Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189358 times)

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #510 on: December 22, 2016, 12:49:23 pm »

Ooh, you can use granite while building houses instead of brick. Considering I have a natural supply of granite, I think I'll do that instead. Will need more quarrymen then to keep up a really nice supply of granite, though. Fine by me.

You can go even cheaper and use limestone to build houses. I think whoever wrote it earlier had it right: house quality doesn't matter other than having one high quality house (thus high happiness bonus) for your people to recover in.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 22, 2016, 01:04:48 pm »

Ooh, you can use granite while building houses instead of brick. Considering I have a natural supply of granite, I think I'll do that instead. Will need more quarrymen then to keep up a really nice supply of granite, though. Fine by me.

Yeah I almost spent 2400 on granite to build a school when I realized I could substitute it with bricks. The help files tell you what goods you need, and their substitutions, which is real nice.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 22, 2016, 01:12:50 pm »

Heh heh heh, that's NOTHING.  I'm going to be training 4 more quarry men once my leather working and archery industries are running.  Going to need so much stone for walls.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 22, 2016, 01:15:29 pm »

Heh heh heh, that's NOTHING.  I'm going to be training 4 more quarry men once my leather working and archery industries are running.  Going to need so much stone for walls.

My economic goal is to become as self-sufficient as possible in terms of building materials. Just got my first basalt quarry... now I have to go back and make a tool factory to cut down on future training costs.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 22, 2016, 01:17:13 pm »

Unfortunately I lack iron so I'm on my own for tools. Fortunately I have gold so I'm set for money. Just need a smelter to refine the ore to up my bottom end.

Make sure you get your own charcoal furnace too.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 22, 2016, 01:21:44 pm »

Yeah I almost spent 2400 on granite to build a school when I realized I could substitute it with bricks. The help files tell you what goods you need, and their substitutions, which is real nice.
  Click on the construction materials in the action page, found above the list of events. It'll show you all the possible substitutes. 

On another note, so far, I've already started and sold off the tutorial domain and a new domain I changed my mind on.  I got free resources to liquidate on the 2nd domain. 
I looked at the rules page and nothing is said about abusing that.  Either way, I'm thinking of setting up a domain purely to chop some trees down for the quick bucks.... then liquidating it.

EDIT: And someone started a domain at one of my liquidated holdings..
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 01:26:01 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 22, 2016, 01:23:59 pm »

I can't remember if this question was asked here or on the main forums but I just figured it out.

Q: How do I release just one unit from a construction job without canceling the whole job? A: Go to the unit on the unit page and click the X next to the timer bar (it will even say "release this unit" when you hover).

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 22, 2016, 01:31:09 pm »

From what i can tell, at least for the few days (started 4 days ago), the limiting factor is not gold but workforce.
More precisely, i lacked gold for 1 or 2 days, then was able to secure stable income hunting (with simple settlers, not hunters) boars. which  allowed me to raise my general happiness to now 94%.

And i didn't need to cut  a single tree for that :D

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 22, 2016, 01:32:31 pm »

My economic goal is to become as self-sufficient as possible in terms of building materials. Just got my first basalt quarry... now I have to go back and make a tool factory to cut down on future training costs.
I'll probably never be completely self sufficient with construction materials.  Having 3-4 teams build huts and one team building houses and then another building industry.  I've been fine on stone but I've been buying so much wood.  I caused the inflation in the cypress and poplar market, up next is pine.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 22, 2016, 01:35:23 pm »

Is there an easy way to upgrade a building to improve the resources/stars that it uses? Or does it need to be dismantled and rebuilt?

I suppose the same question applies for units I've trained - is there a way to give them new/better tools?

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 22, 2016, 01:39:27 pm »

Is there an easy way to upgrade a building to improve the resources/stars that it uses? Or does it need to be dismantled and rebuilt?

I suppose the same question applies for units I've trained - is there a way to give them new/better tools?

i know you can replace tools in the manage unit screen (when it's idle).
I don't know for buildings

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 22, 2016, 01:44:32 pm »

If your workers are more skilled and you have better materials then you will probably increase the quality of the building when you upgrade it.  It's best to just put your A team on a building that you want to be high qual from the beginning.

Otherwise you need to tear them down and build a new one.  Just check to make sure it's going to be worth it.  If your current building is at 10% giving +3 quarrying and you can make a new one at 20% with +6, which is less than a level gives.  But if you go from 10% to over 50%, yeah that's worth it.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 22, 2016, 01:53:08 pm »

i've been doing the same (training a building team); but dont be too hasty, it doesn't change much for starting at least (i guess it will change once they level up, as their skills will improve)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 22, 2016, 01:58:53 pm »

I would wait to train a stone cutter for awhile.  You'll probably want one when you start doing walls, keeps and palaces.  With just houses and workshops they may save you an hour by adding to the project.

Edit: A basic build team is just a roofer and bricklayer.  A carpenter is usually less efficient than a roofer for quality, but can help out.  The rest of my teams are just going to be a roofer+layer.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:01:11 pm by Shooer »

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 22, 2016, 02:41:40 pm »

Ack, building huts takes forever. 7 hours for a single damn hut. I'd use a carpenter but I can't because they're still in training. I'd be training a bricklayer and roofer too but apparently you can only train one at a time.

You can train bricklayers at Brickyards. Would worth building a brickyard even if your not going to make bricks. Lots of units can be trained in industry buildings, its worth checking out the help for each.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 161