Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 189009 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2016, 11:51:22 am »

I set up a bit from Kazargaratggathgath on the Error Island because I liked the name. Not sure what to do now, but I'm waiting for a barn to be built. Settling screen said there was iron, but I can't find any, not sure if I have to discover it somehow though.

Name of my House is Front-de-Boeuf and the settlement is Mont Boeuf (Boeuf Better!).
Love, scriver~

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2016, 11:59:35 am »

So money is still pretty tight but I've got a woodcutter, 2 mines and a limestone quarry going. I've heard that you make more money turning the iron ore and limestone into lime and iron, but looking at the prices it seems they're worth an extremely tiny amount per unit. I'm assuming they're probably able to be mass produced from iron ore which is the reason for the low sales price, but just wondering is it worth it to start branching off into those industries for early income? Second question, I have a heir now who I've just sent exploring, and noticed you can make another domain from them. I'm guessing you can't really transfer resources to and from them, so what is the point of having a second domain? Can you vassalize and tax them for more income to your main domain?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2016, 12:06:33 pm »

@Scriver,

metal can be hard to find--generally it looks like slightly darkened ground. Also don't worry bout food, selling ore and metal is also great profit.

EDIT: 03361W:24464N an example of a copper field (and my growing hamlet.) Put it into the coordinate bar at the top of the map screen.

@Cheedows,

metal industry is a great boon to any domain. Resource-wise, it's a big deal if you can produce everything you need. Especially iron. Because iron can be used for stuff like nails, tools, and war equipment.

Cant transfer resources between domains, no. As domains get larger and the feudal system begins to develop, secondary domains can be used to lock up resources for the kingdom. You don't get the newbie bonus when making secondary and tertiary domains though.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2016, 12:07:13 pm »

Your situation is almost completely identical to me Cheedows. Lol

Does anyone know how the automation works on woodcutters?
I put mine on auto harvesting cedar before bed but it seemed like they hadn't moved to a new spot to harvest more.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2016, 12:10:16 pm »

Automation is weird.

So basically, as I understand it--if a woodcutter is on a tree that can be harvested it will do that when the harvesting algorithm updates (hourly apparently) then there's a 7 day cooldown on that tile, so it will move to a new tile and harvest that.

Something like that.

Also harvesting will get you a small sum of wood at the tradeoff of not destroying the tile, while tree felling will get you a whole lot more, but destroy the wood resource on the tile.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2016, 12:25:34 pm »

@Scriver,

metal can be hard to find--generally it looks like slightly darkened ground. Also don't worry bout food, selling ore and metal is also great profit.

EDIT: 03361W:24464N an example of a copper field (and my growing hamlet.) Put it into the coordinate bar at the top of the map screen.

I found my ore by looking around some more. Unfortunately, it turns out it is super low quality. Oh well.
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2016, 12:32:59 pm »

in the beginning though its much more important to expand your manpower pool (in the form of hut/house building) than to worry about quality. You can increase the quality of any building by upgrading it with better materials (so I hear.)

The ore is still important--metal is metal. You're at an advantage if you can produce your own materials instead of relying on imports.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2016, 12:54:07 pm »

I'm trying to make a butcher's shop to process the boar meat that I'm gathering, but find I am unable to do so... It's odd - the only requirement appears to be boar meat (of which I've got 35 kg) - but it's got a red exclamation mark and it's telling me that 'some resources are missing'. The help file just tells me that I need pork and/or boar meat to make a butcher - doesn't give any kind of numbers.

Any ideas?

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2016, 01:10:23 pm »

Did you try clicking the square with the exclamation mark? You maybe have a different meat than boar selected by default?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2016, 01:28:27 pm »

is the peasant at all tired? That'll stop you from building and also give you that flag.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2016, 02:07:08 pm »

Lunaris! I am here.

I don't really care about optimal choices and stuff. Minmaxing stresses me out, sooo... Yeah.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2016, 02:36:47 pm »

While I can only imagine that the $earned/effort/hour taking over abandoned domains must not work out once you've got a decent town economy running (otherwise there wouldn't be any empty domains to take over), it's definitely the way to go early on - my town has made a couple hundred dollars selling wood and other basic materials, while my lord has managed to grab about $12k by taking over and liquidating empty holdings.  Good call nate9090!

And those are just newbie holdings - I see a holding that looks like it actually had some play time on it nearby, which I might actually just take over and run concurrently, since it appears to be more advanced than my own town.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2016, 03:07:50 pm »

I found a spot about an hours travel away with a multitude of abandoned domains...all lined up and ready for the taking, seemingly for over a month. I regret having my lord help build that school now, haha. At least it'll be done soon and I'm going to head over there and 'profiteer' all the loot...

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2016, 03:13:57 pm »

Have none of these abandoned domains been turned into vassals? The only two that I've found were vassals to large nearby Lordships and thus based on how I read the help files it didn't seem like I would be able to liquidate them. 

There is definitely a lot of merit to the nate method. Getting that first 15k so you can keep your units happy is huge.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2016, 03:21:29 pm »

How exactly do I get a woodcutter or miner? DO I need to build a school? If so, where do I find that?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 161