Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: SMF upgrade: Missing Home/Profile/Search/PM/Calendar Tabs  (Read 11766 times)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: SMF upgrade: Missing Home/Profile/Search/PM/Calendar Tabs
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 01:51:35 am »

Could it possibly be a cache issue?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 10:13:27 am »

Maybe you should try logging into an account without administrator privileges and see if that has anything to do with it?

I seriously doubt Toady One has a second account without admin priviledges and he isn't going to hack someone elses account and log in with that.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 10:17:35 am »

Maybe you should try logging into an account without administrator privileges and see if that has anything to do with it?

I seriously doubt Toady One has a second account without admin priviledges and he isn't going to hack someone elses account and log in with that.
what about the goblin god

Oh right, that one has admin privileges, too...
._.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 10:18:24 am »

Well... If it was worth doing, it doesn't take long to make an account...

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2016, 11:37:39 am »

If I am granted admin, I will gladly test for flaws and faults  :P
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2016, 12:43:12 pm »

It's the kobold god!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2016, 01:39:37 pm »

It's the kobold god!
Oh, right. I guess it's a good thing that I crossed that line out, or else I'd be smitten where I stand!

To stay on topic, I haven't seen any changes in forum's layout. All menus are where they were before.
._.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2016, 02:39:25 pm »

Oh, right. I guess it's a good thing that I crossed that line out, or else I'd be smitten where I stand!
Sergarr smitten with a kobold? How cute!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2016, 03:23:29 pm »

Kobolds are pretty cute...

Sorry Toady, we're hijacking this thread, it's the new 'bold thread!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2016, 05:52:50 pm »

All the same tabs, darkling theme, firefox - but I haven't logged out since before the upgrade. That's the extent of my usefulness on this so ptw
*EDIT
Logged out, logged in, all tabs are present, firefox and darkling theme
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:46:09 pm by Loud Whispers »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2016, 07:12:59 pm »

Yes, I have lost my home and profile tab as well.

Could you give information like what browser you use and other information people have already given? Since you're the only one other than Toady One who has reported the issue in the thread, some info might help narrow it down.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2016, 07:52:33 am »

I believe I have managed to isolate the problem with forum not recognising that there is text in the textbox.

http://pastebin.com/mxNkf6LL

Deleting any part of message in pastebin above allows to post the message. It seems to be some interaction when a text with shadow and color is quoted, but only if there is a spoiler with colored glowing text below.

ADDIT: text below can also be bolded and then glowed to replicate the effect, but NOT glowed and then bolded. Text can be bolded and then shadowed, but shadowing and then bolding will break
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:56:41 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2016, 11:43:00 am »

I didn't have any quotes in my post that was triggering the error. I had spoilers and [glow] in it, but they weren't adjacent. I also had texted glowed and colored, but no glowed and bolded text.
A potential trigger for it is my use of statements that went like this:

Code: [Select]
[color=blue][Text][/color]
Which should give [Text]. Where the color bbcode could be any number of combinations. I think I've used color, glow, and bold across the entire post with this 'format'.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2016, 02:52:06 pm »

Adding this bug here. It's a bit esoteric, and unfortunately I can't link it in a CODE tag because even that will eat the post.

EDIT: It seems to be browser-agnostic (Firefox, Chrome). I've tested it on the Core Theme and on Darkling. I can't compare it to old Forum functionality, since I only started using [table] recently. It claims the post is empty when the criteria are met:

Anyone know where Forum Bug Reports would go?

I encountered a weird Post-Eating Bug while doing formatting for this suggestion game. Think I've diagnosed the trigger, though I have no idea what the cause is. It has to do with the Table tag, and some interaction with Quotes. Normally, Quotes within a Table are fine (They compress down into cute mini-quotes), but if you post another Table after it, and the first word in that table has Any BBCode Formatting At all, it eats the entire post. Even just a Bold or an Italic tag.

EDIT: This seems to even eat posts if they're in a CODE tag (and thus completely unformatted... ._.;).

Code: (These Tables are Fine:) [Select]
NOTE: Any Table containing a Quote, followed by a Table containing Unformatted Text, won't trigger the bug:

[table][tr][td][quote author=hector13]you're awful[/quote][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]See, plain text is fine![/td][/tr][/table]

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 02:59:09 pm by Solifuge »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2016, 03:02:57 pm »

Testing.

What the heck?

The tags literally just vanished....Though not the line breaks.  Originally.

I think we need a PHP Wizard to fix this.

I feel like all of this is my fault, I'm the one that noticed the version was out of date...

And nesting spoilers still doesn't work.

E:I found The Bug for tables: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=548896.0

I don't immediately see anything about the missing menu.

According to people in that bug thread, downgrading to 2.0.11 is the short-term solution while waiting for 2.0.13.

But take a backup first.

E:I'm gonna try this with a [nobbc] tag.
[table]
[tr]
[td][quote][/quote][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[table]
[tr]
[td][b][/b][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Okay, so it's a bug in the BBCode parsing.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 03:24:26 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6