is sadly capped at 50 monies each, so only 1500 monies from each cow as long as I can sell them at max price.
Beef, however, is selling at around 30 monies each, providing more than 6000 monies per cow slaughtered.

Low quality cows cost around 2500 in Tetra region, for roughly 200% profit on each cow butchered. It will be interesting to see how long the prices remain favorable.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 22, 2017, 05:37:08 am »

Starting to run into an issue where I cannot build any further housing. I might be able to fix it, but it'd require massive amounts of demolition and rebuilding of existing housing, and that might not even fix it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: February 22, 2017, 07:09:00 am »

How did you manage to do that?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 22, 2017, 07:57:45 am »

Seriously - through judicious use of crossings, you should be able to expand indefinitely, despite inefficiently placed industry (or trees that you don't want to cut down, or whatever). Even if you started on a tiny island, you should still be able to build bridge segments till you hit land so that you can continue building houses.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: February 22, 2017, 05:40:46 pm »

That's the thing, for many of the places where crossings/streets should have occurred, the option simply never showed up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 22, 2017, 06:22:21 pm »

That's the thing, for many of the places where crossings/streets should have occurred, the option simply never showed up.
Hmm, the only thing I can think of is that you were trying to build roads off of 'isolated' groups of 4 huts - city roads all have to be connected (in however roundabout a way) back to your original town center. Huts that you build that are E/W of a N/S street or N/S of a E/W street can't turn into roads... although they can turn into brothels.

Where's your domain? I'll give a look, if you're interested.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: February 22, 2017, 06:30:32 pm »

Can we see your domain to diagnose the problem?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 22, 2017, 08:07:51 pm »

I started building over my meadows, initially intending to just pave over it with hay fields, only to discover that forage hay fields cannot be built next to eachother like agricultural fields, I would have to build animal buildings. So I figured I would just pick one animal, say cows, and build cowsheds interspersed as needed. Then I noticed that cowsheds need to be 4 arpents apart, and same for the other animal buildings. So now my plan is to do Cowsheds, Pigsties, Farms, and Stables in a pinwheel pattern across my meadows. Nothing is ever easy >_<

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 22, 2017, 08:21:13 pm »

You can just do barns and demolish as you go down a row.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 22, 2017, 09:22:47 pm »

01105W:28692N

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 23, 2017, 01:50:40 am »

The problem is mostly a lack of crossings on the North street and western gate, also the southern crossing is blocked by buidlings. For solving the problem you got two choices :

1 - You demolish a couple of houses on the northern street and rebuild them in crossings and demolish the houses on the side of the new crossings to build streets
or
2 - You expand outside the gate. Gates allow the building of huts in front of them so you can expand outward from there.

Personally I'd go with option 2.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 23, 2017, 07:39:53 am »

Well, like I said, the option to build them as crossings never appeared.

Also, somehow the housing two tiles south of the north gate was built as a crossing. Not sure how that happened. I'm going to try and build a road through the nail factory and see what happens.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 23, 2017, 08:46:22 am »

01105W:28692N
As far as you building crossings goes, it's actually kind of hilarious - you've got one to the north... then dropped forges on both sides, and you've got one to the south... then dropped a temple and a theatre on both sides.

But yeah, I agree with Wolock - just continue your city outside of your gates.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 161