Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185086 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #2370 on: August 16, 2018, 06:48:50 pm »

They're not more valuable than our life or the lives of our friends.  I'm in favor of killing people who break into our house and drug our friends as part of their experiments.

And really, the alternative to the cookbook is.. having to carry some rations.  It's a reasonable price.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 06:52:19 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: August 16, 2018, 06:53:18 pm »

Oh look at that we just ran out of patience. Decapitate. Probably burn the body.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: August 17, 2018, 01:02:01 pm »

Teeth for teeth

drug her and give her a beating for her to feel when she wakes up
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: August 19, 2018, 11:23:25 am »

I've made the official decision to stop trying to keep up the schedule. I'll just start updating normally starting from 20th of august due to some re-exams.
I mentioned this in the fallout story, but I haven't explained my absence here, I just remembered.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: August 20, 2018, 08:17:48 am »

Updates are on again, hopefully. Sorry for the long delay, especially with the halved update rate.

That won't be needed, Hal.
Yes, yes. Put the pointy bits away, if you would? You'll hurt somebody.
You cough politely as you step closer to the good doctor, while Hal slowly lowers his crossbow. He doesn't exactly enter a rest position, just aims in a way that would be a non-lethal shot if it were to "accidentally" go off. When you get very close, you take a close look at the smug, serene expression of "Francine".
Then you punch her in the stomach, lifting her up just a moment, spiderbody and all.  You hear the distinct crack of a shattered rib as the air is pushed out of her lungs entirely, causing her to give a distinct gurgling noise as he tries to breathe in and fails. You then grab her head with your massive arm, and send it downward against the floor. She's out cold after that one, because of some exceptional restraint on your part (not really, it won't cost a point). You then look through her coat and find the needles that he likely used on your friends. You jam one of those in her chest and push the plunger down. If it needs to be in a vein you don't particularly care.
...Huh.
I'm not killing her yet, though she's really pushing my patience with what she did. Sucy, can you get to work on waking Meandra and her father?
Just put them to bed. It'll wear off on its own... Though I'm guessing a concussion isn't going to help matters, that lady might be out for a while.
Loot her.
Good suggestion. Let's see, here...

Well, she has pockets for days. And is a bit more built than you expected. Her back muscles seem exceptionally pronounced, especially compared to her somewhat noodly arms. A few scars, as well, most of them surgical. You get the impression she would have been a bit more dangerous if you didn't sucker punch her like you did. Well, anyhow, you leave the chemicals to Sucy, who looks way too pleased about this whole thing. Yunikki brought Meandra and her father to their rooms, while you and Hal keep on looting/keeping watch. You're both yawning just about every few minutes, the exhaustion of today starting to catch up to you. Your back also stings, slightly. Seems like cracking yourself open like an egg isn't the healthiest, long-term. Well, anyhow, you find a couple more interesting bits and pieces. Scalpels, a collection of small metal plates (some of them with a glowing light on it), A small two-shot handgun... She was planning a few things, obviously. More importantly, you find some of your stuff! Your very own handgun is still here... albeit in pieces. It's been carefully dismantled, and you discovered inside of a fancy little gold-trimmed box. You... don't know enough about this thing to even begin to figure out how to re-assemble it. Like it or not, this story started in the medieval stasis kind of fantasy, before we entered urban fantasy for some reason. So you're not going to know overmuch. Of course, the real treasure here is the fact that she took your cookbook along! Nice. Of course, your clothing and sword are, apparently, too heavy. But you didn't find them in the hospital, either so where...
Questions for later.

Eventually, you and your companions each take watch over the drider as people go to sleep. It proved to be unneeded, she remained unconscious for the remainder of the night, and quite a bit into the day,too. You were sleeping in, after taking first watch, when Meandra woke you up. She looks... surprisingly alright for somebody that was drugged against their will just a night ago.
The drider's up. It's about time for you to get up, too.... Dad and Hal are keeping watch over her, so she's not going anywhere. Try to freshen up, you look like death.
She laughs a little at the last part, in that tired sort of way. Looks like that drug might have hit a little hard, if she's still slightly out of it.
After you took the time to clean up a little, you head downstairs to find the drider where you left her: tied up, on the floor, with a crossbow and a double-barrel aimed at her head.
Time to start asking questions. Or to do something else.

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: August 20, 2018, 08:34:01 am »

Give her an ultimatum, where if we or anyone with us, sees her again we'll kill her.  Then.. I think we're almost done here, aren't we?  Time to get our reward, buy any gear, and get out of these caves.  I think the next stop is to help Hal before it's too late.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: August 20, 2018, 08:06:06 pm »

...I'm definitely thinking an ultimatum is in order, but I can't decide on what.  Like, if we actually want her gone or what.

"No attacking my friends unless they start it, and don't do things a reasonable person would consider 'starting it'"?

Next stop is definitely Hal, though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: August 20, 2018, 08:15:02 pm »

I'd try to contain her somehow more reliable than an ultimatum to stay away from us specifically, but prison still doesn't seem effective on her, and we seem to already have decided not to murder her. So uh. Call the police I guess. Make sure they understand just how dangerous she is, maybe they can send her to a lower level with prisons that are better at containing supervillians. Or they'll execute her!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: August 20, 2018, 08:30:39 pm »

I wouldn't use the word attacking because breaking in and knocking people out with injections doesn't seem to count as an attack in her mind.  I just want her to stay away from us or the group, before she kills someone out of malice or misadventure.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: August 20, 2018, 10:48:44 pm »

1. before leaving the place we should remember to try to use our tome of eternal darkness as a vessel of contraband to take the recipes of how to do the bullets/gun, I will insist on this sorry. maybe we can write the recipes of some chemistry stuff for eveline/sucy too

2. Maybe if we give her ultimatum we should use her psychology against her, say that we don't believe she is fit to follow us as she is incapable to understand the basic stuff. and instead of "attacking" we use the word "doing anything that might hurt or remove their ability of choosing/complain/take action by themselves without the induction or influence of any potions or stuff"

damn, maybe Sucy can translate what we want to say.

It's weird to say that Sucy is more capable of understanding morals than someone

3. Hmmm, I almost want to keep her, I mean, we are already with shit threw on the fan, we have a mind control arm that might kill us on sight, a psychopathic alchemist, a time-bomb that will turn into a crazy undead killer, and a paladin with a beast inside, what is another psico genius doing the work on the good side?

But if we do this we should make a fast speech that for us she is the lowest dog unless she learns to understand our desires or be capable to act along-side civilization, she will obey anyone from the group, even sucy until we decide that she was re-educated enough to consider giving her freedom of choice
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:55:14 pm by omada »
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: August 20, 2018, 10:50:17 pm »

that's not a word

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: August 20, 2018, 10:56:42 pm »

I changed my Idea from a word to a phrase in mid sentence and forgot to edit, sorry

hmmm

I added a third point on my post while you were posting
Novice english wordsmith

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: August 20, 2018, 11:04:24 pm »

I don't want people around who don't understand that knocking out our friends with combat drugs isn't acceptable behavior.  Rewarding her (by letting her come with us) for doing so is both extremely reckless and bad for training her.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:06:44 pm by Devastator »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: August 20, 2018, 11:11:08 pm »

Maybe we should say that we are still considering the options in front of her, and say what all the options are (blowing her head off being one of then)

ask sucy if she thinks that we can properly re-educate her and what kind of punishment would be applicable.

maybe a drug that shut down some of her synapses, but drown her in nightmares is a punishment that she will understand

maybe let our party vote which option it is, the best ones (for her) being letting her leave alive or following us as a dog the worst ones (for her) being death

of course, I have a weak for psycho characters, their awkwardness dealing with people is always fun for me so it might getting the best of my judgment
Novice english wordsmith

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: August 21, 2018, 01:27:35 am »

If we're going to play pokémon with crazy people, we should start an actual cult first to maximize gains.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 216