Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189727 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1440 on: January 15, 2017, 07:52:00 am »

Again, you'll probably need a Surveyor, or someone with more than -20 Surveying skill. Check the guy you're assigning the task to. Digging is also required for roads, but Clayey Soil gives a bonus to digging so that should never be an issue.
Of course, but shouldn't the option show up with a 'required skills missing' notice? I'll move my surveyor over and try once he finishes training.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 15, 2017, 08:01:03 am »

I think that's only for specializations. In most cases for a new building, it won't show up if your selected units cannot build it for some reason.

If need be, go to the map tile, then open the help file for roads(or any other building you're trying to build). It should tell you what you're missing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 15, 2017, 08:02:18 am »

No, missing skill show up even for road. The problem is probably the need for an intersection: roads can't branch without building an intersection first.
Could you post a link to your domain?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1443 on: January 15, 2017, 08:04:31 am »

No, missing skill show up even for road. The problem is probably the need for an intersection: roads can't branch without building an intersection first.
Could you post a link to your domain?
That would be it then.

https://www.landsoflords.com/map/02075W24685N

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 15, 2017, 09:07:46 am »

gkad you solved it. It is a common problem, since it is not quite explained in game

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1445 on: January 15, 2017, 11:15:26 am »

Hm, here's a question: is there any way to make geological features more easy to distinguish on the big map? I love the style and how it's snow-cover appropriately to the current season, but I find it kinda hard to, well, just find stuff like clay. If I move fa enough the map does turn into non-snow one, but I wish there'd be easier way...

Just asking here in case I've missed something obvious, guess I might also try official forums later.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 15, 2017, 12:05:15 pm »

Holy hell!
I just discovered some gold near my domain at
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/04533W21813N

Now here is the problem.
It is in a triangle with my domain to the north, Casterly Rock to the west and Irrigoberg to the east.
I hope that they haven't seen the gold or want it that much because my two neighbors have troops and they could just force me away from it.

As soon as possible I am going to claim some birches and hazels. After which I can hopefully open my first goldmine. But I see a lot of possible trouble rising from that small 2x3 gold patch.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1447 on: January 15, 2017, 12:17:56 pm »

Went ahead and queued myself up for deletion. The game is interesting but that location won't work. There is only one direction the game will allow me to expand and it requires the permission of a nearby player who has refused to allow it. Think I will find somewhere else.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 15, 2017, 01:59:39 pm »

Went ahead and queued myself up for deletion. The game is interesting but that location won't work. There is only one direction the game will allow me to expand and it requires the permission of a nearby player who has refused to allow it. Think I will find somewhere else.

You may wish to delete account and create a new one for that tutorial bonus... dont know if thats what you meant, but it'll save you a few days.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 15, 2017, 02:42:38 pm »

Looks like gold ore prices on tetra are at 80g/ton, which is still decently profitable as an import and closer to its real value (though I have since long stopped importing it in favor of silver). Silver ore prices seem to have hilariously skyrocketed. I don't know who on earth expects someone to pay 2000g for ore that can be smelted and sold for 1000-1500g. Probably a combination of reduced supply after the orders were cleared and someone big panic buying the existing stock in response to gold ore prices.

During the market chaos yesterday, I was able to buy liquidation candles for like 0.25g and immediately sell them on the market for 10g (probably made 75k just buying and selling various commodities like that with NPC demand). I wouldn't recommend paying your dudes anything for a while, that money's going to get pissed away on massive markup while market stocks recover.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:44:47 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: January 15, 2017, 06:30:59 pm »

I wouldn't recommend paying your dudes anything for a while, that money's going to get pissed away on massive markup while market stocks recover.
I wouldn't recommend paying your dudes anything ever.  It's a poorly implemented game mechanic.

When you pay them, they will spend it all on one or two things, go up in happiness briefly, then be broke and pissed off the rest of the day.  You get nothing in return for your money.

Unfortunately, we must pay 5% at minimum, so it ends up being like a tax we're forced to pay to the southern domains, a tax that gives us nothing in return.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 15, 2017, 07:54:32 pm »

well your mileage may vary ....

I'm giving 40% wages, taking back 50% local tax.
average happiness is 82%, and it feels like they recover fast enough.
This kind of wages gives my top lvl (5) about 5K at beginning of the day. My treasury is about 300K (350 before wages, 250K after)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: January 15, 2017, 08:05:29 pm »

300k?  You're in the south, right?

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 15, 2017, 08:35:58 pm »

So if I dont get the option to expand to one side, I must expand to the other first right? The other side in my case requires permission from someone else it seems.. how would I go about that?

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 15, 2017, 08:39:28 pm »

So if I dont get the option to expand to one side, I must expand to the other first right? The other side in my case requires permission from someone else it seems.. how would I go about that?
If you select the unowned space you want to expand into, then look in the help files under the expand domain action, it will tell you why you're not able to expand there.

When expanding, you can't take territory if there is a different territory that is a lot closer to your square.  No doubt this is to discourage long, snaky domains that look ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 161