Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.  (Read 20893 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 06:20:24 pm »

Trump is startled when Mirella first walks into his room, initially trying to defend himself "It was self defense!  He-" Trump points at the ruined pile of gore that was once the brown man "-punched me!  I had to defend myself, he was a strong puncher, just unbelievable!" Trump turns and glances at the terrified mook for a moment "You saw it all, you'll back me up, right?  Yeah, he'll back me up, it was self-defense, I was absolutely justified!  That crazy monster would have gone for my good buddy there too, I saved him!"

Afterward, Trump just sort of follows Mirella out, perfectly fine with leaving the mook in the ruined room.  He doesn't say anything more, simply cleaning himself up and then waiting for the explanation to come.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 06:49:39 pm »

Ash follows Mirella into the lounge, and a look of confusion flashes over her face.

"How did you know about the voices in my head?"

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 07:10:19 pm »

As Father Gerald:

"I too, salute the Divinity within you." I greet the messenger with a low solemn bow. The girl thought she was telling us what we needed to hear. She will yet realize the truth and Know God, even as she is known.

I cleanse myself with water,  Sanctified I rise from the grave into glory. I don the vestments of my new life and enter the lounge where the other ascended ones gather.

"Blessings on you all!" I declare heartily. "I AM THAT I AM".
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 07:50:12 pm »

Thank ya kindly, mam. Do tell though, what hell am I? I mean did some running back in high school, but I was moving a hell of a lot faster than that. What happened?

Smith will accept the clothes and put them on.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 10:02:04 pm »

Mirella stood as they all arrived, most were obviously shaken. Mirella thought back to her own time as a fledgling, knowing how difficult this all was for them.

'Firstly I want to let you know what has happened to you. You are vampires, embraced into the eternal life. You awoke from the first death, and hopefully you can keep alive long enough to avoid the final death.'

Mirella holds eye contact with all the fledglings in turn, and includes Spoonicus in this gesture.

'Our prince has deemed you all worthy of unlife. To walk this planet as a being of true power. You must, however, adhere to the six traditions, as the penalty for breaking them, particularly for ones so young as yourselves, is final death.'

Mirella continues pacing as she speaks, hoping to keep their attention, hoping they understand the importance of her words. This information is life or death.

'The tradition of masquerade. Hide the existence of vampires from mortals.
The tradition of domain. A kindred's hunting ground is his own territory, and he rules it absolutely. You are kindly allowed in our prince's domain with his permission. You do not yet have territory of your own.
The tradition of progeny. Sire new fledglings only with permission of one's elders, in this care the prince.
The tradition of accounting. Until childer are released, their actions are the responsibility of their sire. Our prince is odd in this fashion, he has requested that new fledglings be birthed into his service. As such you shall not learn from your sire but from me. I will be very disappointed if you break these laws, as it is a reflection on me.
The tradition of hospitality. Honor the domains of others, and present oneself to the ruler of any domain you visit.
The tradition of destruction. The right to kill Kindred is reserved for the Elder of a community. Only an elder may call a Blood Hunt. This, of course, is held in exception when a fledglings are concerned. You are not considered part of our community and your lives are still held within my power.'

Mirella smiled her motherly smile at the fledglings.

'This being said, I want only what is best for you and will help you to achieve whatever goals you set out for. I am to integrate you into our community.'

Mirella goes on to explain how clans work. There are more than three clans, she explains, but the dominant cultures of this domain are Brujah, Ventrue and Malkavian. Mirella details disciplines, explains how they work.

'So as you can see, Smith, you are a Brujah. This is the reason for your exceptional speed. I am Malkavian, and I happen to be adept with Auspex. That is how I can know your names. You will each have powers you are strong in. You will discover them with time.'

'If you have any questions, you may now bring them to my attention.' Mirella addreses everyone. She hopes they all take the news well.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2016, 10:35:51 pm »

"That still doesn't - wait, what do you mean about Auspex? Is that how you know about the voices? What are they? Can you hear them? Can I hear them? Should I be able to hear them? Ash's mind rages as each question unearths more, she's not even waiting to hear answers at this point.
Ash makes a willpower roll to keep from breaking down in confusion. ((She is literally minutes old. She has no idea what's going on or what should be going on. So yeah, she's almost destabilized.)) In retrospect, she currently doesn't know how to resist the personality change yet.
Ash grimaces as if in pain and grabs the sides of her head. She shuts her eyes... And relaxes. When her eyes open again, they are colorless, the iris mostly black with flecks of white. "Hello. My name is Ash Alpine. May I please have your names?"
Ash gets everyone talking and not possibly trying to kill her.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:10:39 pm by Rautherdir »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2016, 10:51:54 pm »

Well then. Morgan's reaction to all this is probably going to get her killed, which is a thing that I don't want to happen, so divine intervention!
Ocean rolls to Divinely Intervene (1d6): [5]

Morgan sits quietly and listens.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2016, 11:29:51 pm »

Nikolai takes a moment to digest this information. He mutters to himself in Russian for a few moments, then seems to accept it.

"I have no questions, other than what we should call you now. "Mistress"? "Lady Mirella"?"

((Decided to add a glow to my text to differentiate from Ash))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2016, 01:25:47 am »

"Fair Goddess of the All Seeing Eye, hear thou my inquiries:

First, What land is this? Who rules here? Who are the prominent persons in his counsel? Where does the Prince hold court and Elysium? ((Father Gerald is an occultist with vampire background, and has points in those areas))

Second, are there factions and threats that we should be aware of? Are there places where we must thread lightly? Are there beings that share the night or that might move to threaten our rule?

Thirdly, how may we serve Our Prince and Kindred in ascending towards greater power and glory?"
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2016, 05:25:07 pm »

"Did you hear that, Spoonicus? We're worthy of undeath. We really are powerful, we've ascended mortality itself!" Cesar giggles madly for a few seconds before reverting to a stone-faced look in an unsettling amount of time. Powerful we may be, but that is even more reason for some to oppose us. Humans don't like it when their pariahs become the important ones Sir Cesar, keep that in mind. At this voice that nobody else hears, Cesar nods slowly.

"I have a question, Milwaukee. Do you like Spoonicus?"
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2016, 05:40:24 pm »

Smith's mouth quirks up into a smile when she mentions his exceptional speed. Though internally he's still a little worried about what the hell happened when he woke up.

Now, uh pardon me mam but, how exactly would we gain our own little homestead?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2016, 09:01:22 pm »

Trump initially listens boredly, but as Mirella goes on his brows furrow deeper into anger.  After she finishes, he does manage to stay quiet for several seconds as his peers inundate Mirella with questions, but eventually his control breaks and he abruptly stands up.  "Excuse me miss, but I don't like your tone.  Why do you, and this 'prince' think you can boss around the President of the United States?!  This country doesn't have kings, we elect our leaders fairly, and the people chose me!  I won everywhere, but I've never even heard of this prince he's such a loser, and you!  What did you do, you didn't do anything, you left and got lost while I was being betrayed by those out-of-control morons, who I stopped from killing a priest, by the way, but you, you did nothing!  You don't even have leadership experience, you don't know how things work, look at how you're doing here, it's clear you can't lead, you don't have the smarts, but me?  I'm very smart, very very smart, I have leadership--I'm rich, because I'm a leader, a tough leader, who is fair to his people and strong enough not to be fought against, I have so much experience I'm leading AMERICA because America's people voted for me, even the vampires!  Vampires have rights, they can vote, and I won in every category, I won with the vampires even before being a vampire, that's how much of a leader I am.  I can't believe this, some wacko woman thinks she's a better leader than me, because some 'prince' thinks she's hot, it's unbelievable."

Uhh, contrary to the content of that speech, Trump's spending a blood point to use Presence level 3 on Mirella.  Unconsciously, but still.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2016, 11:05:55 pm »

"That still doesn't - wait, what do you mean about Auspex? Is that how you know about the voices? What are they? Can you hear them? Can I hear them? Should I be able to hear them? Ash's mind rages as each question unearths more, she's not even waiting to hear answers at this point.

Ash grimaces as if in pain and grabs the sides of her head. She shuts her eyes... And relaxes. When her eyes open again, they are colorless, the iris mostly black with flecks of white. "Hello. My name is Ash Alpine. May I please have your names?"
Ash gets everyone talking and not possibly trying to kill her.

Mirella can see the sudden, drastic change in Ash’s aura. ‘It is good to meet your Ash. To answer other Ash’s questions, Auspex can help me see your aura, it can catch your emotions and at times fleeting thoughts. I cannot hear the others living in your head, and yes, you should be able to hear them. Embrace your uniqueness as a childe of the clan of Malkav. He lives in our minds, the madness speaks truths to you as it does to me.’ Mirella smiles. ‘You will comfort her won’t you? I think I panicked her.’

Morgan sits quietly and listens.

Mirella watches but can see Morgan is distressed. ‘You must know I’m not here to harm you but to help you grow. It is not my law but theirs, and not me who will kill you if you disobey but them. You are my fledglings and I will help you in any way I can.’

Nikolai takes a moment to digest this information. He mutters to himself in Russian for a few moments, then seems to accept it.

"I have no questions, other than what we should call you now. "Mistress"? "Lady Mirella"?"

‘Should you choose to accept me as your teacher, Matron would be appropriate, as I am to take the role of a parent to you. I hope to help you grow strong, Nikolai.’

"Fair Goddess of the All Seeing Eye, hear thou my inquiries:

First, What land is this? Who rules here? Who are the prominent persons in his counsel? Where does the Prince hold court and Elysium?

Second, are there factions and threats that we should be aware of? Are there places where we must thread lightly? Are there beings that share the night or that might move to threaten our rule?

Thirdly, how may we serve Our Prince and Kindred in ascending towards greater power and glory?"

‘You live now as fledglings of Cardiff in South Wales. Prince Malachor rules this domain, it covers most of South Wales. You shall meet him and his primogen in good time, and should you survive to become neonates, that is to say you can be trusted not to kill everything you see and behave yourself in the presence of the prince and his court, you may serve him.’
Mirella is happy to know someone has knowledge of this world that was so recently thrust upon her.
‘This is the old Coal Exchange building. A historical monument it has now been abandoned by the humans, but it sits in the bay area and is of great convenience to us as the night life of Cardiff is so close. There is tension brewing with Prince Anatida who holds Northern Wales as his domain, he has been pressing into the south, and out prince is not happy about this. As it is until you can control yourselves in public you reside here at the hatchery. Outside that door is a domain filled with powerful vampires, well controlled by our prince. For now you may serve him by learning, growing, and getting to know the other fledglings here, as you will be working with them.’

"Did you hear that, Spoonicus? We're worthy of undeath. We really are powerful, we've ascended mortality itself!" Cesar giggles madly for a few seconds before reverting to a stone-faced look in an unsettling amount of time. Powerful we may be, but that is even more reason for some to oppose us. Humans don't like it when their pariahs become the important ones Sir Cesar, keep that in mind. At this voice that nobody else hears, Cesar nods slowly.

"I have a question, Milwaukee. Do you like Spoonicus?"
Mirella’s eyes soften once more at Cesar. Seeing a Malkavian tapping into their clan’s madness for the first time is a beautiful sight. So strange, she never seemed to have such mad thoughts, she came out of it unscathed by the clan curse. It must be her inherent power. ‘You must understand, Sir Cesar, that Count Spoonicus has chosen you to guide. He hasn’t chosen me, therefore I cannot hear his speech. I know that he will be there for you and guide you well, I encourage you to heed what he has to say.’

Smith's mouth quirks up into a smile when she mentions his exceptional speed. Though internally he's still a little worried about what the hell happened when he woke up.

Now, uh pardon me mam but, how exactly would we gain our own little homestead?

‘Once the prince deems you worthy he may allot you a domain within his land. Only the prince can decide this. I am so proud that you have found your power already, it’s a strong advantage and shows you to be a promising fledgling.’

Trump initially listens boredly, but as Mirella goes on his brows furrow deeper into anger.  After she finishes, he does manage to stay quiet for several seconds as his peers inundate Mirella with questions, but eventually his control breaks and he abruptly stands up.  "Excuse me miss, but I don't like your tone.  Why do you, and this 'prince' think you can boss around the President of the United States?!  This country doesn't have kings, we elect our leaders fairly, and the people chose me!  I won everywhere, but I've never even heard of this prince he's such a loser, and you!  What did you do, you didn't do anything, you left and got lost while I was being betrayed by those out-of-control morons, who I stopped from killing a priest, by the way, but you, you did nothing!  You don't even have leadership experience, you don't know how things work, look at how you're doing here, it's clear you can't lead, you don't have the smarts, but me?  I'm very smart, very very smart, I have leadership--I'm rich, because I'm a leader, a tough leader, who is fair to his people and strong enough not to be fought against, I have so much experience I'm leading AMERICA because America's people voted for me, even the vampires!  Vampires have rights, they can vote, and I won in every category, I won with the vampires even before being a vampire, that's how much of a leader I am.  I can't believe this, some wacko woman thinks she's a better leader than me, because some 'prince' thinks she's hot, it's unbelievable."

Uhh, contrary to the content of that speech, Trump's spending a blood point to use Presence level 3 on Mirella.  Unconsciously, but still.

Trump rolls three successes to use Presence. Mirella does not succeed in resisting.
Mirella feels the power of presence, but this does little to change her stance here. She already wishes the world for her fledglings. ‘I appologise profusely Mr. President. I want only what is best for you here. You are a vampire now. Vampires have ruled over humans since the dawn of the earth.  You are greater than you have ever been and you were chosen because my prince can see you are a winner, like myself. He has for us a place in his court in time, of course, but by virtue of being a vampire you are inherently better than any human president could ever be. You must see that this is a gift.’ Mirella is somewhat visibly shaken by his rage. She slowly realizes the power he has used over her, but it doesn’t help to shake it. ‘Nonetheless, Mr. President, you have power unimaginable now. People will worship the ground you walk on, as your already spellbinding presence is now amplified by your vampire power. Now, all desire to serve you when you use your power of presence.’

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2016, 11:23:37 pm »

Trump smiles smugly, satisfied with Mirella's reaction "Of course, of course.  You just didn't know how quick I'd get control of myself, huh?  Well, I'm tough, not just some child.  This prince is such a dummy, thinking he can boss around the president of the United States.  I know Wales, I've done business here, made a lot of money, but these people aren't so tough, they know America's stronger than them.  That's why he brought me here, isn't it?  He needs a real businessman to close the deal with this anty-die guy.  I'll show him how good I am at dealmaking, he'll know how tough America is."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2016, 11:32:20 pm »

Morgan is still mostly frozen due to Divine Intervention, but this will start to wear off.
[1]
Very soon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15