Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189626 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #795 on: December 26, 2016, 10:59:50 pm »

Holy shit! Just sold 10 70% bows for 500 each (4750 with tax)!!! It would be more profitable if hemp fibre wasnt so hard to acquire.  :(

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 26, 2016, 11:04:51 pm »

The comment in this thread that has had the most lasting presence in my head is Zangi's about how he is building an empire of a size that is manageable in the long-term. The amount of two-times daily micromanagement in this game is significant.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 26, 2016, 11:08:55 pm »

I definitely won't have nine cities.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 26, 2016, 11:09:57 pm »

I think--in part--what gives this game that charm, is that there are a bunch of different goals you can shoot for, and the game pretty much lets you do whatever to fulfill them.

Personally, I'm shooting for biggest city I can in one domain. With the added challenge of making it a canal centric city--a cross between the Free Cities of the Holy Roman Empire and Venice. I'd like it to cover my entire island--hopefully spilling over onto the nearest island and mainland.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 27, 2016, 04:29:40 am »

Straw and hay are horribly overpriced right now... IF they can be bought on the market at all.
I had to give up on charcoal production, I hope my meadows will spawn enough to feed the poultry farming.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 27, 2016, 06:00:00 am »

That's a problem, as I need to import straw for my hens. It's really not worth it now to breed them, as the input cost is around 63g per run(I need to import seed as well), and I only get 17 hens and 77 eggs. Hens are around 9.9g each(according to sellers, not base price), eggs are 4.8. Selling all the eggs and only 7 of the hens would net me around 69g before tax.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 27, 2016, 07:06:23 am »

Wait, straw is overpriced? And here I am sitting on this huge amount of it I found just lying on the ground.

* scriver puts straw on the market for an outrageously overpriced sum.
Love, scriver~

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 27, 2016, 08:26:31 am »

Oddly, for some reason I was able to find more resources on a space I found some on earlier. I wonder if it is a bug

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 27, 2016, 09:03:57 am »

Oddly, for some reason I was able to find more resources on a space I found some on earlier. I wonder if it is a bug

If you're under the resource production tab--the amount can be slightly randomized--I believe it may also be affected by the skill and equipment level of your workers in some cases.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 27, 2016, 09:21:35 am »

Nope, it was a find/search action not a resource harvesting action. Same tab however I guess. First time it was a find of flowers and turnips, then after leaving the unit who found then there for about half an hour, a find of hemp seeds appeared
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:27:57 am by Therolyn »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 27, 2016, 10:44:07 am »

Nope, it was a find/search action not a resource harvesting action. Same tab however I guess. First time it was a find of flowers and turnips, then after leaving the unit who found then there for about half an hour, a find of hemp seeds appeared

yep, precisely--foraging usually leads to inconsistent results.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 27, 2016, 10:46:04 am »

I've once been able to "find" something 4 times in a row on the same square, hens, barley, wheat and cows.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 27, 2016, 11:17:23 am »

Thus is a screencap taken by hawkwood. Its a messagetsent to me when i asked for peace. Guess my neughbor isnt very friendly

http://m.imgur.com/jARqqNX?r

My wife played on my phone to "help" me. She asked various domains that didn't look like were being used much if they wanted to donate their domain to her. She added it was okay if not and have a good 2017. My wife isnt very good with words, but i doubt it sounded rude, but this neighbor might be really bad with english. Maybe google translate fudged up the message.

More likely my unfriendly neighbor was fishing for a reason to be aggressive. But she is in a pretty big alliance sadly. But she sure is rude

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 27, 2016, 11:18:42 am »

Man, all I've ever found was a handful of rice in the swamp that forms one of my borders. The downside to not having any meadows around, I suppose.

The domain expansion algorithm has decided to screw me over something fierce - there's a small hill to the South East of my domain that has some rock I'd like to quarry and some minerals I'd like to mine. Instead, my first expansion gave me a large swath of land to my East, which mostly consists of a 1 1/2* swamp, and the second gave me a swath of land to my South, which, incidentally, also has a swamp (although it's higher quality, so might actually be useful for something when spring comes around.) The patch of ground that I actually want remains frustratingly just out-of-bounds.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 27, 2016, 11:34:17 am »

Happyness really does make a huge difference.  Just finished an 11h project and the happy guys(green face) are fully rested, while the unhappy ones(red face) are still at half.

EDIT: roughly 1.5 hours of rest
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 161