Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.  (Read 20853 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Kindred: Mission one. The generation is born.
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2016, 11:33:11 pm »

At hearing Mirella can't hear Count Spoonicus, Cesar frowns and looks genuinely sad. He whispers something unintelligable to Spoonicus and then looks back at Mirella before slowly turning to face Trump.
"Y-You're the President of the United States?! You must speak with Count Spoonicus, you can do dealings and things that world leaders do!" Cesar grins like a child on Christmas morning while gesturing towards the silver spoon in his left hand. "H-He's the Count of the Dinner Table!" Yes, let me converse with the President. It may be an unexpected appointment, but I can always make exceptions for President Trump.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2016, 12:37:58 am »

"I'm satisfied. When do we begin, great mother?"
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2016, 07:50:05 am »

"I'm sure the others have explained what's going on. I would have preferred a certain other of the personalities take control first, but she gave control to the vampire. Yes, I would be able to hear them as long as I'm quiet. Now, as to what 'President' Trump is saying. I'm not the right person to talk about this, but if you never heard of this prince before now, then he succeeded. If I understand the Masquerade correctly, vampires are not allowed to reveal themselves to the world at large. Matron, as to you panicking the other Ash, from what I could tell she panicked herself." Ash finishes talking to the others and mutters under her breath, "Lyssha should've been in control."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 01:35:41 pm »

Alright, well then, let's prove ourselves and get a bit of a homestead. Where do we start?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2016, 02:08:26 pm »

[color=red]"Of course матрона, I welcome your tutelage."[/color]

((матрона=matron))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2016, 06:53:32 pm »

Trump smiles smugly, satisfied with Mirella's reaction "Of course, of course.  You just didn't know how quick I'd get control of myself, huh?  Well, I'm tough, not just some child.  This prince is such a dummy, thinking he can boss around the president of the United States.  I know Wales, I've done business here, made a lot of money, but these people aren't so tough, they know America's stronger than them.  That's why he brought me here, isn't it?  He needs a real businessman to close the deal with this anty-die guy.  I'll show him how good I am at dealmaking, he'll know how tough America is."

‘That’s… Perhaps close enough.’ Trump would have irritated Mirella but the aftereffects of his Presence lingered and so she didn’t mind his narcissistic rambling. She, after all, knew she was the real power in the room, and she knew the prince had spotted that right away. That’s why he made her matron of this brood of hatchlings, he could trust her, and knew her power. ‘We will get you weapons you can use.’

Morgan is still mostly frozen due to Divine Intervention, but this will start to wear off.
[1]
Very soon.

Mirella cautiously watches Morgan, she can see the swirl of emotion occurring in her aura but she seems outwardly calm. ‘You do not like this, do you? You are provided with unlife eternal and power beyond your imaginings and you cannot appreciate that?’

At hearing Mirella can't hear Count Spoonicus, Cesar frowns and looks genuinely sad. He whispers something unintelligable to Spoonicus and then looks back at Mirella before slowly turning to face Trump.
"Y-You're the President of the United States?! You must speak with Count Spoonicus, you can do dealings and things that world leaders do!" Cesar grins like a child on Christmas morning while gesturing towards the silver spoon in his left hand. "H-He's the Count of the Dinner Table!" Yes, let me converse with the President. It may be an unexpected appointment, but I can always make exceptions for President Trump.

‘Spoonicus is your guide, dear Cesar. None others can hear him, even Trump.’ Mirella looks to Spoonicus. ‘And though I can’t hear you, my dear Count, I do appreciate your presence and guidance of my Cesar.

"I'm satisfied. When do we begin, great mother?"

‘Now, I take you out to the armoury. You’ll meet Serge, and he’ll set you up with some basic gear. Those of you who are ready will learn to hunt.’ Mirella knows that the ultimate hunger a vampire feels will not yet be under their control. The moment they see a human again, they may simply lose control of their senses. They must be taught to resist this urge in a controlled environment.

"I'm sure the others have explained what's going on. I would have preferred a certain other of the personalities take control first, but she gave control to the vampire. Yes, I would be able to hear them as long as I'm quiet. Now, as to what 'President' Trump is saying. I'm not the right person to talk about this, but if you never heard of this prince before now, then he succeeded. If I understand the Masquerade correctly, vampires are not allowed to reveal themselves to the world at large. Matron, as to you panicking the other Ash, from what I could tell she panicked herself." Ash finishes talking to the others and mutters under her breath, "Lyssha should've been in control."

‘That is the curse of your condition, unfortunately, my dear. You may not choose who is in control or when. You may only work with what you have. Don’t think you won’t be useful though, you have great importance as part of the whole being that is Ash.’

Alright, well then, let's prove ourselves and get a bit of a homestead. Where do we start?

‘First you must be armed. Then you must learn self-control. The beast within you thinks only of food, and constantly so.  If you can control it, then you may begin work for our prince.’

"Of course матрона, I welcome your tutelage."

((матрона=matron))

Of course. If you will move with me, I will introduce you to Serge. He will help to arm you.

Mirella had a skip in her step as she turned to the door. She will have everyone follow her out of the room and down an elaborately decorated corridor with beautiful vases, carved ceilings and seemingly ancient artwork decorating the walls. This place seems ancient, a perfectly preserved portrait of the past, yet it is lively and buzzing with activities. The corridor opens into a lounge dotted by old couches, a few vampires sit around, most are curious at the presence of the fledglings, some sneering to themselves. A group of brujah in the corner seem to be taking a wager of some kind. Mirella leads the team up to a counter at one end, it may have once been a bar but has since been converted.

‘Serge, I have your next victims.’ Mirella grins as she speaks to the man behind the counter.
Serge is at least 7 foot tall, and is an imposing figure with broad, muscled shoulders and a shaved head. A serpent tattoo snakes its way across his shoulders and up the back of his neck, the head resting on his bald head. In spite his intimidating figure, the man smiles warmly at the fledglings as they approach.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2016, 07:12:41 pm »

"Привет, товарищ. I'm sure we will get very well acquainted. Now to business. Before being turned, I used a VSS Vintorez. However, I doubt you have such a weapon in stock. Do you have anything similar? I would need 2 mags of regular ammunition and 2 of armor piercing. In addition, I would like a Mk.23 SD and the same kind of mags. Along with an armored vest and a phone."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2016, 07:24:03 pm »

My weapons are not carnal, but mighty. Men may come against me with the sword, the spear and the javelin. But I go forth in the name of the LORD of Hosts.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2016, 10:08:34 pm »

Trump makes use of fluid time shenanigans to respond to Cesar, dismissively saying "Yeah, I make deals all the time, with all the world leaders, all the powerful ones.  I'm too busy right now though, have the Count call me sometime, arrange an appointment with my secretary.  She's a wonderful woman, just amazing, talk to her, she'll get something going."  He then turns away, letting Mirella talk to Cesar.

Trump walks confidently up to Serge, saying "What a tremendous man, you look tough, a real scrapper!  Very impressive, not so many of you vampires are losers, I had thought you were all like those moron Cullens, but no, you're real winners.  Give me something small, something I can hide in my suit, maybe a knife too?  You're the gun guy, you'll figure something out."

Despite that vauge statement, I would like exactly the items listed on my sheet.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2016, 12:11:22 am »

Cesar is slightly unnerved by how easily Trump evades speaking with the Count. Despite this, he follows the matron along the whole time as if he had known her for years. Once"Spoonicus, what should we get? I feel like we're going to be shot at a lot.. it doesn't feel nice." After the explanation of how this man would be dealing firearms and such for the fledglings, Spoonicus spoke up. We need something to discreet but strong enough to fell a mighty beast that may close in, tell him that Cesar. Mention armor of some sort as well. Cesar nods slightly, "Okay."

"Singapore.. or was it Serge..? Yes.. that's him." Cesar cleared his throat and looked Serge in the eyes. "Spoonicus says I should take something concealable and deadly, something that could fell a horibble beast in a shot or three.. and maybe something to keep lead out of my chest too. A knife as a backup would be perfect, oh and.."

Cesar goes on, purchasing all that is on his character sheet
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2016, 03:01:10 am »

Mirella cautiously watches Morgan, she can see the swirl of emotion occurring in her aura but she seems outwardly calm. ‘You do not like this, do you? You are provided with unlife eternal and power beyond your imaginings and you cannot appreciate that?’

Morgan glares at Mirella with annoyance.
"I was kind of looking forward to that normal life of mine, thank you. Mortals get plenty of time and power for me."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2016, 09:54:44 am »

Ash walks up to Serge, "Hello, my name is Ash, do you have a paper with everything you have in stock and their prices? Can I borrow it? And Mirella, do we start with a certain amount of money? I know some of us have their own weapons... sorry, I lost track of where I was going with that question. So yeah, are we getting money?" ((Because these questions make sense.))

After getting answers to that question and probably a paper with items and prices, Ash walks over to Morgan and puts a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry you feel that way. But if you simply refuse the gift you were given, you won't have a chance to find out how to use it. Your eyes have been opened to a world you have most likely never even considered possible. This world would have been there either way, whether your eyes were opened or not. You now have a chance to choose your destiny with a clearer sight than before. So tell me, what was your destiny going to be before your eyes were opened?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2016, 04:42:46 pm »

Looks like we're doing an obstacle course or something first, so;
Trenchcoat, Light vest, M1911 with two mags, sawn-off with two buckshot shells, knife. M1911 isn't permanent, I just want it in case we're forced into combat in this first bit. I want a ranged weapon for that.

After getting answers to that question and probably a paper with items and prices, Ash walks over to Morgan and puts a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry you feel that way. But if you simply refuse the gift you were given, you won't have a chance to find out how to use it. Your eyes have been opened to a world you have most likely never even considered possible. This world would have been there either way, whether your eyes were opened or not. You now have a chance to choose your destiny with a clearer sight than before. So tell me, what was your destiny going to be before your eyes were opened?"
Morgan sighs.
"Well, you know. Was going to join the military, probably end up a lieutenant at the least. Would have been fun, you know. Commanding Grunts, shooting bad dudes, a glorious death battling the enemies of the US.
Would have been nice to at least see my family again, but I suspect that these asshole illuminati vampires think that's against the rules."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2016, 04:52:52 pm »

"Nice? We're vampires now. We can live indefinitely. You don't want to see your family again, if you do, you're going to have to live with the knowledge that you will outlive them. In my opinion it's better to cut the ties to your past now. We are your family now. And as for your dreams of joining the military? Commanding other soldiers, killing enemies, you can still do that. It's just that now the dying part is going to be a lot more difficult."

Ash purchases these items:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This leaves her with $50. ((I was going to do a conversation between all of the personalities. And that would have taken a while. So I didn't.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15