Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189723 times)

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #945 on: December 31, 2016, 05:41:27 am »

How can I make a second character? Can't seem to find the option. Are there requirements?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 31, 2016, 05:48:44 am »

If memory serves (I can't check cos I'm at the maximum number of characters) it's an option on the Armorial page for your House.

To get to that page, you can either go to the Armorial (shield icon) and it should be one of the entries there, or go to your character's page (in the top right click your portrait, then from the dropdown select your character's name) and it should be one of the links there.

I don't think there's any requirements, but you can't have more than 3 and I think there's a cooldown between creating characters.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 31, 2016, 05:52:51 am »

if we are sharing coords,

Allardland
01056W:23921N
My primary domain. It has the slight disadvantage of being dirt poor. The dirt here is however very clayey, so I am trying to turn it into an huge brick making capital. Time will tell if this strategy has any hope of working, but it should at least give me time to  expand to the iron ore in the north.

Val-Leoline d'Allard sur Lestre
01035W:23728N
A secondary domain. I wanted to claim it, since it was abandoned and decently developed. Then noticed the local small power block was claiming it as well, so I retreated. But they offered me to keep it in exchange to join their fraternity and I have been an happy vassal/brother since then. Great economical power house, with some good iron inside borders and an huge deposit outside. I will be able to smith the world, as soon as I get enough population ( recent events force me to divert work force from hut building)

Allardland Minor
01209W:23989N
My second attempt at founding a domain. No tutorial bonus, it is ruled by an heir. Place is new, but promising: high quality iron, big forests, lime, 4 kinds of stone ( granite, marble, limestone, sandstone); all within a couple of expansions. I see many quarries in its future.edit: and ample bushland and meadow for summertime animal husbandry.

I wish it was possible to trade resources directly between domains, would make my life much easier.

edit: any advice on how to bring up the economy of allardland? or is it just a bad place? right now my main export is clay...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 06:01:30 am by andrea »

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 31, 2016, 05:56:23 am »

Oh hey, you're my neighbor. Howdy! I'm Karnov at Moonshade (01651W:22410N), right next to your Cragvale settlement.

Oh hello neighbor, Pretty impressed with your settlement of Moonshade over there. :)

How can I make a second character? Can't seem to find the option. Are there requirements?

Your second character (first heir) can be generated after a day of joining I believe, the third character (second heir) can be generated after a week. You can see if you have an heir or domain available by clicking your portrait in the top right and selecting your name, then clicking on the blazon of your house. It should lead to armorial screen for your house which has such details.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:58:04 am by Therolyn »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 31, 2016, 06:42:30 am »

edit: any advice on how to bring up the economy of allardland? or is it just a bad place? right now my main export is clay...

You have a fairly diverse selection of decent quality trees, so maybe worth looking into doing something with that - other than Luthrie you've got pretty much all the bases covered, so anything you make should be pretty good quality.  Or just selling the lumber raw might fetch a decent amount of money.

You've got a river which lets you make paper (your birch wood is good for that), but I have no idea if that's at all profitable.  Does let you improve the quality of buildings by using it for windows though.

Note that your claypits are on the lesser of the two clay patches you have, may be worth relocating them (unsure if quality will really affect income there, so probably best investigating that before taking action there).

For longer term expansion, to the northwest is a patch of pretty good iron that'd open up a bunch more options for industry (plus some good oak, with added cork).  There's also some good iron to your southeast.

But yeah, in the immediate future clay/bricks/tiles is probably your best option.  Maybe pottery too, not sure how profitable that is.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 31, 2016, 09:22:08 am »

Coords sharing time.

Elysian Estate:
03467W:23631N

Colovian Estate:
03463W:23828N

Quandia Island:
03727W:23314N

Yeah, I know. All of those locations are kinda terrible.  :P
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #951 on: December 31, 2016, 09:32:14 am »

Coords sharing time.

Elysian Estate:
03467W:23631N

Colovian Estate:
03463W:23828N

Quandia Island:
03727W:23314N

Yeah, I know. All of those locations are kinda terrible.  :P
Oop. I'll add you next time. Also, if I missed anyone else, please do tell.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 31, 2016, 09:46:29 am »

The creed of Foolland is 'Fools Rush In'.
Sadly, my rush to pick a starting spot resulted not only in my having sub-optimal resources, but now has also resulted in my becoming vassal to Hispania. Much as I abhor their loathsome kind, their numbers are significantly greater than mine, for now, and as such I find myself with little option but to accept their offer of peace.
For the time being, all I can do is play along, and pray that the fates deliver me from these heathens when the time is right.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 31, 2016, 10:20:16 am »

If u become once a vassal can u somehow betray him later and became free again?

The one big guy, Bolek of Silesia Superior is treating me and he want to force a vassalage on me but im not sure i want to be his vassal
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:26:17 am by HARD »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 31, 2016, 10:26:12 am »

Yes, if you 'subjugate' (see the help topic for details) your suzerain it will release you from being their vassal, and I believe makes them your vassal.

(edit: though with the suzerain getting to command your military for one day each week, I'm not sure how viable it is to actually do that even if you somehow manage to become stronger than them)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:31:04 am by Biowraith »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 31, 2016, 10:32:16 am »

Dram:

02472W:23777N

So you can do some basic trade between your domains?  How does that work?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 31, 2016, 10:37:35 am »

You can't trade directly, you have to use the market - domain 1 puts up a buy order then domain 2 sells the items at the price that'll trigger domain 1's buy order (or possibly do a sell order then buy them, not sure which is more reliable at this point).  Obviously if there's a bunch of other buy/sell orders from other domains you'll need to be careful you don't end up selling to one of them instead, and you need to make sure you have the quality options matching up.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 31, 2016, 10:45:10 am »

Need glasswort bad on Zaldor ;_;.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 31, 2016, 11:09:09 am »

Definitely a toolmaker first, since you need the tools to train/specialize people. The nailmaker is still pretty damn important, however, since you need a ton of nails to build your settlement. Basically a toolmaker should save you money in spurts while a nailmaker saves you money in the long run. It's just that you train more people in the beginning, so having the tools ready then is more benefitial.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 31, 2016, 11:09:31 am »

then im pretty much faked, just started with soldiers production but it takes time, i dont really want to give up freedom of our lands but the guy is strongz
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 161