Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189204 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #315 on: December 20, 2016, 11:47:25 am »

Being the bastard I am, I went and looked for an iron mine, not satisfied with the 97% tin deposit.   
Mostly cause I could do everything with just Iron.   Why would I even want to bother with inferior material?

Its 80% quality iron ore, so reckon that is good stuff for selling?
Tin is actually worth more per unit than iron.  Iron just probably moves faster.

That quality dons't really matter, not until you have a high level miner, metallurgist, and so on to work it.  The quality of items/land just increase it's bonuses.  So that deposit will just come out at a higher quality because the deposit gives a few more bonus points to mining.  The bonus isn't that great compared to a high level miner.

The high quality is great but you are just going to output iron and tin at roughly the same quality of everyone else with level 1-3 miners.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 20, 2016, 12:04:55 pm »

Quality of goods seems to average out in the stockpile I think?

So if you have a lot of trees, meaning 302 trees and more to come as I expand, do you think its best to chop down all the low quality ones. I noticed my wood cutters harvesting low quality also - they dont just focus on the good stuff auto. Im thinking to get rid of the low qualities sell off crap stock and that should bring up the quality?

Edit:
Just tested this. Starting stockpile 19x43q Fir. Chopped down 55x3q Fir. Final stock 74x37q.
The 3q chopped didnt drop the pile a huge amount since my 20 skill cutter brought the q up to nearer medium but the final pile q was reduced by the crap tree still. So in my case where I have trees ranging from 95q to 3q I think its best to get rid of the crap stock so my auto harvest focuses on the better stuff. I wonder if it grows back at the same q, or its independent of location.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 12:52:00 pm by Crowe~ »

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 20, 2016, 12:44:05 pm »

Always build the market square ASAP. +100 or so expansion points for minimal cost.

Great tip.

Also, yeah, try not to use tired people.

The construction time bonus is not linear, so you get massively diminished returns as-is, and with a tired guy... You're just screwing your quality and time further.

Never use more than 2-3 guys on a job.

Personally, I never use more than 1 on a job.

Great advice. Construction time is one of the most precious resources in the game. I know I majorly stunted my early growth by tossing all my people, half tired, onto one new project. Wait till your workers are at or close to 100% and spread them out to multiple projects. Makes a huge difference.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 20, 2016, 12:45:34 pm »

I think I'm going to write him back and call him a cur and a dastard for threatening a lady.

Teach me how to diplomacy

The Boeuf does not suffer bullying!
Love, scriver~

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 20, 2016, 02:24:51 pm »

Just wait, your lord puts his money into his domain(s) the same time people get payed/pay their taxes.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 20, 2016, 03:40:16 pm »

Being the bastard I am, I went and looked for an iron mine, not satisfied with the 97% tin deposit.   
Mostly cause I could do everything with just Iron.   Why would I even want to bother with inferior material?

Its 80% quality iron ore, so reckon that is good stuff for selling?
Tin is actually worth more per unit than iron.  Iron just probably moves faster.

That quality dons't really matter, not until you have a high level miner, metallurgist, and so on to work it.  The quality of items/land just increase it's bonuses.  So that deposit will just come out at a higher quality because the deposit gives a few more bonus points to mining.  The bonus isn't that great compared to a high level miner.

The high quality is great but you are just going to output iron and tin at roughly the same quality of everyone else with level 1-3 miners.
So it means with high enough skill, I'll eventually get quality 100% iron ore?  or iron / iron products down the line? 

And yes, I saw that Tin is worth more on the market.  But it is used in far fewer products that I care about getting into.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 20, 2016, 03:44:37 pm »

Must...resist...temptation...to play...liquidation...game...

Must...sleep...

*liquidate* *liquidate*

Guys, I'm addicted, help! My treasury balance is happy, but I can't sleep.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 20, 2016, 03:53:39 pm »

well, I am trying to settle but my terrible internet is making it hard.
maps takes forever to load and the closest 2 levels never load. Plus, I have no idea how to check nearby domains for activities and all I see is an ioncredibly crowded land.
edit: found a place on the coast of tetra with high quality Limestone and trees... not quite good, but it might work.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:59:13 pm by andrea »

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 20, 2016, 04:20:38 pm »

maps takes forever to load and the closest 2 levels never load. Plus, I have no idea how to check nearby domains for activities and all I see is an ioncredibly crowded land.
edit: found a place on the coast of tetra with high quality Limestone and trees... not quite good, but it might work.

All I can suggest is take your time and find a nice spot before settling. It is a lot better to take your time on that than pulling the trigger too early and finding out you need to move.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 20, 2016, 04:39:54 pm »

Why is it so hard to find excellent quality tools or iron on the market??  :(

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 20, 2016, 04:46:15 pm »

Probably most of them are kept by the people who make them for their own use. A lot of the tools on the market are from liquidated newbie domains, that is why they are such low quality. I know this because I've moved thousands of them on the market already. Not sure who is buying them all up, but they seem to be in demand despite the low quality.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 20, 2016, 05:08:30 pm »

For liquidation: You can check by seeing if the lord/lady is in the domain or not, going through all the random people within the domain. 
If not there, checking the area log to see when the last activity was.  Last activity 14 days if it doesn't have more then the 4 tutorial huts.  37 days if it is built up more then that.

If good, move in and go to the double shield tabs to declare mastery over the domain.

Could also help look if we know what you are looking for.

Give me a week or five to start producing/selling mid-high quality iron stuff.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 20, 2016, 05:26:22 pm »

All that money on my monarch, none of it in my city. So damn frustrating. Well, at least in 2 hours I'll have funds to buy things. Like pickaxes, and sand. Then I'll extend more roads to get access to the river bank, which will give me sand pits and the necessary sand to build things. Picks will help me train a quarry worker, meaning granite. Then I can start building more houses and some actual chains of things.

Also that gold mine.

Next time you can use my money laundering method. Instead of liquidating with all the funds in the domain, buy something expensive from your main domain then sell it back super cheap. The tax on trading is a lot lower than the 50% loss from liquidation too. I like to use high quality woods to do this, you can sell them for 200-400 per m3 to the domain your liquidating and then buy them back for 5-10 each.

As an added bonus, you don't have to wait till midnight for the money to kick over as well.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 20, 2016, 05:31:15 pm »

110k!!! Someone's been busy...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 20, 2016, 05:35:31 pm »

well, I ran out of sand.
tutorial isn't finished yet, cann't figure out trading, and it seems all I can do is build huts and houses until I finish the tutorial. Which I can't do because I built houses rather than huts.

I am terrible at this game...

edit: also, I have this annoying problem in which when I zoon all the way in,in some places,  I am brought to a location 1000+ Tiles/coords to the west. That makes many areas of the map inaccessible to me.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 05:43:24 pm by andrea »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 161