Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189577 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #735 on: December 25, 2016, 06:24:14 pm »

Goddamnit this is annoying. I can't find a single dot of useful unclaimed resource, the map is utterly horrendous. Every time I want to get in I just can't seem to find anything.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 25, 2016, 06:31:34 pm »

What resources are you looking for?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 25, 2016, 06:36:00 pm »

Goddamnit this is annoying. I can't find a single dot of useful unclaimed resource, the map is utterly horrendous. Every time I want to get in I just can't seem to find anything.

Where are you looking?

Also--look to the North, plenty of land up there. Good resources too.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #738 on: December 25, 2016, 06:43:45 pm »

Anything that catches my eye. Like, iron.

Where are you looking?

Everywhere. All the time I look at the world and when I close up ANYWHERE then suddenly thosuands of small holdings appear and anything between them is nothing. It doesn't help the map is so horribly laggy (like, the borders and heraldry can load up after a minute or so) and shit at actually showing anything.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 25, 2016, 06:55:16 pm »

Anything that catches my eye. Like, iron.

Where are you looking?

Everywhere. All the time I look at the world and when I close up ANYWHERE then suddenly thosuands of small holdings appear and anything between them is nothing. It doesn't help the map is so horribly laggy (like, the borders and heraldry can load up after a minute or so) and shit at actually showing anything.

I was looking for where I might like to start a third domain and I found this spot which might be good enough? https://www.landsoflords.com/map/02855W17142N

There's some nice trees, middling granite/slate, and some very good tin at 02840W17137N, as well as a decent distance to other domains (they're close, but not super super close).

I also found https://www.landsoflords.com/map/02974W17016N (there's some open space just south) but there's really only the granite there.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #740 on: December 25, 2016, 07:00:57 pm »

I settled in complete utter wilderness north of everything. There is iron here. And silver. And trees. There is nobody else in like medium screen zoom out. I don't know what I'm doing anyways, and it's -15C, so I guess I'll die soon, but whatever.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 25, 2016, 07:32:12 pm »

Temperature barely matters at all, if you're under 0 degrees on average you won't be able to grow anything. And trees, iron and silver seem like a pretty good combo, can make some good money off of that. What are your coordinates?

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 25, 2016, 09:05:44 pm »

I'm preparing to find a third location site that I can establish. Somewhat divided between going for the decent coastal location I found with okay clay/slate/silver/small amount of excellent oak or a quiet inland area away from nearby more developed folks.

I find it somewhat funny how location can so easily bite you in the butt. My second natural location site looked so good with its gold deposits, okay temperature, diamonds a little further off and massive amounts of trees to the east, but I completely underestimated the difficulty of just getting a road to cross a small river, which has completely stalled my plans for access to the gold deposits.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:17:03 pm by Therolyn »

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 25, 2016, 09:44:40 pm »

I'm carving out 72% slate, but that don't sell for jack so it's back to the granite mines for me.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 25, 2016, 09:58:44 pm »

Slate's a good replacement for tile, them both being the best roofing material for quality.  I'm guessing tiles have the same benefit that bricks do in that because they are lighter for the amount needed that using them speeds up construction.  BUT slate is the only thing you can use for a few high end buildings.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 25, 2016, 10:05:11 pm »

I'm preparing to find a third location site that I can establish. Somewhat divided between going for the decent coastal location I found with okay clay/slate/silver/small amount of excellent oak or a quiet inland area away from nearby more developed folks.

I find it somewhat funny how location can so easily bite you in the butt. My second natural location site looked so good with its gold deposits, okay temperature, diamonds a little further off and massive amounts of trees to the east, but I completely underestimated the difficulty of just getting a road to cross a small river, which has completely stalled my plans for access to the gold deposits.

A good digger, ad prospector, may help :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 25, 2016, 10:52:59 pm »

Good to know. :)

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 25, 2016, 11:04:25 pm »

There's one thing I hate with heavy woodland. It's hard to see the 4 star silver ore hiding under it if you don't check it manually.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 25, 2016, 11:10:07 pm »

Brick prices still haven't fully recovered from that massive buy-up earlier, sitting around 44 gold now. Making a good bit of extra gold each liquidation thanks to that! About 8000 gold extra each one actually... Maybe this can be the new price point for bricks.  ;)

According to character history, did... 14 liquidations today because of it... haha. I need my liquidator character to head back though, as it is up to an 8 hour trek, and I need him there to claim a small holding near me that will be available soon.

Plus he has been gone so long a lot of the people along the way who died on the 17th and 18th that I couldn't liquidate on my last trip north can be liquidated now!

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 26, 2016, 12:45:35 am »

I'm risking the life of my first heir to claim Jewelstone. Another Lord is actually sitting in the castle, but I should have the time to claim the place before he goes back to the game.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 161