Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189201 times)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #330 on: December 20, 2016, 05:39:15 pm »

Holy shit this game is amazing, any type of emergent economic simulation is crack to me.

I started a shitty little town called Sollen in the northern hinterlands of Tetra, not much around me in my little valley but a volcano, although there is a huge forest to my north west. I dunno if I should stay and try to make money by selling sandstone and lumber, or try to find a better place. Leather seems lucrative too, but its value will probably go down now that hunting is a thing, and when winter is over northern lords will probably stockpile leather so we don't run into a glove scourge again.

This type of game fascinates me a lot, the possibilities are endless. I'm imagining huge wars between massive empires, once the political situation stabilizes as more people join the game and domains get developed.

I mostly play on mobile, which is a bit limited, this is the first time I've gone on the desktop version, so I'm gonna look around me for other domains, although I figure Tetra is rather underdeveloped as everything is much more expensive, then, say, Zaldor, which seems to have the cheapest prices.

I settled here (00722W:23375N) before I knew anything about what is valuable and how the economy works, is it worth keeping? I might try to find a better starting spot if I can't make a living there. I wanna try to move next to other B12ers as well, starting a little kingdom of Dorfs sounds fun.

Also a little while to my east on the coast is a huge domain called Hawkwood, I'm assuming that's the domain of nate.

EDIT: It's Blackwoods, my bad. Although I swear I saw a place called Hawkwood while zooming around on the map.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 05:41:54 pm by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 20, 2016, 05:48:27 pm »

Hawkwoods, that is me haha. I'm pretty far south of you though at 03717W:15433N

My role-play tickets are plastered everywhere though, you probably saw some of them.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 20, 2016, 06:00:03 pm »

How exactly do you game the market anyways? I figured if there were sell orders that were at a lower price than buy orders, they would sell automatically. I'm looking through the markets and a lot of finished goods have huge price gaps between what they are being offered for and what people want them for.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 20, 2016, 06:10:12 pm »

How exactly do you game the market anyways? I figured if there were sell orders that were at a lower price than buy orders, they would sell automatically. I'm looking through the markets and a lot of finished goods have huge price gaps between what they are being offered for and what people want them for.

Yep, and that gap is where there is a lot of money to be had. That how I've been churning out so much profit so quickly. Up to almost 400k gold on my 2nd day playing... Although being able to liquidate abandoned places and ensuring it is always my buy order that gets filled so I have all the goods to sell helps a lot.

Also, the market orders have to match quality levels as well as price to sell. So even if someone is selling something cheaper you can buy the more expensive higher quality item by dragging the quality bar to the level you want.

Really, you should of seen it before the gaps were even larger, and they have shrunk down to about half of what they used to be since yesterday.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 20, 2016, 06:11:52 pm »

What I mean is that they are being sold at a very high price, and bought at a very low price, so I can't make any money that way.

Also found a large conglomerate of domains 01013W:23552N
- Charles Babbage

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 20, 2016, 06:15:41 pm »

What I mean is that they are being sold at a very high price, and bought at a very low price, so I can't make any money that way.

Yes, the buy prices are low. Put a buy order in that is .01 higher than the highest buy order and eventually someone will sell you some. Then you put that up for sale at the sell price, which is vastly higher. Profit.

You need to get a feel for the goods first though, some things move faster than others. A good place to start would be bricks, ropes, and gloves.

Edit: If you don't want to wait for people to sell you stuff, which can take a while, it is much faster to begin to liquidate abandoned domains. This ensures a constant supply of cheap supplies.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 20, 2016, 06:19:17 pm »

Yes, the buy prices are low. Put a buy order in that is .01 higher than the highest buy order and eventually someone will sell you some. Then you put that up for sale at the sell price, which is vastly higher. Profit.

You need to get a feel for the goods first though, some things move faster than others. A good place to start would be bricks, ropes, and gloves.

Edit: If you don't want to wait for people to sell you stuff, which can take a while, it is much faster to begin to liquidate abandoned domains. This ensures a constant supply of cheap supplies.

Wow that's pretty ingenious.

Holy shit this game is amazing, any type of emergent economic simulation is crack to me.

I started a shitty little town called Sollen in the northern hinterlands of Tetra, not much around me in my little valley but a volcano, although there is a huge forest to my north west. I dunno if I should stay and try to make money by selling sandstone and lumber, or try to find a better place. Leather seems lucrative too, but its value will probably go down now that hunting is a thing, and when winter is over northern lords will probably stockpile leather so we don't run into a glove scourge again.

This type of game fascinates me a lot, the possibilities are endless. I'm imagining huge wars between massive empires, once the political situation stabilizes as more people join the game and domains get developed.

I mostly play on mobile, which is a bit limited, this is the first time I've gone on the desktop version, so I'm gonna look around me for other domains, although I figure Tetra is rather underdeveloped as everything is much more expensive, then, say, Zaldor, which seems to have the cheapest prices.

I settled here (00722W:23375N) before I knew anything about what is valuable and how the economy works, is it worth keeping? I might try to find a better starting spot if I can't make a living there. I wanna try to move next to other B12ers as well, starting a little kingdom of Dorfs sounds fun.

Also a little while to my east on the coast is a huge domain called Hawkwood, I'm assuming that's the domain of nate.

EDIT: It's Blackwoods, my bad. Although I swear I saw a place called Hawkwood while zooming around on the map.

Duude. Look to your east, right on the river. Go east until you hit the river, where it does down-right-down bit. Go just a bit north. That's me. Veere.

Oh cool!

Note that a little to our north west there is a rather large conglomerate of lordships and petty domains, ran by one player and his 2 heirs, and he seems to be rather aggressive in his vassalization of people around him.
- Charles Babbage

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 20, 2016, 06:36:53 pm »

Wait so do orders take time to process?

I sold 550 units of Oak, since as I was writing the sell order, someone put up an order of 50 for 9 cents more than the highest price. I'm trying to build a little capital to do some power trading with, but it seems I've only received the funds so far for the order of 50, not the 500 yet.
- Charles Babbage

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 20, 2016, 06:38:36 pm »

Wait so do orders take time to process?

I sold 550 units of Oak, since as I was writing the sell order, someone put up an order of 50 for 9 cents more than the highest price. I'm trying to build a little capital to do some power trading with, but it seems I've only received the funds so far for the order of 50, not the 500 yet.

Orders can be partially filled. So, someone sold 50 oak and your order of 500 has 450 units left to buy.

Edit: Eh, I had that backwards. You sold 50 of the 550 units of oak.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 20, 2016, 06:39:16 pm »

And.... I just cancelled the order and lost the other 500 oak. Wow. Well you learn through mistakes....  :'(
- Charles Babbage

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 20, 2016, 06:40:08 pm »

And.... I just cancelled the order and lost the other 500 oak. Wow. Well you learn through mistakes....  :'(

You shouldn't lose the oak when canceling, are you sure you lost it?

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 20, 2016, 06:42:24 pm »

Yeah I have no oak now and only 700 gold.
- Charles Babbage

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 20, 2016, 06:44:44 pm »

That cant be right.

The goods dont even leave your stock when you place an order. The goods only come out your stock as people fill the order.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 20, 2016, 06:46:31 pm »

I spotted an abandoned domain near you, Vivalas, at 00647W:23671N

You should be able to take your lord over to the center there and claim it. That'll give you some seed money once you demolish everything and liquidate/launder the money over.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 20, 2016, 06:46:40 pm »

Shows up in my stock but with a dash by it, is this a bug?

EDIT: This is weird since I remember having 1100 units of oak before I even put up the order for 550.
- Charles Babbage

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 161