Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: SMF upgrade: Missing Home/Profile/Search/PM/Calendar Tabs  (Read 11758 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: SMF upgrade: Missing Home/Profile/Search/PM/Calendar Tabs
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2016, 08:48:54 pm »

Chrome, Darkling. The bar at the top reads for me:
HOME
HELP
SEARCH
MY MESSAGES
CALENDAR
MEMBERS
LOGOUT
Am I missing anything? It feels like something else is supposed to be there.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 09:01:21 pm »

I still see them... Darkling and still-logged-in from half a year ago.

Edit: Firefox Windows 10
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 09:29:52 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 09:23:44 pm »

I've got all the tabs, running it on Safari on an iPhone

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2016, 09:26:59 pm »

Running Palemoon, and all is well. When did you make the switch? I had some odd issues some time yesterday, but none today.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 09:28:16 pm »

Seems to still be working for me, logged in and out and such, still seems fine.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2016, 09:41:12 pm »

Was told to post here, so I'll just copy+paste what I said earlier:
Quote from: Chiefwaffles
The site's giving me a "The message body was left empty" error in a post where the message body is, in fact, not empty. The post body has 4,214 characters including spaces and I've definitely posted longer things before in the same thread. I also am unable to preview the post - pressing the Preview button appears to cause it to try to load the preview, then just load nothing. I think it has something to do with SMF 2.0.12 since this is a problem I'm just encountering today and I've posted nearly-identical posts in the thread in the past.

But the main reason why I'm equating it to SMF 2.0.12 is this post I found in a random forum while googling the error. Said post states "A new feature in SMF (2.0.12) which detects every single mistake in BBC tags ..." and claims that this mistake-checking feature is the source of the problem, and to remove everything that "gets it invalid" in order to fix it.

But I'm not really sure that they mean by "mistake" in this context, since I've checked and I couldn't find any typo'd bbcode.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 09:46:43 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2016, 09:42:19 pm »

If anybody knows more and has any ideas, I'm all ears.  I can't roll it back due to security issues (and I'm not sure if I can easily anyway).
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2016, 09:57:15 pm »

Using Darkling they're there for me 100%. I reloaded and checked from different sub-pages twenty times or so to be sure it wasn't just a lucky page load.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 10:24:25 pm »

Everything's normal on the Chrome/Windows-10 front. Purely for testing purposes I loaded up Microsoft Edge (that web-browser they try to force on everyone) and logged in there, and I'm posting from that now.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2016, 10:26:25 pm »

Let's be real, this isn't even the weirdest thing SMF has ever done. There are the bizarre errors searching sometimes introduces in thread listings, and I still remember the defiance of all reason that was (Awaiting Approval).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 12:04:43 am »

I can fully see everything mentioned; using Chrome (latest version). Tested the same with Comodo Icedragon.

Although I can't load Toady One's profile avatar ._. (It appears as that blank square with a broken/ripped page icon at the top left)

Edit: Wait, it loaded now as of the time of editing. Strange. (But others' like Reelya was also unloaded so I'm pushing it as internet coincidence)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:23:55 am by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2016, 12:10:06 am »

Everything works fine for me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 12:10:57 am »

I can fully see everything mentioned; using Chrome (latest version). Tested the same with Comodo Icedragon.

Although I can't load Toady One's profile avatar ._. (It appears as that blank square with a broken/ripped page icon at the top left)

That loads fine for me.

The only profile icons that I've seen to not load occasionally are Loud Whispers, but his are on a rotation, so, the broken images might be on his end.

Strange that Toady One seems to be the only one having the problem, as far as I can tell from the posts.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2016, 01:02:00 am »

Maybe you should try logging into an account without administrator privileges and see if that has anything to do with it?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2016, 01:47:55 am »

Not permanantly logged in with a later 40 series firefox browser, don't keep cookies outside of the current session either - all the tabs are there for me. Logged in, logged out, logged in to check, all still there.
Perhaps listing the things you've tried and the steps taken with them'd help with troubleshooting - do you have ad blocker/script blocker addons that might be causing issues?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6