Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185931 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1395 on: January 10, 2018, 06:10:00 pm »

Sister IS the coolest, but she has her own things to do. You should check the glowy things. Glowing usually means important, and mum is important, so they are probably connected?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 10, 2018, 06:33:01 pm »

Glowy things are neat and shiny. Shiny = good.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: January 10, 2018, 07:53:08 pm »

Just say, "Sister, eat fast and help, mama need help"

and go to glowing stuff
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: January 11, 2018, 08:44:37 am »

Get the Glowy things.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 12, 2018, 01:14:51 pm »

If it glows, it's good! It's gotta be. I hardly spare a glance at your sister, who seems content on scraping blood off the floor with her pedipalps and eating it like that. She sure is a hearty eater! I, however, I'm on a more curious bend. Mama seems to be sleeping anyway, there's no need to wake her. Mama wouldn't be doing that if she didn't want to, she's mama! Nothing can beat mama. I wander over to the little table, and crawl up the leg. It's kinda hard, but I manage! I'm a brave boy, heights are no match for me!
Now that I'm at the glowing bottles, I notice that there's stuff inside the funny little bottles. It's... kinda weird, like bubbles that  keep rising. It keeps on making noise, too.
Bored now. I wanna see what it is when it breaks! I push my face against the glass, shove it off the little table.
*BWAMP*
All at once, I get thrown back as the table flips over, with ME on it! I curl up in a little ball as I fly through the air! Against the odds, however, the table merely slides to a halt, and my legs hold fast. I come out of that completely unharmed, but...
The whole room is utterly trashed, now! Mama's gonna be so mad...
*hork*
Some water suddenly splashes down on the ground. Mama just puked!
ewww...

W-what are... She sucks in a deep breath, clearly in pain! She WASN'T just sleeping, she's really hurt from something! That makes me so angry I could...
I shake my abdomen around as I raise my front legs. I don't know why I do it, but it feels good! How dare somebody hurt mama!
Oh my stars... A new voice says. I turn to it, hissing and still raising my fronts! I keep moving left and right, but she doesn't seem to notice me! It's a weird-looking one, too! All hairy, a maw full of teeth, looking a little plump...
M-miss? Are you alright? Where's that alchemist?
I-i don't... mama can hardly mutter out any words right now! WHY is this creature talking to her!
...If she's not here we can help. Bob, Angelica! Help me out here.

They stomp in the room, not even looking at me... As much as I hate it, I can't do anything against things like that. They're big and hairy and have all these sharp teeth. My instincts are telling me that I should stay away! But I can't leave mama! They keep talking amongst themselves, but I'm not listening. I decided that I'm just gonna stay close to mom. I'm already crawling along her leg so I can get to her as the creatures keep on entering. Just as I reach mama's back, she suddenly lurches down! Her legs aren't so spread out anymore, and she falls to the ground.
That must have hurt, you jerks! I hear a hissing right next to me, and see that my sister has the same idea as me. She hisses as the creatures surrounding her and momma!
She'll probably follow if you act now!

Attack!

Attack patiently

This is actually too scary, nevermind.

Stats & Skills
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:02:51 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: January 12, 2018, 04:17:02 pm »

You can't help mum if you aren't okay, keep your distance. If they approach, back away. You are going to protect her though! Keep shaking your legs and waving your abdomen! Let them know that they aren't allowed to hurt her, just... do it from a distance of two-thirds of her abdomen away, or from the opposite side of her if you can't get that far away without leaving her... Or maybe if they completely surround her you can hide under her hair...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 12, 2018, 09:34:57 pm »

Oh fuck I am gonna love these spiderlings, they are such intelligent kids (and one got vampirism HOW CUTE) That's why brood mothers REALLY get mad when their swarm minions are being stomped even when she just makes dozen of them for battling her war

What RAM said plus

LISTEN, they might show what they are up to when they talk, and if they're sooo scary and are trying to help mama we could just help them don't being clumsy beings, wow, scary beings help mama, she must be badass, she is hurt, something very bad must have hurt momma, we must be as brave as she

and while don't needing to hide, pull a bit of her hair, mama won't like to vomit on her hair, woooow such beautiful hair, will we grow hair too?
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 12, 2018, 11:06:15 pm »

Our kids are the smartest!

What everyone else said.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 13, 2018, 08:08:16 am »

Stopping and thinking about the situation would probably be a good idea. For one, they don’t seem to be eating her (yet…), even though she still hasn’t fought back. Everything in my being is telling me that proper predators don’t do that, especially considering they just let her go from hanging somewhere. It… I didn’t see before, but somebody hookered mom up! The weird things are wrapping stuff around her legs, now, stopping it from getting more wet. I wonder what that white stuff is, anyway. I thought bodywater is red? It sure was red on the sweetbread momma made me in! Maybe momma’s so good she gets a different colour?
When one of them gets closer to mom, though, me and sis are quick to spring to action. We screech again, raising our fronts, shaking our abdomen and moving side to side. We look huge, now! They won’t try anything!

Oh, God! Look at these things! They’re massive!
And blue. You think they’re related to her?
Maybe that’s why Thundercunt’s ran off?
…I don’t wanna risk it.
Oh for pete’s sake! They’re hardly the size of your hand! Don’t you remember anything from village life!
I was never a spider-keeper!
Neither was I!
The fat one comes closer, not at all impressed by you and sister’s showing! You can’t defeat something like that! It’s got teeth and fur and looks weird and its fat! If it’s fat, it must get food from all the others! I back away, but my sister doesn’t follow. She actually charges, front still raised and her hissing more intense!
Sister really IS the coolest!

Come on, little thing. I’m not gonna hurt your momma, but I need to get those tubes out, alright? says the tubby one

What?
What are toobes? Mama’s guts aren’t hanging out, so they must mean something else. Looking to the left, I see that there’s red bodywater in these seethrough things going inside of mama! My legs shake and stomp, they’re trying to change her colour! But she’s got the white, they must be doing something bad! I’m not afraid of any teeth now! I run over mom’s back, climbing up along her pink parts and biting at the tubes! As hard as I try, I can’t affect these horrible toobes even by a bit! Suddenly, though, the toobe moves! That weird thing just pulled it outta momma!
THEN it clicks! The one that said the toobes were doing things isn’t the leader, MOMMA is! She’s as big as all of them put together! Of course!
My sister seems to have understood as well, and she even managed to pull out another toobe on momma’s other side! I was trying to kill it, but pulling works well enough against these snake-things. I think they’re snakes, anyway, worms should be soft. I think.

Alright. Hold on, I’ve got some water. Don’t touch anything in this place! Things are looking pretty explodey, from the look of things. AND DON’T PLAY WITH THAT THING!
You just told me not be afraid!
I was telling you to be BRAVE, not STUPID! What if it’s poisonous!?

Sister’s on the shoulder of the smallest of the creatures. They might think she’s playing, but right now, even at our size, we could kill them in an instant. There’s a juicy bloodvessel there. It also occurs to me that bodywater and blood have to be similar. You gotta be really special before your blood stops being blood. Suddenly, though, Mom stirs again when the creature dabs a wet handkerchief on her forehead! She coughs pretty bad, but she doesn’t sound as pained as before.
…Alright. I feel like I’m slightly farther from dying than before. What the hell is going on!?
Ah, Aestinus, I’m assuming? The fat one’s taking the lead again. Why isn’t she being more respectful?
That’s me, yeah…. Mom takes a moment to breathe deeply. She’s still in pain! Are we still in the castle? And still leading! Gosh she is so awesome!
Still in the alchemists’ lab, I’m afraid. Something blew up just before we got here, and the alchemist is gone… Look, we’re terrified of that vampire, but without anybody to enforce that, we’re free to do as we like! Considering how he’s been running scared, and your friend tore a piece out of him, I figure we can probably help eachother… Are there friends, outside?
A whole bunch. Crusaders, even. And quite a few friends of mine. Does anybody know Eveline? Small lady, really good at alchemy?
The creature gasps and turns pale, somehow visible even though the fur!
EVELINE’S HERE?! MY DARLING!? S-SHE REALLY CAME BACK!?
…You’re her mother, aren’t you?
Suddenly, the creature flings her hands around Mom! That’s too much! She may be scary but you’re not allowing this! I chomp down on the closest bit of arm I can reach, and the creature cries out in pain and flinches back! I screech at her, forelegs raised! Take that!

Ah… Right. These spiders. Say, are they friends of yours?
Spiders? What are…
I crawl to the front, on top of her chest. When she looks down, her mouth hangs open, giving me a look all her teeth. She’s got a lot more than I do! After a short pause, she gasps and grabs me with one hand.
O-oh my gosh, look at this! I-I made this! Oh my gosh you’re adorable… Did you make the alchemist run? Did you?
I squeak happily before she nuzzles me against her cheek.
Where’s the other one? You were talking plural!
Tom?
The smallest one comes closer, with sister on his shoulder, still. Mom doesn’t need to do more than stretch out her arm (the one with me one it!) and sister jumps off and joins.
They’re adorable! Come on, momma’s gonna take good care of you.
She places us on her head, on her fur. She doesn’t have as much as the creatures, but hers is really long! I quickly bury myself in there, along with sis. We can move around in her yellow forest quite easily.
Alright… Can you move?
…No. I can’t feel my legs at all! I’m going to need something for this, but we’re in a lab, right? Open that cabinet!
Magic word?
Open the cabinet, please!? We’re in a hurry!
Some respect still doesn’t hurt, darling!
The creature opens up the cabinet. A whole bunch of bottles are inside, and Momma was quick to point out the right one.
There! Transfusion potion! I… I don’t know the right dose, but we don’t have much time.
But…
I-I can’t reach!
The creatures may have fur, teeth and more. But they’re also very short. She can’t reach momma’s wish!

Go get it myself!
I'm a good climber, I can get it down from there!
Motivate the creatures by hissing at them!
Momma just said jump.NOW WHERE’S THE “HOW HIGH”!?
Comfort mama
She’s going to need it if she’s going to deal with these creatures.
Other

Stats

You’ll go back to being Sydney when she’s able to move under her own power.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: January 13, 2018, 10:39:44 am »

Go get it!

Squeech first and go in the potion direction

Maybe we can't pick it properly, but we can pull at the scary thing, it got big hands like momma, they can catch, just let's pull it slowly to give them time

Such a smart boy isn't it?
Novice english wordsmith

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: January 13, 2018, 10:25:52 pm »

Go help get it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: January 14, 2018, 03:56:37 pm »

Uhh, you're ready to catch it, right? You say to plump woman. Your newest kid is crawling up the cabinet already, clearly intent on pushing the bottle down. Adorable, smart and yours. Goodness, these kids are the greatest thing you've ever seen! The one that's still on your shoulder is nuzzling up to your cheek, and you use your good arm to pet it affectionately. You've known them for about 30 seconds and if anything were to happen to them you'd lay waste to everything in the room and possibly the country. Now, the kobolt does stand ready to catch whatever's needed, and you have little doubt that she can do it. Regardless, you still make it clear that the bottle (the correct one, right off the bat!) is about to fall down. True to form, she catches it perfectly.
Now, on one hand, you always had to be careful  with these. Overdosing on them would have lethal consequences. But considering you can't feel your extremities and lack enough fluids to even move your undercarriage, you think an overdose is that last thing to fear. You suspect your injuries are a lot worse than you feel, though. You were pretty sedated if you weren't feeling those hooks a minute ago. But that will serve to your advantage. you'll walk out of here and THEN you can collapse. Hopefully in the arms of a friend.

You chug half of the potion, so you can be careful with it. Almost instantly, you feel a bunch better. You get considerably more feeling in all your extremities again, although it's still not perfect. Looks like the sedation is fairly strong. Still...
Slowly, steadily, you rise again, to your full height. You tower above the kobolts again, and your children seem in awe. It's hard to tell, but you have a mother's eye for this sort of thing. of course, you will admit that they look like completely ordinary spiders in most respects. Their size is exceptional, as is their intelligence. And they have mother's hue. Essential part, right there. Now that you can move, at least, you can start getting out of he-
What in blue blazes is going on here!? What are you idiots doing!?
The alchemist is here. She looks injured, having bandaged her upper torso quite extensively. She looks pretty pale, too.
I called you here to WAIT for me! What have you done to my lab, and that drider... I know you can't fight, you wretch. Stay where you are, or I'll burn you alive!
She raises a bottle. Same brand as Eveline, you note. She could really do it!

Suddenly, however, another bottle falls from the cabinet. Your child is still up there! The alchemist flinches away, but not before the liquid splashes on her leg. almost instantly, her foot begins to swell in size as she yells. Another bottle, on the same foot. More swelling. The cabinet must be filled with healing items. And as you know by now, overdoses of that aren't pretty. The kobolts finally wake up, now that she's immobilized and clearly panicking. Your child has jumped down to sting the enemy, but the kobolts...
They're going to topple the cabinet.
COME HERE! NOW! You scream to your child, more scared than you have ever felt in your life! He's in danger, and you're too weak to move quickly! You stumble forward, reaching out your hand to the flailing alchemist. Your child is sent flying by a thwack of her hand, and he hits the wall, hard!
NO!
You rush over to your child, his sister crawling down your body to get to him as well. You hear many bottles breaking, and the faint  sounds of screaming can be heard, but nothing of that matters. You reach your spiderling, who is laying on the ground with a broken leg! It's snapped in two, and your baby's unconscious! Carefully, you pick your child up, and place him in your hair. His sister sticks close.

When you turn around, you see the effects of the cabinet on the alchemist. She is gurgling in pain as her flesh morphs, melts and heals at an equal rate, leaving her grotesque and in pure agony. In any other situation you would have mercy killed her.
But she just hurt one of your children. A white-hot rage fills you to the brim as you look upon the wretch, who stretches out an arm at you in an almost pitiable gesture. With a stomp of your foremost foot, you crush her hand. To you, an act of rage, to her...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to step outside of Sydney's perspective for you to fully realize just what has happened to the alchemist. Her cabinet was filled with far worse than mere healing agents, but out of all of them the healing potions formed the worst punishment. While trapped under the cabinet, the alchemist could feel every single part of herself morphing into something else. Her legs melted by her acids, her torso burnt to a crisp, her left arm growing out of control from the steroidal compounds. The prototypes for what he finally managed to get out of your blood. Even her head was morphing into something else, and her mind was desperate for anything to focus on that wasn't forced into something unrecognizable as her medicines morphs her into something inhuman. She is brilliant, and pain-resistant, and her still-human arm was the only thing to focus on that allowed her to think. With the pain you caused her, you removed her one lifeline before she fell into pure agony. Nothing to focus on, her mind shattered as badly as her body. Without that mental focus, she could not resist what little she was resisting. Her head was already getting pulled back by the shadows, her neck twisten and pulled inside her torso as her face traveled down across her torso. Her skull, trapped in a scream would soon regrow the flesh that tore itself away from it, buglike eyes would grow, fester and reform themselves.
Death will not come for her, as much as she wishes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She won't be leaving her little meat prison, that's for sure... You need to get out of here, though.

Let the kobolts guide you out of here.
They should know the way better than you

Scavenge
This is still an extensive lab. Maybe there's some thing you can use?

Take charge
Just in case these kobolts try anything, you need to take charge on this. You'll find your own way out.

Other.

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 14, 2018, 04:06:03 pm »

Let the kobolts guide you out of here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: January 14, 2018, 04:37:04 pm »

Yeah, time to get out of here.  They know the way out, follow them.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 15, 2018, 03:57:13 pm »

Let the kobolts guide

if a thrall appears, control him it will even look that they are following vamp's order (and will make sure we don't need exactly to fight someone unless we are sure of easy victory)
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 216