Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: SMF upgrade: Missing Home/Profile/Search/PM/Calendar Tabs  (Read 11763 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SMF upgrade: Missing Home/Profile/Search/PM/Calendar Tabs
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2017, 01:57:16 pm »

I've upgraded to 2.0.13 (thanks TheBiggerFish!) and my tabs are working again.  Are the search and bb posting problems still ongoing?

Search function is still broken. Same behavior as before where it blanks out the results when you attempt to go to page two (or any new page). edit: Just to be sure it's not only FireFox, I checked Chrome and it happens there as well.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 01:59:05 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2017, 02:06:56 pm »

My search was broken but is now fixed. Weirdness continues.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2017, 04:36:44 pm »

Strange that it's fixed for you and not for me, MSH.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2017, 04:39:32 pm »

Its all TBF's fault.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2017, 11:12:02 pm »

While we're messing around, can we get a theme that works well on mobile?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2017, 12:00:27 am »

While we're messing around, can we get a theme that works well on mobile?
...Darkling works fine for me?

I mean, it's a little harder to do anything dependent on the dropdown menus maybe, but...Not really much of a problem.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2017, 12:02:02 am »

Sidenote, but the related problems I was having with [TABLE] and other formatting tags causing posts to behave as though they had no content seems to have been resolved by the upgrade. So that's good! Thanks for your diligence and all that.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2017, 08:47:15 pm »

So this problem appears to have returned for a lot of people?  I'm not seeing it, unlike last time.  I can try to run some fixer-upper stuff later tonight.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2017, 08:48:28 pm »

And now it's back for me... wierd.....

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2017, 08:49:23 pm »

Yeah, I have no idea.  I'll put the forum into maintenance mode in ~4-5 hours and run some (hopefully) short checks that are built into the forum software.  It could find something.  Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2017, 08:52:02 pm »

Forum hiccup maybe? Hector said that it's back up for them. Running forum maintainance wouldn't hurt anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2017, 08:53:27 pm »

I'm fairly certain that this version of SMF is suffering input bugs. I've been doing on and off testing of the search system ever since the original problem, and found that it really doesn't like usernames and will crash on the second page of results.

It also seems to crash on other things, but usernames specifically seem to aggravate it. It's possible than any phrase which has been used as a username is triggering it, though I have not confirmed this. I have also noted but not confirmed that it seems more likely to behave if the thread was created after the last forum update.

My suspicion is that this toolbar thing is being caused by some other form of input error, triggering on "blocks" of users or through the text of whatever input is causing it. Hence why it appeared to some users the first time and others this time.

Oh, and while I'm talking about it, thread names occasionally appear as jumbled messes of letters in search results. This isn't too common and it is reproducible, but I'm not sure what to make of it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:02:21 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2017, 01:37:23 am »

Oh noo.

Drat.

You could go ask the SMF people about it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]