Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189837 times)

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #1350 on: January 12, 2017, 02:57:54 pm »

Well, it seems that I will probably end up a vassal, which isn't truly too awful since there are many means of which I can liberate myself once my realm is sufficiently larger. After all, I'm not exactly doing poorly- I expect myself to be able to build walls soon, and perhaps a military.

Just my opinion:
If you don't want to be his vassal then just say it.
Look I appreciate the offer, but I'm just looking to play the game and have some fun not be part of some mega alliance.

If the guy then forces the issue, then you can't stop him anyway. He will come and subjugate you and at least then you know his true colours and also have a chip to play in the future. Eg. He forced you into it and you didnt want it, you can use this to maybe get the help you want later. If it comes to worse, you refuse, then he lays waste to some of your people, well then you just got a even bigger chip to play. If you agree to it willfully then you don't have much to play when it comes to complaining about it..

Or stall, and keep stalling. Again, worse is he forces the issue. Say you'll think about it but not really sure where you want to be in the game. Imho, worse thing to do is agree if you don't want it. You lose all your diplomatic options since he didn't do anything wrong.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 12, 2017, 03:07:29 pm »

I'd rather not the ruin of my realm, and he is effectively forcing it here.

So paying a visit is forcing it?
No, its just applying a bit of pressure to get you to roll over.

Forcing it is issuing an ultimatum. Did he offer one yet?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 12, 2017, 03:17:50 pm »

PR means a lot in this game, delaying it and then showing people proof of an aggressive Hispania might actually get people to intervene for your independence. Hispania is not a relatively strong power so they got to play their cards safe, I'm pretty sure it's just all talk.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 12, 2017, 03:37:57 pm »

As a baywatcher in that area, I'd rather we stay independent or form our own group. I don't want some megakingdom's tentacles getting that close.

I see now that I should have been militarizing. I'll stop making tools and sell off my stocks.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 12, 2017, 03:39:57 pm »

Well, the Lord of Hispania is headed to my realm directly.

I found myself vassal to Hispania simply due to my proximity with their much more established nation.
The bulk of my distaste for their kind stems primarily from the language barrier. In fact, I must admit that their offer was extremely generous, requiring only the minimum 1% of my income in taxes and offering the protection of their military in exchange(no idea if they would make good on the latter).
Ultimately, one could do far worse than to find themselves vassal to Hispania.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 12, 2017, 03:40:29 pm »

PR is in the RP Tickets that you can make. 
Take the AlStar/Freefall vs Blanche Delasagne conflict right now. 
Blanche Delasagne put up RP Tickets detailing the death of one of their lordlings and a number of peasants under the hands of Freeman's troops.  Now they have the support of other French players who are more then willing to send aid/troops.

The thing is, Blanche Delasagne also clearly stated that they want to resolve this themselves.  So any aid to Freeman would also bring in 3rd parties fighting for the side of justice.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:46:56 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 12, 2017, 03:42:33 pm »

you said you were contacted by the Frémonts. have you thought about talking to them about a better deal? We are a rather open group, where all decisions are taken by assembly and consensus. Everyone is here by choice and free to leave. We are in some talks with Hispania, so if you are with us maybe you will be spared vassalage.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 12, 2017, 03:48:10 pm »

we are holding a council right now. Want me to bring up the issue? I think you are Veere, right?
if it is just the vassal who wants to push the issue, we probably have enough strength to deter him.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 12, 2017, 03:54:49 pm »

Ispil, could you join the discord server, for better communication?

Anyway, Lord Frémont seems willing to take you in the fraternity, or to offer protection even if you decide to join Hispania.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 12, 2017, 04:34:00 pm »

Lol--for some reason there's a trend of very bad diplomacy among Bay12ers in this game.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 12, 2017, 04:46:07 pm »

Dorfs are not used to diplomacy beyond "hit with hammer until it either agrees or forgets what everything was about".
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 12, 2017, 04:54:36 pm »

>sends letter asking for aid to local ally
>accidentally sends letter to enemy

balls

EDIT: And there's the threat of war. Delightful.

This might get ugly.

What did he say exactly out of curiosity and also... what did you say in those letters? Thats quite a bad mistake to have made in this situation  :o

Since you have what? No or little troops? Not really leaving much choice now, beyond refusing and calling a bluff, or refusing and getting ass kicked/wiped out. If you are on your own then refusing its just suicide probably... there is little reason for him to not follow through on the threat? Especially if you said something out of line in those mails?

Edit:
I see you maybe got some help from Fremont?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:58:04 pm by Crowe~ »

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 12, 2017, 05:21:23 pm »

In fact, I must admit that their offer was extremely generous, requiring only the minimum 1% of my income in taxes and offering the protection of their military in exchange(no idea if they would make good on the latter).

I only had a few inactive vassal's from early on but taxes seem to be a global setting.
So he can't tax you 10% without also taxing everyone the same. Im going to assume that 1% tax is probably the default setting for most Kingdoms to keep their loyal friends happy etc?

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 12, 2017, 06:39:16 pm »

Sheesh, feeling pretty lucky with my village's location more and more as I read this diplomatic intrigue.  So far the only real interaction with my neighbors has been basically "'Hey nice to meet you, let me know if you need any help" and my reply of "Yeah same to you"

Maybe the -10c to -18c temperatures cause everyone around to behave a bit more chill.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 12, 2017, 07:26:51 pm »

The one plus side of this is that I've managed to climb the ranks... well, some of them, anyway...

Grand Cross of the Order of the Denier, Grand Officer of the Order of Merchants and of Civilian Victims, Commander of the Order of Military Wounded, Officer of the Order of the Legion of Honour and of the War Cross.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:28:59 pm by AlStar »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 161