Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Eschaton OOC  (Read 5295 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton (OOC, 1/6)
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2017, 08:33:20 am »

Sheet incoming.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:42:55 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2017, 10:01:41 am »

I was wondering..Outside of combat, how does mania/delerium/Stigma work? Seems pretty important to my character, since trying to make an animal strong enough to fight for me would be difficult in the middle of combat. It could easily take multiple turns, over which the animal could easily be killed before it's sufficiently strong.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2017, 11:01:29 am »

I was wondering..Outside of combat, how does mania/delerium/Stigma work? Seems pretty important to my character, since trying to make an animal strong enough to fight for me would be difficult in the middle of combat. It could easily take multiple turns, over which the animal could easily be killed before it's sufficiently strong.

That is where our necromancer takes over, of course.

Delirium goes to zero out of combat, according to the limited rules we are presented with. You start combat at zero, which likely means you can't really power up outside of it. Which is good, since Mania is kinda a bad thing to have, though it doesn't say weather or not it goes down as well.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2017, 11:41:53 am »

How would our necromancer be able to function, then? If she can only use it inside of battle, that means the bodies wouldn't be animated between battles. Would we just have to lug them around? Plus, she would have  to spend a turn or two reanimating them at the start of each battle, which, once again, gives an opportunity for enemies to destroy them before they're functioning. Besides, in game, what would prevent us from using our Stigma? No real reason is given in the OP.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2017, 11:47:48 am »

How would our necromancer be able to function, then? If she can only use it inside of battle, that means the bodies wouldn't be animated between battles. Would we just have to lug them around? Plus, she would have  to spend a turn or two reanimating them at the start of each battle, which, once again, gives an opportunity for enemies to destroy them before they're functioning. Besides, in game, what would prevent us from using our Stigma? No real reason is given in the OP.

I'm not even sure the bad guys *can* do any damage, to the servants our otherwise. Their main goal seems to be increasing mania. It seems that powers can activate outside of combat, but are generally less powerful with less mania. At worst, it becomes a moot point (they spend one turn making something, the bad guys spend one turn breaking it. Repeat until their mania is high enough to makes something stronk enough not to die).

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2017, 05:45:06 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2017, 11:08:57 pm »

Regarding Gene, your Blessing is going to ensure you'll have decent animals at hand for combat, and also it shouldn't take too long to just turn then into murder beasts. Like with enough mania it should only require one turn and it's not like it's your only way to fight.

As for Iris, her reanimations would be able to act the turn they are given life and she would be able to do stuff on that turn in addition to just using her stigma. Plus since it's been described to cover dead cells even, just causing necrosis or somesuch would allow her to harm people with their own flesh.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:10:47 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2017, 01:11:06 pm »

Character's finished, unless I think of something more to add. Comments?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2017, 05:11:40 pm »

Absolutely none at all. It looks great! ^ o ^
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2017, 05:21:50 pm »

Just curious, is "Thou in a Nadir" an anagram?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2017, 05:26:04 pm »

Is my new sheet any better then my first?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2017, 12:39:16 am »

Just curious, is "Thou in a Nadir" an anagram?
Yes, of 'indian author', the phrase right before it.

E: I've also added a Blessing and a few minor details to the sheet.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:55:27 am by IcyTea31 »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2017, 02:09:23 am »

Bump. I'm still interested in this; any progress?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2017, 03:05:52 am »

No. We were making plenty of progress, but then some jerk came and turned it all into an anagram.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2017, 03:41:41 am »

Plenty of Progress = Elf Property Songs

Prepare the magma. I knew the elves were no better than kobolds when it comes to forum games.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6