Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189441 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #585 on: December 23, 2016, 05:56:28 am »

Note: lanterns are pretty expensive. Get a glass factory going, farm glasswort or mine salt, refine it, and make lanterns, bottles, jars, magnifying lenses, etc. :)

Or liquidate more abandoned places for lanterns! Heh, heh, heh. Sadly today I wasn't able to do much liquidating at all, I had my 3rd character down south in a meeting with a lord in his palace discussing future plans instead of out roving the frozen north for targets to loot settlements to save.

In other news, I managed to get 1400 tokens today, enough to finish my castle early. Now to declare lordship!   ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:01:28 am by nate9090 »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 23, 2016, 06:00:36 am »

Do you actually get to keep any of the goods from places you liquidate? How do you get rid of the buildings?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 23, 2016, 06:06:04 am »

Do you actually get to keep any of the goods from places you liquidate? How do you get rid of the buildings?

You have to demolish the buildings. You get the goods... at 50% of the lowest buy price (the buy price going to the liquidating domain, then your lord pockets half that gold during liquidation which is divided among his domains at midnight). Ah, and the transaction tax. Then you can sell them at your main domain for the sell price.  How do you think I got over half a million gold in three days of starting? Lots of liquidations, even with the market glut you still easily make 10-20k per liquidation.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 23, 2016, 06:19:54 am »

How do you demolish them? I guess you have to take over the domain first? Like, what's the mechanical process?

Find domain, wait 7 days, claim, demolish, kill everyone off, press magic button, ... , profit?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 23, 2016, 12:41:02 pm »

Oh right, if anyone has ambitions of making a yuge kingdom, I can make a 3rd character... and become someone's vassal.  You just tell me where to settle down.

EDIT:
Trade really, put the goods up for sale and then immediately switch to another character and buy it.  The only ones worth keeping are the rare stuff like rope and building material you use / don't care about quality for. 

Then, laundering... have your main domain sell some item at high/max price.  (It is much easier doing it with a high quality product that few/no others sell.)  And you buy that stuff back at discount.

Demolishing, just send some peasants to the building and in the construction tab, you'll have the option to demolish the building.  (Do  not demolish the Square/Market.)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:51:45 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

babablacksheep

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 23, 2016, 01:36:25 pm »

Why make a charcoal burner instead of just burning trees?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 23, 2016, 01:41:57 pm »

Trade really, put the goods up for sale and then immediately switch to another character and buy it.  The only ones worth keeping are the rare stuff like rope and building material you use / don't care about quality for. 

Then, laundering... have your main domain sell some item at high/max price.  (It is much easier doing it with a high quality product that few/no others sell.)  And you buy that stuff back at discount.

Demolishing, just send some peasants to the building and in the construction tab, you'll have the option to demolish the building.  (Do  not demolish the Square/Market.)

Woah, I just got a flashback to the nineties.
Spoiler: not those nineties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 01:44:18 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 23, 2016, 01:45:21 pm »

I asked this earlier in the thread.  Charcoal has a +25 Fire skill bonus.  Trees have anywhere from +0 to +20 depending on the type of tree.  For a lot of processes the Fire skill is the biggest contributor by a large margin, so getting a higher bonus makes for a better end product.

babablacksheep

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 23, 2016, 01:53:12 pm »

I asked this earlier in the thread.  Charcoal has a +25 Fire skill bonus.  Trees have anywhere from +0 to +20 depending on the type of tree.  For a lot of processes the Fire skill is the biggest contributor by a large margin, so getting a higher bonus makes for a better end product.
Oh wow, thanks!

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 23, 2016, 02:25:50 pm »

Is there any other use for characters than making a new village? I got a new guy in my family, moved him to my place but cant really use him for anything

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 23, 2016, 02:26:37 pm »

Wolockia has now expand for a second time and for once the game gave me what I wanted. (the only patch of wood around and a single iron ore tile)

@HARD: yeah it's mostly creating other domains or you can send him to seize an abandonned one.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 23, 2016, 02:38:04 pm »

Does surveyors really make a difference for long road project? I need to expand my road network far away from downtown

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 23, 2016, 03:00:21 pm »

Does surveyors really make a difference for long road project? I need to expand my road network far away from downtown
I don't know if they're that much faster (my level 1 surveyor doesn't appear to be much faster), but it's more that they can build roads on difficult terrain at all. This can prove important if you want a road to go over a mountain or through a swamp.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 23, 2016, 03:07:16 pm »

Architects give 3 surveying skill per level instead of 5, but also let you build other stuff (Like bridges) So I am going to train one of those instead.

Other then defense, is there a downside to urban sprawl?  Can I have tiny little villages all over instead of just one massive one?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 23, 2016, 03:08:30 pm »

All projects, time to completion, and quality are based on the skills required.

A road is:
Surveying x5
Digging x5

A surveyor gets "+5 Surveying/Lv"
A digger gets "+5 Digging/Lv"  (also +1 Quarrying)

So either a single digger or a single surveyor should build at around the same time. Assuming they have base stats the same. Using one of each together should build very quickly in theory.

But the main reason for a surveyor is territory related --- take a look at a river side or a mountain side. You will see -7 surveying on the river near me. -23 Surveying on the mountain. Without a surveyor that mountain -23 will drop any normal character below the minimum -25 skill requirement and he wont be able to build a road, but a surveyor still will be able to build a road because for example he will be +5 -23 = -18 Surveying skill left.

Edit: I should add, in the above example, the mountain also gives a -55 digging, so in theory you need a super digger and a surveyor to build a road through this one. Is that even possible..?

Edit2:
My digger already has +35 digging skill, so him along with a surveyor, should be able to road that mountain in theory - i will have to try it :D

It is explained here; if you can get your head around it
https://www.landsoflords.com/help/act/calculation
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:22:02 pm by Crowe~ »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 161