Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Kindred, The Next Generation: a VtM/R based game - Accepting 1-2 more characters  (Read 7116 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

((Looks like everyone's ready, except for DarkArtemisFowl.  I sent him a PM, but we should probably just start.))

Since I noticed two of our people spent all of their funds on weapons, I'm gonna spend some of Trump's money on clothing them.  Note that this should be treated as them starting with more, and not Trump actually donating.  If either person wants to refuse (Rauth, due to insanity?), that's fine.  I'm just guessing you two don't want to spend our first mission naked.

MidnightJaguar gets a First Aid Kit, Clothes, a mag for his Mk.14, and 15 bullets for his Bulldog.  $425

Rautherdir gets clothes, and a concealable knife.  $200

Trump has only one bandage now; can't afford all that if he has two.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

Smith will accept.

thank ya kindly mister president. I'll be sure to pay you back, once I get some money to my name..
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:26:38 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

((Dialogue has been edited to reflect smiths awareness of this.))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whilst I love the introduction, the first minutes of mission one will be the first minutes of you as a vampire. You will need to roleplay through and live your first minutes and that has not happened yet.

I'll have to wait for Sialia to confirm what's happening before -

Note that this should be treated as them starting with more, and not Trump actually donating.

((He's not exactly the selfless sort.))

Oh, we start with that much more, not get given it immediately after starting? If that's the case, Ash will get the clothes. (Pre-vampire Ash was not the sort to have a concealable knife. She had a greatsword, she had no need for a knife.)

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DarkArtemisFowl messaged me stating that he and his friend are both making characters and that his friend is still waiting for account approval. Unfortunately with him we are already over player capacity as I have 8 when I wanted 7. I am not willing to make another exception because a clunky, slow game can ruin it for everyone. I simply cannot take two, however I will allow one of them to join if they so wish and otherwise they can waitlist.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Waitlisting. Will make a character sheet soon.

I allowed myself to be put into the active characters because I thought DarkArtemisFowl's friend had already been put into the active characters. I actually see three ways this could go.
1. I go into waitlist, everyone waits for DarkArtemisFowl and friend to post character sheets, the game starts with 8 players, and I join in later.
2. Me and DarkArtemisFowl stay as active players, we start with 8 players and once one of the characters die DarkArtemisFowl's friend joins in.
3. I stay in, DarkArtemisFowl and his friend are in the waitlist, we start with 7 players, and once one of the characters die both of them enter in together.
Also, Sialia could see how bad it is doing turns with 8 people, and if Sialia thinks he can handle 9 people then whoever is in the waitlist can join in.

I am perfectly fine being put into a waitlist, the choice between the above three can be made by DarkAremisFowl and his friend

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Regardless, with most of you ready, I will begin getting everything together for the mission today. Please bear with me as I make the transition to another thread as seamless as possible because I want us all not to have to refer back to this thread every time we need to know what a discipline or weapon does.

If DarkArtemisFowl is ready by the time I am done with that I will add in his character :)
Please note I will not put anyone else here onto waitlist, you guys have been responsive, patient and interactive with me and those are traits I want to encourage.

Thank you all for your patience with this exhorbitant character creation system.

(Also I added in Trump's purchases for the others)

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DarkArtemisFowl and his friend have both chosen to wait list. They have been very gracious about it. :)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They really shouldn't have to worry about waiting that long. I read Inquisition, I'm pretty sure team-killing will still be a thing a certain person does. That and one of my character's personality fragments has no sense of self-preservation. I'll be surprised if the first death wasn't caused by Reckless Ash's actions.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:) I hope you enjoyed reading Inquisition. Mirella will be joining you in mission one as the party's handler.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You may see Mirella's character sheet on the list of characters but I will be playing her as I would an NPC and she will not interfere with party choices. Only provide direction to them.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:) I hope you enjoyed reading Inquisition. Mirella will be joining you in mission one as the party's handler.

It was fun watching the mission spiral completely out of control within the first few turns and become completely unrecoverable within in-game-time hours.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

the first two missions were rather interesting too, but the third was probably the most eventful. I got really salty with how the first mission ended for my character, but I got over it.

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No offense to your character Matthew but Nikolai is more fun to watch as a GM. :) He really has a fleshed out personality and almost has a mind of his own.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6