Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185742 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2190 on: June 30, 2018, 07:13:16 pm »

I choose option 1. And propose sending a rat cat to see what is behind door number 4.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: June 30, 2018, 08:08:06 pm »

Okay, sure, let's send some zombies against the assassins. At the very least it'll be funny until they come and tear us apart. I guess it would still be funny after, really.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: July 01, 2018, 12:18:37 am »

hmmm, why not both? and send a rat (better the rat than our cat) to analyze hall 4
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: July 01, 2018, 03:19:53 am »

I believe that we only have the one rage zed razed, but there are corpses down the second corridor we could raid?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: July 01, 2018, 05:04:31 pm »

I'm going to send this rage-infected zombie towards the assassins.
There is a small, shocked silence as you state this. Different types of shock, of course. Hal and the mousy girl were looking at you like you just shit in their cereal, open mouth, minor scowl, squinted eyes. It's pretty funny, all things considered, especially when the shock goes over to minor confused twitches as they mull the situation over. The gunslinger and Yunikki look on with a strange look of bemusement. A hard to describe little smile, that gradually shows more teeth as it slowly grinds over in a smirk, as the look to the hallway out the corner of their eyes. Sucy, however...
Well, her head is tilted back as her hair seems to move in a non-existent breeze, her smile going ear to ear as she raises her hands slightly, as if holding an invisible log of sorts. You hear a vague, raspy wheeze of pure joy coming from her at the idea.
Wow, that's terrifying! You say with a smile, as you send your zombie down the hallway. You keep an eye on the thing for just a moment, but when it gets too dark to see you just tell it too keep going and attack whatever it can reach. No need to double your vision to see absolutely nothing. You also send out a rat in hallway four, just so you've got that out of the way, at least. After a few moments, though, you feel some mana returning to you. Seems like they killed the zombieyou sent in hallway three. You hear something resembling screams coming from the hallway, too, so...
Yes, blood is also highly infectuous, if it gets in the eyes. And considering your kind has about eight of them, and these fellas were fighting an unusually resilient drider themselves in melee...
Sucy laughs in delight as she stares at the hallway, her many sharp teeth glinting in the artificial light. Sometimes you really worry about her, but at least she's on your side.

Well, the rat isn't experiencing much resistance down the hallway. It's even fairly well-lit, in this instance. After a few moments of running, you eventually hear somebody. Well, the rat does, you don't hear anything at all. A heated argument between two driders, currently hiding behind a serious-looking barricade, both holding fairly large weapons. Similar to the ones in the room you're currently in. Looks like this would have been a fairly ordinary defence, though the cramped hallway probably would have been a lot of trouble. Both the guards seem on edge...
Despite the hefty entry, there doesn't seem to be anything else in this room. Whether its traps, or they just decided that these guns would be enough is hard to tell. Regardless, at least you know what's ahead.

Is she still with us? the gunslinger asks, looking at you. You decide against moving, as you're trying to catch what the guards are saying. You're not exactly a pro at lipreading, but maybe...
Yeah, she tends to zone out a little when she's zombiewatching.
Especially when I'm trying to focus, so hush! You say, still keeping you attention on the flapping of drider gums. Still, you eventually decide you're not getting any information out of them through this. Oh well.
The hallway just went quiet. I think the fighting's over.
Anybody who feels up to check out the dark tunnel that is now filled with rage-zombies or just regular angry assassins?
The crew looks at each-other uncomfortably. Nobody' slooking forward to what follows.

Where to now, hotshot?

Hallway 1
Hanzers with guns. Superior numbers, to be sure.

Hallway 2
Empty hallway, apart from a selection of zombies. And a small minefield to the path ahead. You can make a temporary detour to collect some samples, but that doesn't count as a proper direction

Hallway 3
Assassins? Rage-zombies? Splatches of blood, and footprints in the direction of a door marked with "civilian and orphanage storage, so not send rage zombie in"? Who knows, at this point.

Hallway 4
Two driders with really big, automatic weaponry.

Hallway 5
Shadowrunners went that way...

Retreat

Let the others retreat, do it alone.
Absolute madman option, right here.

Other

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 05:22:38 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: July 01, 2018, 05:17:30 pm »

Number 4. Two shouldn't be too hard when we already know their setup. Especially if we Alpha them...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: July 02, 2018, 02:39:40 am »

4: but try diplomacy, with rats, ideally rats falling from the ceiling at a dramatic- huh, actually, we have smoke, and can probably grab a zombie or two, and rats can climb well, so maybe they can spot for us from above, and those weapons need to reload sooner-or-later? Definitely check the roof first though. But a cloud of smoke, the sound of something expendable shuffling around, maybe crawling with shoes on its hands to avoid being bisected by stray fire at hip height, then when they reload or overheat or something a pile of rats fall on their heads, then a drider-of-unusual-size barges through the smoke and into them, nearly lifts their front halve off the ground using one giant-mutant-claw arm and one brute-determination arm, and are then politely informed that they may serve in life or with death...

I dunno. I guess I just feel kind of sorry for these kids...
Read the First Post!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: July 02, 2018, 05:33:08 am »

We ought to consider mercy... But give them none. We are also a Drider; we know from experience that at a drop of a hat things can get ugly. Let's get the drop on them.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: July 02, 2018, 04:15:34 pm »

We can go again on the ceilling of hallway 4, smash them

but first a detour on hallway 2 before samples get dry or whatever

does the cat still see in the dark properly? or at least enough so we can send our familiar to check what is happening on hallway 3?

that description on hallway 3 already made me worry about our action
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: July 02, 2018, 04:20:34 pm »

Sucy liked it, and that's what really matters here~

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: July 02, 2018, 04:30:02 pm »

When sucy likes a idea I think we have the moral obligation to go the opposite way  :P

Anyway

when starting the combat we could yell for the driders to drop their weapons and accept surrender
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 04:33:14 pm by omada »
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: July 02, 2018, 05:26:54 pm »

Hallway four. THer's only two driders with heavy guns that way. If we find a way around them, we're golden.
Heavy guns, aimed at a hallway with no cover? , The gunslinger says warily, No wonder they don't have anything extra, it's entirely unneeded.
That's why we've got rats. I figure dropping it on them should distract them enough for me to move in.
How are you going to do that? Rats are capable creatures, but they can't cling to walls or anything.
Good point. Well, I can use some smoke to get them to fire. They have to stop firing at some point, right?
I could infect the rats with this rage virus, too, if you want to spread this wildfire of a problem.
Let's not.
As soon as they're distracted, we kill them?
Maybe. There's only two, we could try some "diplomacy".
Prisoners, turncoats, or using them before you just shoot them in the head?
We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
You get to do the actual catching, then.
You just shrug your shoulders and start walking. You've got a little time and distance to mull over how you're going to do this. Ultimately, if you really wanted the ceiling plan, you would have to use the kids, and you've been keeping them on your body, with the relative safety of your hair. Better to use the expendable rats, first. Eventually, you reach the corner, and you can vaguely hear the continuing conversation between the two driders. They sound quite young, actually.

Look, it's clear they're going to the weak point, that being the zombies. So I can leave now, and START getting people evacuated. The queen wants that blue bitch so bad, good for her, but that doesn't mean we aughta fight off the entire god-damned city until we capture her!
Look, if she's willing to risk her OWN life to get that lady, it has to be something good. You know how we work, if we mutate enough...
To hell with that! If people mutated all the time, wouldn't WE look a bit more different? Look at us, Stu! We're basic rank-and-file. This "mutation" bullshit is just propaganda to push that fucking superiority narrative. Here's my question, why are WE hiding from the dwarves, then? Huh!? Where are our cities and monuments! We got fucking stagnant because we just considerd ourselves so fucking great!
Gary, if the Queen's guard was here, they'd shoot you dead.
But they're NOT here, are they!? No, they left the two of us behind to guard an empty hallway, until the cops burst in from behind and splatter our fucking brains over the wall! His voice cracks a bit as he yells.
Well, internal politics are interesting, but you've got stuff to do. You send out your little horde, and a healthy helping of noxious gas. The thick gas instantly causes the two to start firing their automatic guns, and you realize how lucky your were to not be standing there as the solid metal walls bend and chip from the raging assault of bullets impacting the wall. Then you hear some confused screaming as the rats reach them. The amount of bullets dies down a little, but it doesn't let up. Then it stops.
Gary! I'm out, cover me!
THESE FUCKING RATS ARE KILLING ME, HELP! HELP!
Some more swearing, and a solid second of nothing firing is enough. You rush forward, maximum speed. You even accidentally end up running up the wall a little, but consider that you're a spider it isn't as debilitating as it would be for others. You hear a yelp of surprise as your cursed arm grabs the throat of the one on the left. Unfortunately, the other one is too far away to grab, but...

HANDS ON YOUR HEAD, OR LOSE IT! You scream, with enough ferocity to cause both of the driders there to scream in terror. You're out of their guns' effective range, though. They don't look like they swivel inwards. Your revolver, however, isn't quite so limited. The drider complies, and the one you've got grappled is currently crying. Also, currently getting strangled, but you just drop him when it's clear they won't start anything. Well, you lower him so he can breathe, you're not dumb enough to outright let GO of your captive.
It's clear! I got them both!
...That was easy. you hear a female voice say. Ah, ye of little faith and stature. You DO get the feeling that you got kind of lucky, though. You also note that you lost about seven rats in the struggle. Most looked like they were crushed, some were skewered by the legs of the drider. A stark reminder if just how strong driders seem to be. Even if these ones aren't nearly as dangerous as most, almost as if they're supposed to be more 'elite mooks' instead of a 'boss-level creature'. But that's a little too meta. At any rate, you just made two hostages.
Surprisingly.

What do you actually DO with these two crying young people?

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Minions (yeah, yeah, i forgot to count your rat horde)

Skills and spells

I should not have allowed you to use rats without consequence.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: July 02, 2018, 07:03:52 pm »

"Elite mooks"? More like scrub mobs who just so happen to be holding large guns.

...This would be a fine time to use Pride if it weren't a very bad idea to use that power in nearly all circumstances. Why did you guys pick this.

Mercy. These ones are young and don't deserve to take a bullet or parasitic leech to the head. Doesn't earn a bonus, but it's still the right thing.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: July 02, 2018, 07:27:39 pm »

Because the time when we need pride, there is no substitute.  Right now we're doing fine, so anything would do.

I'd turn these guys, except for the friendly-fire concerns.  Pump them for info, take their guns, and claim them as prisoners.. we can lock them in a closet somewhere until the battle's over.  I don't know if we're big enough to carry one of their guns, but that would be amazing if we could do so.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: July 02, 2018, 07:39:33 pm »

Can't think of any situations requiring a Pride that couldn't also be solved more ethically and more deliciously by biting the fuck out of it with gluttony.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 216