Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Eschaton OOC  (Read 5298 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Eschaton (OOC, 1/6)
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 03:56:54 pm »

Sounds fun. Its either that or I am just here to take a character sheet and block it from someone who really wants it :P.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:33:44 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2017, 04:33:16 pm »

How does mine look?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 05:27:32 pm »

Here is Character

Spoiler: Iris (click to show/hide)
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 09:59:12 pm »

Anything needing changing with mine?
Everything's fine as far as I can tell! ^__^

Be Prepared! Tom is capable of manifesting useful supplies out of thin air. They supplies are fairly limited, but practical when paired with pre-existing items. He can't pull out a machine gun or attack helicopter, but can pull out ammunition and fuel that makes their use more viable, for example. Other items effected by this power include food, medical supplies, purified water, batteries, simple tools, and other things you would expect to find in a survivalist stockpile.
That works for low-Mania uses of it, but you may wanna specify what it does at higher Mania levels. Because on high end of spectrum, things tend to be crazier, like, being able to shapeshift into metaphysical murder tendrils or punching holes in reality.

Unless you're fine with me assigning those for you of course!

How does mine look?
Well, you've given me some details, but they don't really tell me who he is. There's barely any information on his personality, it's just an assortment of favorite things.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2017, 10:10:34 pm »

you should be able to read his personality from his favorite things, he is (compaired to the vast majority of people) dull, bland, and generally not fun, exciting or noticeable, perhaps I Should add him being diagnosed with OCD and not noticing how boring he is?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 10:12:10 pm »

That works for low-Mania uses of it, but you may wanna specify what it does at higher Mania levels. Because on high end of spectrum, things tend to be crazier, like, being able to shapeshift into metaphysical murder tendrils or punching holes in reality.

Unless you're fine with me assigning those for you of course!

It makes high quality ammunition and food!

Uh, lets say at high Mania he is capable of pulling out temporary weapons/explosives/armor of incredibly high caliber, such as an arsenal of miniature nuclear weapons, black hole grenades, anti-matter bullets, and other equipment of the appropriate strength.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 10:14:29 pm »

Seems like this is full already. I'll just take a place on the waitlist for now, and make my character later
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 10:16:20 pm »

Maybe, at higher levels, he just makes more unique/magical/reality bending versions of those things? Special ammo that makes the target glow, a tent that is as big as an apartment on the inside, a thermos that never runs out of hot cocoa (stays near-scalding hot, though), or protein bars that briefly make one extra ripped? Of course, the specific affect wouldn't likely be controllable, only the relative amount/strength of extra effects.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2017, 10:25:18 pm »

Seems like this is full already. I'll just take a place on the waitlist for now, and make my character later

Eh, there are barely six completed sheets and it is pick-and choose. The fact he is prodding you into making it means there is a fair chance of you getting in :P.

Maybe, at higher levels, he just makes more unique/magical/reality bending versions of those things? Special ammo that makes the target glow, a tent that is as big as an apartment on the inside, a thermos that never runs out of hot cocoa (stays near-scalding hot, though), or protein bars that briefly make one extra ripped? Of course, the specific affect wouldn't likely be controllable, only the relative amount/strength of extra effects.

It still seems kinda under-powered based on the examples he gave, and given the time Mania is high is during combat they should likely be combat focused skills. Making a useful tent would be practical for surviving in the middle of a blizzard, not so useful at surviving punches that tear holes in reality.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2017, 10:27:46 pm »

What if the tent already WAS a hole in reality?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2017, 10:30:08 pm »

you should be able to read his personality from his favorite things, he is (compaired to the vast majority of people) dull, bland, and generally not fun, exciting or noticeable, perhaps I Should add him being diagnosed with OCD and not noticing how boring he is?
I'm not entirely comfortable with a character whose defining feature is being bland and boring.

Uh, lets say at high Mania he is capable of pulling out temporary weapons/explosives/armor of incredibly high caliber, such as an arsenal of miniature nuclear weapons, black hole grenades, anti-matter bullets, and other equipment of the appropriate strength.
That works!

Okay! But just a note that this isn't first come first serve.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2017, 10:33:08 pm »

What if the tent already WAS a hole in reality?

Assuming the tent is completely immune to all damage, then I end up hiding in it drinking infinite coco while the guys with the murder tentacles duke it out outside. This does not seem like a viable survival plan :P.

That works!

Right, updating charsheet.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2017, 10:36:02 pm »

Well in that case, character incoming.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:28:44 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2017, 03:49:17 am »

Looks neat. Doubt entry, yet is no harm in applying. Edit:Updated:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 02:26:29 pm by Cain12 »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2017, 07:56:00 am »

So, S34N1C, your character is..turned ON by electricity? Anyway, the power seems a little...limited. Maybe, to widen it, he could make things absorb/release electricity? It would allow him to drain electronic devices of their power, or Power a device that isn't charged. He could still launch lightning from his fingers, but draining an enemy of their nerves' electrochemical signals could be just as viable.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6