Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 216

Author Topic: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure (Ended)  (Read 185914 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure
« Reply #1410 on: January 16, 2018, 04:33:14 pm »

The kobolts help guide you out of here. Your legs are shaky, but the idea of getting out of here is more than enough to motivate you forward. The kobolts bring you in a different direction than you expected, but you manage to avoid any patrols. Good thing, too, considering that you wouldn't survive an encounter, at the moment. You are brought into the kitchens. Quite a few kobolts are looking at you with eyes like saucers, your intrusion the most new and exciting thing that happened in their life. Some of them look young enough to have been raised into the vampire's service. You are brought to the end of the kitchen, and see a dumbwaiter. It seems unreasonably large, to the point that even you can fit in there. Also of note, the kitchen shouldn't lead to the dining room, unless you're completely and utterly wrong about the castle's layout.
Alright, this leads to the vampire's secret stash room. He has us pull him up there, even though he can climb... Damned fool thinks this "dumbwaiter" look will fool anybody.
Not a lot of respect towards him?
Not from me, no. But I'm the only one who knows how to make a proper pudding, so he's not getting rid of me. He's an idiot, but he hides it pretty well. Just ever got any parental guidance, is my guess. She sniffs in disdain.
He's got an escape route up there, that much I'm sure of. We never used it because he'd be quick to catch us... Only my daughter managed to get away with the alchemy ingredients.
How'd she get those, anyway?
She was the vamp's main alchemist, of course. He was angrier about having lost her than his injuries. We lost quite a few kobolts those next few days, but it was all worth it just to see him like that. And, more importantly, the fact that we're about to get rescued. That's a big plus. Now, we'll be coming in after you. Best you go alone,
 I figure.

When you enter the dumbwaiter, the kobolts begin to pull the ropes needed to bring you up. There is some clear groaning. While you are still lighter than you seem, you're still quite a bit heavier than anything they ever had to haul before. Still, it goes up at a steady pace. When you reach the top, your jaw drops, and you only barely stop yourself from vomiting. The smell is overpowering, and the sight is even worse.
Looks like he's been keeping his harem here.And he does more than just DRINK his victims. Young girls, almost all of them eastern. "Gifts", most likely. Some are dried husks in a corner, two of them are rotting where they lie,  their neck snapped and twisted at an impossible angle. Far more have been eviscerated, and the plates and beds are covered in dried blood and remains. This is...
It's the cave of an animal.
You hear a soft crying from the far end of the room. Your children seem as perturbed as you, mostly because you are. You keep the closer as you step closer to the sound. You hope it's nothing dangerous. You couldn't handle an attack...

You recognize the voice of a crying girl. The girl that was in your room at one time, you note after a little while. She's in the back of the room. You push aside some pillows and there she is. Her expression is dazed, her face bearing a spattering of blood. When you look down, you see that her arm has been removed. A clean cut, bandages and a tourniquet to stop her from bleeding out.
It was the same arm she put the knife-bracelet on. Oh the poor girl.
She doesn't seem to notice you at all, even as you wave your hand in front of her. She must be drugged, or just shocked into a completely catatonic state. Perhaps even driven mad...
The kobolts will be coming up here soon. You won't have much time to escape after this.

Take the girl
You can't leave the poor girl like this! It'll slow the group down, but the girl will die if left like this!

Leave her.
You'll try to rescue her when the time comes. Hopefully she'll survive long enough...

Mercy.
She's gone. Best to put her out of her misery now.

Other

Basic Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 16, 2018, 04:52:59 pm »

We shouldn't take her, we are barely surviving this vampire arc, but I don't know if we should drain her with our healing cloud, kill her fast or just leave her behind

we do have something to stitch her? If yes, do this, talk slowly with the sweetest voice we can "Here, I will help you leave, we will take you out, just keep hidden"

If there is that disturbing scene of "kill me please" err, smoke her while we suffocate with a pillow kiss her in the forehead.

We lost the chance to talk with the vampire "What? You wan't to marry a black widow, there is no other way this could end" just for intimidation

but maybe we would be killed if we done that
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 16, 2018, 05:54:05 pm »

There are... Corpses here. Perhaps we could leave some guards? Perhaps even make more Spiderlings? No, it can't have been long enough. Could we call our familiar here to organise some zombies to seal the room and tend to the living? Try to carry them out of here? Hopefully our familiar understands how to keep from injuring people further and can give instructions to our undead...

Vampy is too obsessed with us. We can't risk slowing down, and coming with us is probably as dangerous as staying here, even in her current state, but we can probably spare the mana for a couple of undead...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 16, 2018, 06:43:51 pm »

I think we should kill her so she can't be used by the vampire.  Raising some bodies to provide cover is also probably a plus, or just leaving them here to be feral when the Vampire runs back here after getting wounded or weakened, looking to heal up on the blood..

Yeah.  Do that.  Kill her, raise some bodies here, and leave them here so that the Vampire has one fewer place to run for succor.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 16, 2018, 08:06:02 pm »

Leave her.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 16, 2018, 08:14:11 pm »

I really don't think that one person who has already suffered from blood-loss(granted, the vampire can probably drain a lot more than she can survive, so 50% health might be 95% edibility...) is going to make a difference. Unless they have systematically wiped out everyone edible(which includes driders, which seems like more of a stretch than kobolts, but I have no confirmation there) then there should be a larger population of emergency blood elsewhere, and if blood was really that much of an instant rejuvenation than I would expect that they wouldn't have been so damaged the last time we saw them.

I think that the mental damage to Sydney would be proportionately greater than the starvation damage to Vampy. Nor is there any guarantee that being dead would render her inedible.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 16, 2018, 09:41:16 pm »

I think that we drained blood from a thrall, so killing her only if it's for mercy sake.

But about setting trap, NICE. the vampire can defeat them easily, but it might scare him a bit and land a lucky hit or two
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 16, 2018, 10:52:07 pm »

In retrospect, it's another situation where it'd be nice to be big enough or strong enough to properly carry people.  But in the absence of that carrying another half-dead person is only going to end in tears.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 17, 2018, 05:06:39 pm »

It's awful to have to do this, but you just can't take her with you with the way you are... You don't need to stitch her, at least. The vampire seems to prefer his meals to be fresh, and the amputation has already been well-cared for. The bandages are clean, no blood. Honestly, the most outstanding problem she has at the moment is the fact that she doesn't seem to be all that aware of her surroundings. Again, you're not sure if this is drugs or plain old shock. You can't get her to respond at all. You promise her that you'll be back to save her, to which she seems to react with complete and utter indifference. She's still just kind of crying.
For all you know, she just sleeps with her eyes open. And sleeps VERY deep.
While you feel awful about leaving her, you're still kind of glad you decided not to kill her. An attempted rescue is better, right?
You are interrupted in your musings when you hear the rough voice of Eveline's mother.
Alright, so, bad news. It'll just be YOU escaping... I can't leave the others behind, they'll fall apart without me! And they're too scared to come with you! Not to mention... I'm getting a few of the trappers coming in, saying that there's an assault going on. Now, usually that'd be a good sign to maybe stick aroundand get rescued, but the vampire's on a bloody warpath to get to you. So, uh, you'd better hurry the hells up.
You couldn't have STARTED by saying that? You groan to yourself. With little regard for body quality, you burn through your mana resurrecting as many corpses as possible. Which is a grand total of two... Your mana took a bit of a hit from you being as exhausted as you are. You feel a little lightheaded as you are completely drained of mana. You find it grants an odd contrast to how heavy you feel from your injuries, but you eventually deem it as nauseating. Your two corpses rise, the two most intact ones, albeit drained. Husks, really, but considering undead strength would be about the same between all of these (these women were concubines. Muscle isn't really sought after in their line of work.), you'd better pick the one with all their limbs and no guts to trip over

As much as it pains you, you also leave behind your companion. You haven't USED him very much, but he was a comforting presence to you all the same. As you nuzzle one of your children again, and make sure the other remains in his sling (made up of your hair), you figure you have something else to comfort you with, at least.
Ok. Was NOT aware you could resurrect the dead... Kinda terrifying, to be honest. They're not gonna... trip down the elevator, right? Because there's a couple children in the kitchens and they DON'T need to see this.
My little friend here should stop them from doing anything stupid. You nod to the skeletal lizard, which is scurrying around on the walls. it somehow gives a little salute, more than willing to guide your undead while you don't think about them. As your familiar, it should have enough of a link with you to manage that.
Right. To the back there's a sort of slide. Ignore it and use the rope at the side... Or, uh, just crawl down alongside it, I suppose. The slide's actually just a trap.
How do you know?
Cleaning duty.
Without a word, you decide to get going. Before you go, however, the mother interrupts you one more time.
Give this to Eveline, would you? She hands you a small bag of... something. It rattles, at least. You don't really have pockets available to you, but you don't need your hands to descent, anyhow.

After going down (it was a little scary, considering your condition, but it went well enough) you end up in a tunnel similar to the one your village had to allow people to escape. And, as you expected and hoped, it puts you quite a distance away from the castle. You feel like you've just run miles, but at long last you're out of there.
Now what?

Try to find your friends
You need some help, for one. But it might take a while to even orient yourself.

Go into hiding
The vampire might be coming as you're thinking. You should hide nearby for a while, and tend to your wounds yourself.

Prepare traps?
You still have a broken arm (although it has been set), so it will prove difficult to trap the entrance. But still, you could make it work, maybe?

Other

Basic Stats

Items and equipment

Skills and spells
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: January 17, 2018, 05:21:54 pm »

The vampire might be coming, that's why you need to get the fuck off as fast as you can, as he WILL find us hiding

Ask our kids to warn when they see someone in the distance, maybe they can spot our friends better, or the vampire.

babble something about " need to go to forest" and our kids might pull our hair on the right direction if we are this badly

Restraint is about willpower and not doing what you need to do right? It's possible for us to use restraint to walk more than our pain would normally let us? Maybe we should use it to push a bit foward
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 17, 2018, 06:16:58 pm »

As nice as it is to think that Vampy might come flying through here at a ludicrous speed and impale itself on a well-places stick, we don't actually have anything like that, and bracing it would take too long, and it would be too weak, and Vampy would probably see it and get confirmation that we were here...

So I will support Omada's plan, which I shall dub "Fly You Fools!"...

Although check for soul scents, it is about the only trail we can follow...
Read the First Post!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 17, 2018, 06:23:46 pm »

Try to put some more distance between you and the castle without leaving a trail.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 18, 2018, 04:39:26 pm »

ey yo i got three fucking exams tomorrow and on saterday we got more so i don't feel like doing the thing today and i wanna fucking die
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 18, 2018, 07:28:23 pm »

Breath, good luck on you exams and [insert here a horrible joke about doing the thing being good to relax before test]
Novice english wordsmith

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 18, 2018, 08:37:50 pm »

I wanna fucking die
I have heard that there are worse ways to go, but I advise against it. I mean, the exams will make you feel like death regardless, so you may as well take their offer instead and let them kill you. It is just easier that way...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 216