Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189792 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #960 on: December 31, 2016, 11:41:24 am »

Definitely a toolmaker first, since you need the tools to train/specialize people. The nailmaker is still pretty damn important, however, since you need a ton of nails to build your settlement. Basically a toolmaker should save you money in spurts while a nailmaker saves you money in the long run. It's just that you train more people in the beginning, so having the tools ready then is more benefitial.

Though, high quality tools are critical to producing high quality buildings and goods, so it might be preferable to plan on just buying your tools if you cannot create tools of high quality yourself. They can be pricey, but shouldn't bankrupt anyone. And when you're selling higher quality goods the tools will pay for themselves.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 31, 2016, 01:26:29 pm »

So, I just caught up with a few of the tickets and notice there is a war kicking off already?

Justin de Wasser, Lu Bu, Hawkwoods, Tarik Lupercal, others.

Hawkwoods has raised a fair few troops already for someone not long started out. ~15 units already between his 2 main domains. Thats some good going  :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 01:36:53 pm by Crowe~ »

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 31, 2016, 01:39:47 pm »

Yeah. House De Wasser is invading House Fengxian Lu.
According to De Wasser it is in retaliation for some murdered civilians, but several people seem to not be buying it and have arrived to support Fengxian Lu.
Wasser has now retreated to his barracks and is turning people into peasant soldiers.

As their direct neighbor (Elysian Estate, House Ferel) I'm currently starting to build some military units to prevent spillage of their conflict onto my lands.

Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Rueprect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 31, 2016, 02:00:29 pm »

Yeah. House De Wasser is invading House Fengxian Lu.
According to De Wasser it is in retaliation for some murdered civilians, but several people seem to not be buying it and have arrived to support Fengxian Lu.
Wasser has now retreated to his barracks and is turning people into peasant soldiers.

As their direct neighbor (Elysian Estate, House Ferel) I'm currently starting to build some military units to prevent spillage of their conflict onto my lands.

Interesting. Was just looking it over. I saw he has holed up all his people into his castle and raising those peasant troops, also he has just finished a battering ram in 'lower de Wasserland' as I write - so he must be planning an attack somewhere. Although his economy is going to be crippled with no one working and he has pretty much no money in the treasury of any of those 3 domains....

Edit:
He is attacking Lunasurf barracks, where Hawkwood is marching. [03358W:23447N]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 02:19:58 pm by Crowe~ »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 31, 2016, 02:34:00 pm »

Man, looking over some of my early production structures (especially my (~1 3/4 star) tilery and (~1 star) forge)  I desperately want to tear them down and rebuild them - I'm certain I can get at least 3 or 4 stars building them now. Of course, this is in a perfect world where I don't have tons of other stuff that also needs building...

As long as we're putting down our domains:
Lordship of Collapse: https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Collapse
Domain of Rebirth: https://www.landsoflords.com/arm/org/Rebirth

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 31, 2016, 02:39:27 pm »

Edit:
He is attacking Lunasurf barracks, where Hawkwood is marching. [03358W:23447N]

TIL that you can see when people are marching on someone. Noted.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 31, 2016, 02:40:06 pm »

His attack on Lunasurf having failed, De Wasser has now begun to demolish buildings inside his own domains.
Interesting move. Looks like he has given up already, and is now wrecking his own place to make occupation unlucrative. He's pretty much salting his own earth with that, even if he survives he'll be crippled for weeks.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 31, 2016, 02:44:17 pm »

He's probably going to quit.  Probably planning to liquidate and hide his nobles.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 31, 2016, 02:59:30 pm »

Seems a bit over the top? Taking down his 3 fairly established domains..

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 31, 2016, 04:36:05 pm »

Today I learned that deposits such as stone and ore gradually deteriorate in quality as you exploit them.  So I guess that's one reason to keep expanding even if you're only getting more of the stuff you already have.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 31, 2016, 05:00:31 pm »

On the discussion of toolmakers/armorers/nailmakers, it's worth noting that a toolmaker is going to be better at making weapons than an armorer, since they have a much higher turnery skill. A toolmaker's also going to be entirely better than a wheelwright at making wheels, and a combination of any smith + a boilermaker is likely going to be better at making the plate armors as well.

So while a unit may be useful for autoproduction, if you want to push for a high quality manually, some units are actually better at a task than their specialized counterparts. A toolmaker is currently better for anything requiring turnery than the other smiths because of its equipment and skills, except for the boilermaker for boilermaking. Jewelers of all things are also the most effective for glazing, since they can equip diamonds. Stonecutters and bricklayers use identical equipment, so the difference in masonry/stonecutting is going to come entirely from unit level, which isn't very much (and I don't know if stonecutting is even very relevant).

You can also change a building's specialization very painlessly for no loss of quality that I know of. So if you want to produce some weapons and armor to get just a few units equipped, you don't need to build an entirely new forge, you can just flip a tool factory or whatever back and forth (and the toolmaker will be as good or better without having to train a new unit). I also would not worry so much about building quality. Even with perfect materials and units, it may not even be possible to get some buildings up to a high quality level, and it doesn't matter much for the lower level buildings anyway (like the buildings that only give +5 fire, the difference between +2 and +5 isn't really going to matter). Many buildings give no bonuses or penalties, so quality only affects combat (though a high quality mine for instance will have a lower happiness penalty). But if you plan on upgrading that building, the initial quality will matter.

And a final point, the annoying attributes a unit has do matter a bit (more than the difference between most building qualities anyway), but it's not just he requirements shown on the units page. The unit skills shown are often different from the actions that the unit will actually be making, like the knight apparently requires charasma and wisdom (or whatever those are) but doesn't even have any relevant skills related to those attributes (which would just be strength and agility for combat).

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 31, 2016, 05:12:08 pm »

Today I learned that deposits such as stone and ore gradually deteriorate in quality as you exploit them.  So I guess that's one reason to keep expanding even if you're only getting more of the stuff you already have.

I just saw that too. It seems a bit over the top & super fast.

My Limestone quarry has gone from 61% to 55% within 2 weeks of quarrying, the first wk just a single guy then the last ~5 days I have 6 mines/units on it. So thats 60 men with picks and shovels took down 10% of the available resources in a wk?! My virtual medieval village is going to strip mine the lime mountain near me in a few months it seems.

Its the same for the clay, down 5% in 2 weeks, first week one guy, the last few days 4 guys/pits.

I'm not 100% on this but I was looking around some advanced towns from the ranking lists and saw they had real low quality mines, and the guys on them where digging up very small amounts - like 5t per dig compared to 35-40t per dig for my guys. So it could be that with quality also goes quantity... I hope not, but it seems so. Those poor yields wont even cover wages ----- the future looks bleak  :o

Edit:
Lime down to 54%... Peak Oil Lime is real
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:26:07 pm by Crowe~ »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 31, 2016, 05:51:39 pm »

Really? Crap. What happens when all resources are tapped out? Do they regen over time if not worked?

Also, finally figured out why my bowmaker was making 0% quality quivers despite good materials and skill(good enough to make 50%-60% bows). At first I thought it was the crap archery shop built onto one of the houses built during the tutorial(thus, crap). Actually, bowmakers don't receive leatherworking skill at all, which quivers use. Still making decent money off it, though.

EDIT: I've had one guy picking away at a limestone quarry since I put him there, at least two weeks, before moving him to a higher quality quarry down the road. The old quarry, new quarry, and surrounding mountains all have the same quality limestone at 76%. Is it the entire mountain that loses quality? Because otherwise, I'm not seeing it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:13:33 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 31, 2016, 06:27:30 pm »

EDIT: I've had one guy picking away at a limestone quarry since I put him there, at least two weeks, before moving him to a higher quality quarry down the road. The old quarry, new quarry, and surrounding mountains all have the same quality limestone at 76%. Is it the entire mountain that loses quality? Because otherwise, I'm not seeing it.

Mine seem to be affected - https://www.landsoflords.com/map/03351W16542N (66%) vs https://www.landsoflords.com/map/03352W16542N (77%)
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 161