Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189034 times)

Friend Computer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2016, 03:23:16 am »

This looks very interesting, but I'm a little bit lost as to how I should progress after the tutorial. Right now I found an area where I could build a trapper's hut so I'm doing that... is there something I need to get done immediately? The tutorial said to start farming, but judging by the temperatures that doesn't seem like a good idea.

At this point, trappers huts are rather useless, I would focus instead on building huts for increasing pop, building a school and exploiting local natural resources. If you have any mineral deposits or good quality stone they might be good things to start with. Training some woodcutters will also make your life much easier.
Hey Bay12ers, we have a Land of Lords Discord chat, come on in and visit today! https://discord.gg/53f3mEX

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2016, 04:19:02 am »

One of our new members, Ariel Alurae aka Kazagarth here on the forums, has settled "Error" and needs other Bay12ers to settle near him. His settlements cords are 02269W:24752N. If anyone is interested in braving the cold north, the area has a number of inactive settlements we have been working on opening up for Bay12er habitation.

For whatever it's worth, I settled relatively near there, just a bit to the south (02225W:24642N). 

I'm only a day in though, and have made a few missteps as I figure things out (built a barn and a field cos tutorial, built a trapper hut cos it was there, lost some resources cancelling actions when I changed my mind, etc). 

I've got a woodcutter set up harvesting ancient spruces though, and a limestone quarry about to be up and running (training a quarryman first).  I'll probably try to get a 2nd woodcutter to go harvest a larch forest.  And as soon as I can I'm building a school (not enough bricks or lime atm, but hopefully not for too long).  Also found some cows, unsure whether to sell those or try and get cow breeding & butchery up and running.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2016, 06:35:56 am »

Just got my second character and ability to make a second domain... So before doing that I had her run around to a few abandoned domains nearby, claiming them and then selling most goods at floor price.

A few, resources though have buy orders near the floor but sell for a lot in Tetra. Those I had my main domain put a buy order .01 above the highest buy order at the time and sold them from the abandoned domain to the main one. Then I had my main domain sell those at just below the lowest sell price. This netted my main domain a nice profit of gold coins!

Once I was done selling off all the resources I had my second character liquidate the claimed domain which put half the remaining gold into her personal funds...

I repeated this again at the other nearby abandoned domain. Altogether my main domain netted about 8000 gold and my second character should start out with just under 14,000 when she creates her domain! This will be a decent starting boost I think.

Edit: Apparently I did better than I thought I did. I forgot about the 24 wagons I had got for 50 gold apiece. Which then sold for 499, each! So my first domain netted over 20k gold coins in total. I think this is probably the most profitable thing I could of done as a new player just starting out. Too bad I couldn't find anymore abandoned domains nearby!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 07:24:44 am by nate9090 »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2016, 07:32:58 am »

This looks cool.

Wat do?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2016, 07:56:54 am »

Shooer (Tor Flunk) and TTHSK (Twelvehammer) are located at 3250W:1650N in the south with nate and Empty located to their west. I'm (Undermantle) located at 2500W:1600N and I placed my first expansion closer to them at 2850W:1625N. A very cursory glance of the area doesn't show all that many large players. If there are a few warm weather dwarves looking for a place to settle perhaps we can create a loose cluster of cooperation in this far-flung southern region.

I say this while noting that we really shouldn't all be settling too close together since, from what I can see, it's possible to eventually control a very large area.

Question. Besides making your units happy, is there equipment you can buy (that doesn't come in the starter pack of resources) that will speed up the construction process of huts?

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 08:11:54 am by Datgum »

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2016, 08:16:12 am »

Looks interesting.
I have not played a game like this ever since I quit Imperium Nova a few years back.

I've started up the Elysian Estate, located at 03459W:23633N
Character is Cyroth Ferel.

Not much metal in my area, but there are sources of 4* quality river, plains and ancient spruces and firs in my territory.
And there is some 3* marbe and a large 4* meadow nearby that I'll grab as soon as I can expand.

Guess I'll go with an industry that thrives on selling beer, leather and lutes. With some other artsy stuff thrown in for the lulz.
Basically Bards"R"Us or something.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2016, 09:06:49 am »

Does anyone know how fishing works? I can't seem to build anything on coast tiles.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2016, 09:07:27 am »

I'm really like their 'ticket' system for role playing in-game events. It can be tied to a place, or character. Also it is separate for each of your characters so they could have different thoughts about the same event.

Although I'm not sure how I feel about having a ranking system based on people giving you 'thumbs up' on your blurbs. I feel like that could be exploited by groups of friends just writing cheap pieces and thumbing up everything each one of them posts for the rank points?

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2016, 09:37:28 am »

Just started, anyone near 03739W:16076N?

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2016, 09:47:50 am »

Just started, anyone near 03739W:16076N?

Not exactly beside each other, but I'm across the bay. My second settlement is at 03739W:16076N which I intend to turn into a nice port town.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2016, 10:32:21 am »

Decided yesterday to give this a try, so far relatively impressed. It has been quite a while since I've found something that I've genuinely have any real interest in. Settled at 1785 W: 22427 N but I'll be able to claim/found a new domain very soon, so I'm willing to do so a bit closer to others.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2016, 10:39:17 am »

/snip. Once I was done selling off all the resources...

Your becoming a regular market marker, what with yesterday's rope and today. Already your Domain has 19k, nice work.  8)
I made a measly ~700 from selling a bit of wood so far in my shanty peasant town. My folk cant even buy food for themselves yet, better up my game...

How can you tell which are abandoned? I think I read somewhere they have to be inactive for some time before any claim can be made?
There's a few around me that look abandoned but I dont want to start a war of pitchforks & starved peasants with my neighbor...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2016, 11:02:46 am »

Go to their domain screen and check the lord/lady - if they're dead, you're good to go: just walk/ride your lord over to their town square and claim ownership.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:22:43 am by AlStar »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2016, 11:27:56 am »

Can you eat harvested hemp and linen? So far those are the only seeds I see on market. Or can you plant Turnips and Cabbages straight from the food product?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2016, 11:33:54 am »

Don't worry about having food in your stocks.  Check the health and happiness page in the help under units.

Linen and hemp are used for paper, clothing and hemp can also be used for ropes.  They grow the same way as other grains.  Plough some fields next to a barn, wait 7 days, then harvest. 
Vegetables are simpler.  Make a garden, train a Gardner, either make a well or buy water, then just keep making more vegetables every hour.
Fruit trees.... take months soooooo.....  probably going to be worth it someday.

Of course this is only worth it if you are far south, looks like there's a chance I might not be south enough for awhile.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 161