Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189235 times)

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #375 on: December 21, 2016, 01:14:48 am »

I've noticed that the farmer will do this a lot. If you have all the fields seeded except one, and he has sowing and harvesting activated, he'll still go to the fields that are already seeded and check to see if they are harvest-able yet, instead of seeding the last field that needs it.

In other news, while starting up liquidations again just before I liquidated my first village of the day, I noticed they had some super seriously high quality trees. So I bought 60 axes and turned all the settlers into woodcutters. Now they are felling 6 100+% quality acres of ancient oak. Going to take a while but I'll be nabbing 1500+ 75%+ quality oak!

This is something you'd never do if you were going to live there long term. I feel like some evil clear-cutting-maniac.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 21, 2016, 01:22:13 am »

My issue is that they move multiple times without harvesting. It's really rather frustrating.
That way lies madness.   If your domain does not cover a forest, don't bother having a dedicated lumberjack and just manually harvest those trees when you are on. 
Or you could use the lumberjack for other things, then they'll go back to wandering between trees when they have nothing better to do.

In the forums, that thread says that they move from location to location and not all places have wood available for harvest. 
Something I noticed in my own first domain, most my trees were not harvestable['young'] and there were only 15 or so tree tiles, so the wanker wandered around aimlessly from tree to tree.

EDIT: Also came here to complain about being inducted into some random 'Merchant Order'.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 21, 2016, 01:34:06 am »

Being put in an 'Order' is a good thing! Those are basically the game's ranking system. Merchant is obviously for doing enough trades. Once you've been successful your title will be fun long thanks to all the Orders you'll belong to! Also hit edit on your character, you can equip your shiny new medal.  :D

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 21, 2016, 05:35:00 am »

Travelling around, liquidating settlements, I saw a recently abandonned Lordship at 02815, 25344. It will be claimable in 4 days. I think I found my Xmas gift if no one conquers it before.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 21, 2016, 06:08:12 am »

I find myself torn between liquidating settlements and penning the continuing chronicles of House Hawkwood.  It has been a while sense I wrote anything creative and I find myself enjoying it immensely.

I've found a decent role-player nearby with a size-able dominion. I've already tentatively agreed to be his vassal once I've grown a bit more. Others around are more worryingly silent to my missives, and there is also a decent sized french speaking group nearby I worry about.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 21, 2016, 06:10:01 am »

Everybody who hadn't seen it should look up the portrait of the guy called Art Vandelay, it's great.
Love, scriver~

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 21, 2016, 07:03:45 am »

I have started playing yesterday. On western Error following the advice. Well, it's cold and tutorial is misleading thanks to that. Fortunately I have found some cows I'm going to try to breed. Just after 1 day I see what bad location I have choosen. And the guy to north west of me, who started today, seriously hampered my expansion possibilities.
02238W:24735N

edit: autosell is just bullshit, it has sold some of my starting stuff without me even noticing overnight
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:26:46 am by lastverb »

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 21, 2016, 07:40:31 am »

I've noticed that the farmer will do this a lot. If you have all the fields seeded except one, and he has sowing and harvesting activated, he'll still go to the fields that are already seeded and check to see if they are harvest-able yet, instead of seeding the last field that needs it.

In other news, while starting up liquidations again just before I liquidated my first village of the day, I noticed they had some super seriously high quality trees. So I bought 60 axes and turned all the settlers into woodcutters. Now they are felling 6 100+% quality acres of ancient oak. Going to take a while but I'll be nabbing 1500+ 75%+ quality oak!

This is something you'd never do if you were going to live there long term. I feel like some evil clear-cutting-maniac.
But why ? those are never (or in years according to the game speed) going to grow back ...
To me "liquidating" is fine as you're not hurting the world, but what you're now doing is just vandalism ... you like the Huns hordes to me !

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 21, 2016, 07:50:36 am »

But why ? those are never (or in years according to the game speed) going to grow back ...
To me "liquidating" is fine as you're not hurting the world, but what you're now doing is just vandalism ... you like the Huns hordes to me !

High quality woods seem to fetch high prices. Simple math dictates the greed centers of my brain activate and chop them all down! For Gold!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 21, 2016, 07:52:45 am »

Its also better in the long term (for established players). Less high quality wood around = less competition in the future.

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 21, 2016, 08:24:49 am »

High quality woods seem to fetch high prices. Simple math dictates the greed centers of my brain activate and chop them all down! For Gold!

To each his own, but you do not look like you need any money considering you've been liquidating all along

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #386 on: December 21, 2016, 08:41:51 am »

I wanted to start but can't find a good starting position. Best I can do is copper and we're way before electrical wires will be a thing.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 21, 2016, 09:09:35 am »

I've got locations to one for Excellent quality Salt and one for Excellent Tin(has access to Lead and a Ruby mine within expansion range), if interested.

And liquidation is very lucrative.  Already putting high quality gear on my settlers and I still havn't built my 2nd house.  (Don't have tutorial bonus anymore, cause I restarted a few times.)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:12:41 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 21, 2016, 09:52:35 am »

My long-term goal is to make high quality bricks. Should I focus from the very beginning on building, say, high-quality rudimentary tilers? Or does the quality of my previous buildings not matter and all I really need to make sure of is that I build a high-quality three-kiln tilery somewhere down the road? Does the quality of the building even affect the quality of the good produced?

BTW if you want to see a cool-looking town with a red keep then do a search for Boreales. He's the top brick maker in the land currently and has a lot of nice production happening.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 21, 2016, 10:01:38 am »

My long-term goal is to make high quality bricks. Should I focus from the very beginning on building, say, high-quality rudimentary tilers? Or does the quality of my previous buildings not matter and all I really need to make sure of is that I build a high-quality three-kiln tilery somewhere down the road? Does the quality of the building even affect the quality of the good produced?

BTW if you want to see a cool-looking town with a red keep then do a search for Boreales. He's the top brick maker in the land currently and has a lot of nice production happening.

You can increase the quality of buildings by upgrading them with higher quality materials and build them with higher level roofers et al.
and yes quality of building affects quality of goods produced, as well of the skill level of your production guy, and the quality of his tools.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 161