Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189403 times)

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #525 on: December 22, 2016, 03:33:26 pm »

Accidentally settled very close to someone else on the forum. Someone gave coordinates for a nice starting place, but I just dove head first in and didn't realize the size of lands. Took a place that was some ways off the said coordinates. Noticed afterwards that someone else had settled on the exact coordinates that was mentioned here in the forum, so now we're like really close neighbours. My place is called Donnagherland and his/hers is Ironvale. I think that Norfireland to the north is also from bay12? Not sure about Kataclazland right next to him though.

In any case, this game is surprisingly fun. Seems to have plenty of depth at a first glance. Wanted to set up production for bricks, but it seems all the good spots for clay have solid quality trees on 'em, plus they're at the edge of my territory. I'll probably chop some trees if I can't find a better spot. Did train my first farmer and woodcutter though, so there is a bit of progress at least.

Also, I got 55 tokens today. FML.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 22, 2016, 04:21:57 pm »

I've been pinching pennies too hard. Spent 40k gold on 4+ star quality equipment for all my workers. God does that make a HUGE difference.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 22, 2016, 04:32:45 pm »

I must say, I feel rather behind right now. I'm almost tempted to restart at this point. Everything just feels so slow without any substantial worker numbers.

Yeah I restarted once, and now I want to restart again even though I am doing much better this time.  I must stay strong though!  The first time I didn't build enough industry, so hopefully I got a happy medium at this point.

Also:  Getting a second domain, how far away can it be?  Can I transfer good automatically between?  So if I grab some coastal Iron later, can I get that transferred to my capital to build tools and shit?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 22, 2016, 04:41:40 pm »

Ispil, just wait it out.  It took me several days to get running, nearly a week.  After you get to a certain point you hit a tipping point and explode.  Sure, this tipping point is different depending on where you are and what you have.

Just restarting will just mean you'll have to go through the slow start, again.

This is a game of timers, waiting is part of the game.  I'm a week away from something I needed a week ago, probably won't even start it in a week.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 22, 2016, 04:46:02 pm »

Ah, thanks.  Yeah, I guess I will rely on trade for my Iron.  I have Tin and Lead though, so hopefully when I get my blast furnace up I can start cranking out ingots onto the market for profit.

So since I can't use the ocean as Surrogate Walls (Boo), but it does give a bonus to defense if the attackers have to be in water (Yay) I believe I will create a walled area, with a large market section nearby.  What does the market square do anyway?  Can you build a second one/move it?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 22, 2016, 04:46:40 pm »

Yeah my understanding is granite is very good if you can get it up in quality as it provides quite a bit of bonuses to many buildings.

plus even if you don't own iron, there is enough iron on the market that you can make yourself some pretty decent tools if that's where you want to move into :)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 22, 2016, 05:11:51 pm »

I feel like growth has been stalled for a few days in my main domain, my second is just about to catch up and it didn't have a newbie tutorial build bonus! However that is because I stopped to build several big projects at once... Castle/Barracks/2 Medium Barns/Workshop

I feel like once those are done I'll get a good shove forward. Especially since I have a bunch of high quality tools waiting for all those workers tied up now. I already bought the tools for my second domain, and they were such a good investment I went and bought a set of replacement tools for all the workers in my main domain. The only things I didn't get were the few things that would cost 6-10k+ for a set of 10. (I think going into cart building might be a good business!)

So the moral of the story is, don't give up because things are going slow at first...Even with what is essentially unlimited (If there is something else I can spend it on that would make things faster, let me know.) gold it is taking a really decent long time to get things rolling.

Edit: Also if anyone is planning on gearing up their lord with some high quality gear, you only need to buy 2 units, I bought 10 of each and ended up with 8 extra.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:14:58 pm by nate9090 »

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 22, 2016, 05:22:45 pm »

Hawkwood, if I go to buy a few good tools later and find they are all gone its going to be war, you market eating money grubbing excuse for a noble Lord!

And stay out the wagon market! I got plans ;D

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 22, 2016, 05:23:30 pm »

Well, I settled at 01064W:23923N. Not entirely bad, has water, clay, some trees. Of course, after settling I notice that the other side of the lake has iron and lime... I can expand over them, but will take an awful lot :(

on other news, I also grabbed a domain at 01107W:23709N. It is empty, but it has a lot of excellent quality trees, it seems it would make a great place for woodcutting and/or hunting. So I am undecided between liquidating it for a few thousand bucks now, or start building it.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 22, 2016, 05:34:00 pm »

Does this game get updated a bit? I've really come to enjoy it and I was just wondering if the devs were still active.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 22, 2016, 05:44:15 pm »

They added some new stuff just a couple days ago (hunting), so they appear to be active to some extent.  Only been playing a few days though so I dunno how long it'd been since the last time anything new was implemented.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 22, 2016, 05:49:16 pm »

uh. why can't I copy text from in game messages? I just received a message entirely in french which I *THINK* says that I am allowed to take an abandoned domain in their lands, as long as I keep it vassal of their lordship and rename it to what they want.
But, all that I could infer just from the similarities between french an italian; a bit of Google translate would be much helpful.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 22, 2016, 05:55:55 pm »

This is going to end up being one of those 800 page threads, isn't it. Strap yourselves in lads!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 22, 2016, 06:00:23 pm »

Accidentally settled very close to someone else on the forum. Someone gave coordinates for a nice starting place, but I just dove head first in and didn't realize the size of lands. Took a place that was some ways off the said coordinates. Noticed afterwards that someone else had settled on the exact coordinates that was mentioned here in the forum, so now we're like really close neighbours. My place is called Donnagherland and his/hers is Ironvale. I think that Norfireland to the north is also from bay12? Not sure about Kataclazland right next to him though.

Oh, hey. I saw your domain pop up to the north of mine but didn't think to send a message.

I don't think we're that close together. Well, I might not be the best judge of things since I just joined. So we'll see.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 22, 2016, 06:12:09 pm »

uh. why can't I copy text from in game messages? I just received a message entirely in french which I *THINK* says that I am allowed to take an abandoned domain in their lands, as long as I keep it vassal of their lordship and rename it to what they want.
But, all that I could infer just from the similarities between french an italian; a bit of Google translate would be much helpful.

Yes, this is very annoying to me. At least I might be slowly learning French from this.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 161