Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189231 times)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #390 on: December 21, 2016, 10:21:57 am »

Everybody who hadn't seen it should look up the portrait of the guy called Art Vandelay, it's great.
I almost ended up giving Art just some random portrait after clicking through them for a while... and then that one came up and it was too perfect :D

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 21, 2016, 10:35:06 am »

How do you take 1 person off a project?  I stuck multiple people on a project and I want to strip some off to do something else, or are they stuck until it's done?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 21, 2016, 10:36:17 am »

My settlement is located at (02179W:25098N), on northern Error. Any tips on what I should do? I know it's probably the worst place I could've settled, but I'm sticking to it because I like the spot lore-wise.

My current goal is to finish my castle, which is why there's like 6 people hammering on it even though all of you suggested otherwise. I'm also trying to connect the northern limestone deposits, meadows and salt marshes to my infrastructure so I can breed some of the cows and hens I found and get a quarry going. Not sure how salt fields work, but I'll try to do some shit with them too.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 21, 2016, 10:43:59 am »

How do you take 1 person off a project?  I stuck multiple people on a project and I want to strip some off to do something else, or are they stuck until it's done?

If you select the person you want to remove, you should see them highlighted on the work order below for construct "insert the building/project here" if you left click on them, you should see their stats pop up, and a little x that says 'release this unit'

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 21, 2016, 10:52:23 am »

Is it winter or did we all settle in a frozen wasteland on purpose?  :-\
Either way, I have founded Vanessland @02280x24726, a land of frozen plains and equally frozen forests.

So how do I make some babies? Proper lordly babies I mean.
Also
Pro Zak is the goddess of serenity and non-violence
I see what they did there  ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:06:10 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 21, 2016, 11:05:13 am »

I wanted to try it but everywhere I look is already full so I can't place my settlement :/

A shame because the map is very big but most of it is water.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 21, 2016, 11:17:29 am »

The map might look full, but it really isn't. A majority of domains are abandoned or semi-abandoned. About a third have dead lords already, and their domains are waiting to be liquidated. Another third are the ones who haven't died yet, but since they built for a few days they are somewhere in the 30 day process before they are killed off. And the final third are ones who are active.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 21, 2016, 11:58:37 am »

Is it winter or did we all settle in a frozen wasteland on purpose?  :-\
Either way, I have founded Vanessland @02280x24726, a land of frozen plains and equally frozen forests.

So how do I make some babies? Proper lordly babies I mean.
Also
Pro Zak is the goddess of serenity and non-violence
I see what they did there  ;D

RE: Winter - Yes, game time follows the regular seasons, so it's going to be cold the next few months, unless you've settled in the deep south!
RE: Makin' babies - If you go to your House page ( I usually get to this from my character page) You should see the option after 24hrs to add another character. They're randomly generated, so if you don't like them it'll change in another day or so.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 21, 2016, 12:18:01 pm »

Is it normal that timers are jumping all over the place?

- Construct 4 huts, remaining time 5 hours
- Go to sleep
- Wake up 6 hours later, check LoL after breakfast
- Remaining build time 2 hours
- What.

Similar stuff has happened more then once. Is that because of changing moods of my peasants?
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 21, 2016, 12:33:08 pm »

I have to say. This kind of game looks to be right up my alleyway. Any suggestions where I should start or settle? I don't want to be in the ass end of nowhere away from everyone else after all, but I also want to have some room to expand. Plus being nearby people who can help out if needed is important to.

So? Any ideas?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 21, 2016, 12:40:16 pm »

I have to say. This kind of game looks to be right up my alleyway. Any suggestions where I should start or settle? I don't want to be in the ass end of nowhere away from everyone else after all, but I also want to have some room to expand. Plus being nearby people who can help out if needed is important to.

So? Any ideas?

being far away from other peeps ain't so bad as it gives you room to grow, and you can avoid any larger folks with spears.

Have a think on what sort of industries interest you. There are a lot!

If you want to farm right away you'll want to stick with the southern region (It's winter for the next few IRL months and the north will be well below the 5 degree cutoff for harvesting.)

Look about the map and see what empty plots are available. Take a look at domains too though! Many are abandoned and the lords are dead, they'll have a black line in the left hand corner. If they've been dead for over 7 days you can claim it as your own. This can be a good way to get money by liquidating or getting a head start with preconstructed buildings.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 21, 2016, 12:56:54 pm »

a lot of bay12ers around the Zaldor Island area--both on the island proper and Tetra
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 21, 2016, 12:58:08 pm »

Where is that on the map? I don't see any labels for the different areas.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 21, 2016, 01:05:17 pm »

Where is that on the map? I don't see any labels for the different areas.

The main continent is Tetra. In the middle of the map are the two largest islands, Zaldor and Error. Zaldor is the southernmost one--Zaldor is basically full, but there are plenty of places around the bay area that are good starts. Error is not quite as densely populated.

EDIT: I saw a labelled map somewhere once, but I don't remember--will post if found.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 21, 2016, 01:15:02 pm »

There is also a number of is in the south.  One group on the peninsula in the very south-west and another just north-east of the peninsula.

The games search feature is powerful.  Look for either Hawkwood or Flunkendudle if you want to be in the south west.  Search for Zaldor if you want to join them in the north on one of the islands.

Also know that when you make your first character and before you settle your first domain you can instant your move actions with your lord.  So you can teleport where ever you want.

Edit: Also if you want to get into ANY agriculture (grain growing, vegetable gardening, cloth making, animal breeding) you will want to be in the south right now.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 161