Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189299 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #451 on: December 21, 2016, 09:17:53 pm »

Don't worry about it frand.

Lots roads when you're planning the German Venice.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 21, 2016, 10:08:22 pm »

There are a lot of underdeveloped industries on Tetra that would yield massive profit if looked into. Like Lutherie, and Leatherworking. The gap between the actual material price and the market price is massive, due to the lack of supply and large demand.

Also I think a lot of people don't realize that there is a large NPC economy that is governed by NPCs who buy commodities for happiness. Even though lords probably wouldn't want to buy carrots for any reason, NPCs sure buy the hell out of them. Any commodity that is bought by NPCs for happiness is going to be pretty secure price wise.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 21, 2016, 10:15:02 pm »

How does one aqcuire roofing? Want to build a workshop, but that is the one material I don't have.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 21, 2016, 10:23:30 pm »

How does one aqcuire roofing? Want to build a workshop, but that is the one material I don't have.
Tiles, I believe.

Food is secure trade goods.  But you can mostly only make food in the far South... during this season anyways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 21, 2016, 10:50:39 pm »

What about goldworking? Any demand for stuff made out of gold? I mean, I'm selling the gold raw right now (along with the granite) but I'll see about diversifying my industry.

gold rings and necklaces go for hundreds of deniers.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 21, 2016, 11:21:43 pm »

I posted this on discord, but for future reference.

Windmills and similar that use mechanisms, still work even if you don't build them with mechanic parts. Like I saw a guys windmill without mechanisms, and it was still producing flour like normal. Mechanisms added probably add some type of bonus though

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 22, 2016, 12:17:59 am »

Just realized this but higher quality houses give a happiness bonus to units resting in them. So you are going to want one high quality house at least and leave your units in it while recovering.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 22, 2016, 12:25:04 am »

Just realized this but higher quality houses give a happiness bonus to units resting in them. So you are going to want one high quality house at least and leave your units in it while recovering.

REST!?!?

*cracks whip*

Keep working! MINE MORE GOLD! You lazy peons.

:P

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 22, 2016, 12:36:22 am »

Well, tomorrow (later today) I should get to train my carpenter/roofer/bricklayer necessary to seriously improve my housing industry. Then I can churn out houses like there's no tomorrow, keep training the new settlers, and get some serious industry going.

Why are saws so damn expensive? I'd make my own if I had iron dammit. Instead I'll just have to get my other settlement to produce wax, and artificially lower prices by flooding the market with cheap saws.

yeah, that is actually a good idea to do for my main domain as well. Really need to crank out houses. Need to train a carpenter/roofer and also a bricklayer. Right now I have a pretty big shortage on workers (only 10), and there is a lot to do, especially since its going to be a big gold mining area. Once the castle is finished, most of the settlers that aren't trained will either learn to be a profession or just work on houses. The more specialized workers can keep gathering stuff.

But only having 10 workers, in a rather large domain, is pretty limiting. Heck, 10 is limiting even in a small domain lol.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 22, 2016, 12:37:18 am »

What does quality actually do?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 22, 2016, 12:46:21 am »

Carpenters are for building huts, while bricklayers upgrade them to streets and then up to 10 houses. Have had my bricklayers going at the houses but my carpenter/roofer are going after the wooden castle. Not sure how quality effects wooden castles, but it is going to be around 50%, which is far higher than all my other buildings.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 22, 2016, 12:47:47 am »

Yeah I've just been taking a break from industry for the past 2 days and cranking out tons and tons of huts, aiming for 15 workers. School is finishing tomorrow so a carpenter/bricklayer combo should speed up this process hopefully.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 22, 2016, 01:12:33 am »

What does quality actually do?
Quality of anything affects it's bonuses/penalty.  At 0% bonuses are at 0 and negatives are doubled, at 50% they are at their normal value as seen in help, and at 100% they are double bonus and have no negative.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 22, 2016, 01:39:29 am »

Once my castle is done, gonna try to get at least a 20 sized workforce. My other domain (it was one I claimed, it had been abandoned) has 22 people in it and running things feels so much more smooth. Getting even more people in it too, once more houses are built. Its by far my most advanced area, but not really my main one. My domain (the main one) with gold, with only 10 people feels like I really need to focus on who does what. Which rather limits options. You can really feel the lack of people working.

Really as pointed out, gotta focus on houses more than anything. I would have still built the castle (SO much expansion with that), but early game you need a workforce or you won't progress at all.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 161