Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189709 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1425 on: January 14, 2017, 04:15:43 pm »

Hmmmm, so I just noticed some money appeared in my treasury where before there was none... Apparently, I've sold some larch? Only I never actually did that? My available storage is 1095 m3 while current total is 579 m3 so there shouldn't be any auto-sell-to-prevent-stock-overflow going on (is that even a thing?), which leaves me wondering - what happened?

EDIT: mhm, ok, I get it, all my resources are on auto sell by default. While I'm sure handy in some case, I'd rather be in control of selling stuff for now.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:29:49 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 14, 2017, 04:32:31 pm »

The markets are in chaos! Nobody knows what anything is worth anymore! Buy, buy, buy, sell sell sell!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 14, 2017, 04:35:56 pm »

Be careful buying tiles btw.  After the market orders reset, people on both Error and Goldor markets (so I assume similar elsewhere) have listed tiles at 1200 per tile.  Since it's the sort of thing people tend to buy as they need them in small batches when issuing a build order it's easy to not notice the price until its too late and end up spending silly amounts (not that I fell for that, not at all...).
On tetra tiles are at an annoyingly low price of 20

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 14, 2017, 05:54:29 pm »

In case anyone's interested in what's going on around here, Delasagne seems to have somewhat mellowed, but at the same time, the French lord who they vassalized under, Tamriel, who's a moderator, no less, seems to take gleeful pleasure in sending batches of knights around to kill my peasants (not even workers, mind - fresh off the boat  peasants) and has even used his catapults to blow up some huts... for kicks, I guess?

Well, I'll certainly hit one of the top spots for civilian casualties at this rate.

I actually nearly managed to kill two of his knights - they were going to ambush a worker. I was able to fastmove my 4 halberdiers to the square, then I moved about a dozen peasants over also. The peasants formed a human wall which my halberdiers poked over. Sadly, he was able to flee when his knights were down to ~25% health. I left with my halberdiers back to the safety of my castle, just before a different one of his vassals airdropped in like a dozen knights.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 14, 2017, 06:07:51 pm »

So, wait, we have an asshole moderator in there now?

Apparently, Greensili thinks I'm French as well. Not sure why.

Also, what is the Stone Cutting skill used for? I don't see any structure, not even walls or wonders, that use it. There appears to be no reason to use Stonemasons over Bricklayers.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 14, 2017, 06:29:23 pm »

Walls, along with every other building I checked that can use stone as a resource, has Stone Cutting skill listed under 'depending on resource'.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 14, 2017, 06:32:59 pm »

My understanding is that stone cutting skill reduces build time when using stone.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 14, 2017, 06:33:13 pm »

Also, what is the Stone Cutting skill used for? I don't see any structure, not even walls or wonders, that use it. There appears to be no reason to use Stonemasons over Bricklayers.
If you use stone to build instead of bricks, they'll use the stone cutting skill for quality and/or time reduction (not 100% sure which.)

My situation appears to be sorted out - I decided to become the vassal of the guy who was camping all the knights in my marketplace. He (unlike the moderator), doesn't want to see my lord's head on a platter, even though his nation is apparently allied with the moderator. So the moderator (and Delasagne) will have to go pound sand, unless they want to escalate this war.

Edit: Ha! With the recalculation of the orders at midnight, I'm now tied for 2nd place in the Order of Civilian Victims. Go me!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:51:20 pm by AlStar »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 14, 2017, 06:35:55 pm »

I wouldn't train any stonecutters, just use bricklayers. Masonry seems far more important, and funnily enough my bricklayers all have a higher stonecutting skill than masonry anyway (from equipment). They use the same equipment, so any stonecutters can be retrained as bricklayers for no loss besides some of the experience.

Maybe stonecutters would make sense if we could manufacture stone blocks (like in DF) and then use them like bricks without any additional stonecutting.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 14, 2017, 07:22:13 pm »

It seems all my units have been demanding a large number of food items for the past few hours, but I guess with the market change there's no offers. Happiness has tanked as a result.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 14, 2017, 08:16:39 pm »

edit: nevermind

edit2: A different question: Am I able to build outside my boundary if it is not within someone else's boundary? If not, how do I go about expanding mine?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:34:20 pm by Android »

DevilRanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 14, 2017, 08:52:15 pm »

@Android

Zoom in on a piece of territory adjacent to your boundary and search for the expand domain action or go to https://www.landsoflords.com/help/act/land:expand and it will say how much expansion capacity you have compared to how much you need to expand your border. Once you have enough expansion capacity send your lord to the location and have him perform the expand domain action found under the land management tab.

You will only be able to expand into unclaimed territory close to the center of your domain in order to maintain a reasonable homogeneous shape.

Edit: you gain expansion capacity for most buildings you construct, you can see how much they grant on their help page.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 14, 2017, 08:52:50 pm »

Only roads can be built outside your domain, and I think there's a penalty to Surveying involving, meaning the road requires a Surveyor(or someone with the skill).

Expanding domains is achieved by building enough buildings with Expansion Capacity until your EC is greater than your domain's total acreage, then moving your lord to a spot just outside your borders and issuing the expand domain order. It seems to require you to expand in a circular-ish area centered on your domain's (market) square.

PRE-EDIT: I forgot how fast this topic moves.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1438 on: January 15, 2017, 07:33:30 am »

Is there no way to build a road through 'clayey soil'? The option doesn't even appear.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 15, 2017, 07:41:51 am »

Again, you'll probably need a Surveyor, or someone with more than -20 Surveying skill. Check the guy you're assigning the task to. Digging is also required for roads, but Clayey Soil gives a bonus to digging so that should never be an issue.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 161