Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189638 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #810 on: December 27, 2016, 11:39:27 am »

Wait, straw is overpriced? And here I am sitting on this huge amount of it I found just lying on the ground.

* scriver puts straw on the market for an outrageously overpriced sum.

Lets have a straw monopoly together! Wait...where did all the straw go...they bought it for max price already....MY HOPES AND DREAMS UNDONE!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 27, 2016, 11:50:45 am »

By the way, since I am now in the straw business and have a lot of meadows, do I have to check each and every square to see if I can pick anything from it? Because they all seem to be empty since I harvested them the first time and going through every one would kill me.
Love, scriver~

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 27, 2016, 12:00:23 pm »

By the way, since I am now in the straw business and have a lot of meadows, do I have to check each and every square to see if I can pick anything from it? Because they all seem to be empty since I harvested them the first time and going through every one would kill me.

That straw was from 'find' and just to get you started. The real way of getting straw is from wheat and barely fields. Get about 1000kg of it per field every 7 days in 10c weather.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 27, 2016, 12:07:32 pm »

I too would like to know how "Find" works, since it seems to be a bit of a mystery to me.

On top of that, drinking water seems to be a bit weird.  You can only get it from wells, not rivers?  That seems... Odd.  Can you build something with plumbers that let you take drinking water from rivers?

A lot of the game mechanics seem very strange, especially having to do with water.

Also, evidently you lose 25% of your meat every day.  How do you preserve it? 

Bleh, I would post on the official forums but it seems I get more answers here faster.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 27, 2016, 12:29:50 pm »

That straw was from 'find' and just to get you started. The real way of getting straw is from wheat and barely fields. Get about 1000kg of it per field every 7 days in 10c weather.

Yes, but I wasn't wondering about straw, I was wondering about the "find" action. Is it only available at start?
Love, scriver~

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 27, 2016, 12:46:55 pm »

The details of exactly how Find works appears to be somewhat fuzzy, but the gist of it appears to be:

You can run the Find action often enough to get one batch of resources of each resource category (e.g. domestic animals, vegetables, etc) so long as they're 'native' to the type of terrain you're running it on.  I've seen suggestion that you can only run it once per terrain type, but many people (myself included) have run it multiple times in a row on the same terrain (same map square, even) before it became unavailable.

It appears you can use Find on meadows, shrubland, marsh, and salt marshes (maybe one or two others - I saw someone say they'd found stuff on a metal deposit - but I've never had it work on anything but those 4, and meadows gave me the most stuff).

Expanding your domain appears to reset it, allowing you to do another round of Find actions (can confirm it worked for both of my domains).

Someone on the forum stated that it will only Find items you've never had in stock before.  Don't know if that's true, or whether it resets with domain expansion (though the stuff I found after expanding didn't include anything I'd gained pre-expansion, so maybe).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 12:48:38 pm by Biowraith »

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 27, 2016, 12:50:45 pm »

Thus is a screencap taken by hawkwood. Its a messagetsent to me when i asked for peace. Guess my neughbor isnt very friendly

http://m.imgur.com/jARqqNX?r

My wife played on my phone to "help" me. She asked various domains that didn't look like were being used much if they wanted to donate their domain to her. She added it was okay if not and have a good 2017. My wife isnt very good with words, but i doubt it sounded rude, but this neighbor might be really bad with english. Maybe google translate fudged up the message.

More likely my unfriendly neighbor was fishing for a reason to be aggressive. But she is in a pretty big alliance sadly. But she sure is rude

I recieved word (wont go into any detail, it was a private message to someone else), but owner of liverfish and her liege is just always rude. Someone tried talking to her and each message she sent was ruder and more aggressive.

First rude person i met in the game lol. Everyone else has been incredibly nice. Guess we have our first enemy.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 27, 2016, 12:54:41 pm »

The details of exactly how Find works appears to be somewhat fuzzy, but the gist of it appears to be:

You can run the Find action often enough to get one batch of resources of each resource category (e.g. domestic animals, vegetables, etc) so long as they're 'native' to the type of terrain you're running it on.  I've seen suggestion that you can only run it once per terrain type, but many people (myself included) have run it multiple times in a row on the same terrain (same map square, even) before it became unavailable.

It appears you can use Find on meadows, shrubland, marsh, and salt marshes (maybe one or two others - I saw someone say they'd found stuff on a metal deposit - but I've never had it work on anything but those 4, and meadows gave me the most stuff).

Expanding your domain appears to reset it, allowing you to do another round of Find actions (can confirm it worked for both of my domains).

Someone on the forum stated that it will only Find items you've never had in stock before.  Don't know if that's true, or whether it resets with domain expansion (though the stuff I found after expanding didn't include anything I'd gained pre-expansion, so maybe).

If you look at the help section, it mentions find is a once per resource type and territory - so that is true. However it also says, that if there is a resource shortage on the markets it become possible again - I assume that is why everyone is getting multiple find chances - since all those straws/hays and so on are in dire shortages.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 27, 2016, 01:27:02 pm »

Well, I've seen a few people on the official forum cite domain expansion as resetting Find, and it did appear to be available again after my own expansion.

That said, it may just be coincidence - perhaps the market shortage triggered reset just coincided with my expansion.  There's a continual shortage of all farming related resources (i.e. the sort of thing Find turns up) on Error due to the temperature and lack of trading ships, so I imagine if the help file is accurate and the market is a trigger then it'll be a regular thing just now.  It appears to be on at least a 7 day cycle (assuming it's regular and not random), as I was checking my local meadow periodically after Find dried up for me the first time around and it didn't return until after my expansion on day 8 of my domain.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 27, 2016, 02:08:43 pm »

I personally was able to use ''find'' on some limestone rocks too.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 27, 2016, 02:12:32 pm »

Hmm, well here is something of interest:

I haven't really done much in the way of "find". Just the once I believe early on in the campaign. Ive sent my Lord to search a nearby meadow, 3 turnips he find's, now I was going to go get him to search another one but the find has reset already at the same spot. He will find 4 wheat seeds. So either it reset in the last ~30mins or the chance to find was already 'stacked' up in that location.

The plot thickens it seems?

Edit: Huh... this is rather weird, so I went to look at the wheat on the market. I ticked/unticked the auto sell which adds the good to your resource list & disables the autosell, come back to my Lord and now there is no option for that wheat find, it is gone. Could be the game now thinks I have already had wheat so killed that chance to find it?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 02:20:54 pm by Crowe~ »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 27, 2016, 02:29:45 pm »

What you are going to find isn't based on location, just the terrain.  You can find several times in the same location with out having to move, it's the way it's designed.

What you find, as others have mentioned and as it says in the help file, is based on what you don't have in stock and what is in short supply on the market.

You'll find most vegetables and grains in meadows along with cows and horses, in shrubland you'll find sheep and pigs and in marshes you find rice and chickens.  I guess you can also find stones and ores.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 27, 2016, 02:41:36 pm »

I hope I can find enough saddle horses to start breeding.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 27, 2016, 02:51:45 pm »

What you are going to find isn't based on location, just the terrain.  You can find several times in the same location with out having to move, it's the way it's designed.

What you find, as others have mentioned and as it says in the help file, is based on what you don't have in stock and what is in short supply on the market.

You'll find most vegetables and grains in meadows along with cows and horses, in shrubland you'll find sheep and pigs and in marshes you find rice and chickens.  I guess you can also find stones and ores.

Seems there is some random element to it? I sent my guy to the marsh - he finds hens, of which there is plenty of the market, but rice there is none on the market and yet he doesnt find any of that. Or prehaps because it is winter here and rice can't grow?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 27, 2016, 02:56:01 pm »

Past 3 hours and my unhappy (<10% peasants) have gained some happiness to 22%. 
96% health now. 
A hour and half project was completed by my super happy peasants already and they are at 100% health.

It makes a huge difference.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 161