Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: You are a Minor Lovecraftian Horror 2[7/Inf]  (Read 4698 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
You are a Minor Lovecraftian Horror 2[7/Inf]
« on: November 21, 2016, 04:54:36 pm »

D̠̱̰͉͡A̶̪̟͇Ŕ͓͈K̜͞N̵҉̲̬̬͎Ę̛̣͈S̵̺̮̥̺̺̼̻͔S̲̤̝̲͜ ͍̟̯Í͎͉͚̠̬͎͘Ś̶̘ ̱͚͔̞̪Ų̸͙̳̝̤P͏̴͕O͕̼͇̪̩̼̱̝͓͠Ṇ͍͔̳͈͇͍͔̀͟ ̟͖͕̭̳̺͝T͏̡̰̜͙̯͔͖̼̘͢H̵̨̳̣͓͙͝E҉̰͎̻̯̜̜̪͘͝ͅ ̝̘̻͘͜W̳͙̥̺͓͘͟O̶̥̻̦̫̣̭R̡̯̠͕̣L͡҉̰̟͍D̴̛͎̯̙̭̕

The World has ended yet again. After 96% of the world was killed by a mysterious rapture, a portal has opened up and mysterious minor horrors have tumbled out. You have no followers and no powers right now. But that'll change eventually.

Code: [Select]
Name:
Symbol:
Color:
Description:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 03:43:08 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Minor Lovecraftian Horror 2[0/Inf]
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 04:55:42 pm »

Rules!

Fear!
There is nothing to fear except fear itself
Fear is your ability to do things. There are two kinds of fear. The first kind is active fear. Active fear is the fear you use to do certain actions like creating monsters and infusing terrifying magic into the world. You can also gain fear by causing awe. You gain a certain amount of fear a turn. Fear is accumulated by having followers and horrors of your own. GDF (Gross Domestic Fear) Is that amount of fear spent a turn. The higher it gets, the more likely !!FUN STUFF!! is.

Actions!
Action is the foundational key to all success.
Certain actions cost fear. If you are trying to achieve a big project, then fear can be spent to do it over multiple turns.

Free Actions
  • Using powers
  • Talking and stuff
  • Inflicting horror on someone without a strong willpower
  • Using Magic
  • Teleporting (Less fear income when away from your followers)

Actions That cost points

Magic Systems
Infusing magic into the world will allow taught individuals to use horrifying magic. When magic is created, horrors must teach their followers how to use the magic. When a horror creates a magic system, other horrors must wait three turns until they can use that magic system for their own personal use.

There are currently no magic systems. It is rumored some have been created.

Monsters and Followers
Lets start with the easier one, followers. Followers are your regular bread and butter boring old humans. They are in awe of you and terrified of you. They are drawn to you by fear, and prey to you out of fear. However, when another horror exerts their fear over your followers, your followers may convert. You can assign followers jobs, and you can assign them to do your bidding. You can even imbue followers with power!

Monsters are your monsters that you create. They can be anything, from a mouse with that emits fear over anyone near, or an octopus that can fly and breath regular atmosphere. Monster can be modified with traits which lower or heighten their cost. (When minor horrors are created, they can be given traits) Monsters also exert fear, increasing your fear income. If you need me to price check a certain creation, just give me a description and a list of traits, and I will be happy to price check it.

Coorporation Benefits
2 Horrors: 95% cost
3 Horrors: 85% cost
4 Horrors: 70% cost
5 Horrors: 65% cost
6 Horrors: 60% cost
7 Horrors: 50% cost
8 Horrors: 35% cost
9 Horrors: 25% cost
10 Horrors: 10% cost

Combat of Horrors
Horror damage can be increased with fear. New Horrors have a 2 turn grace period where they can't be killed. If a horror is killed, They can be brought back to life by other gods giving the dead god their fear with a 3:1 conversion rate.

Increased GDF effects
At a certain point, hostile NPC horrors will start appearing. The more GDF, the more powerful these horrors will be. With more GDF, comes more powerful humans wanting to fight back, And more GDF will cause the world to be more chaotic and crazy.

God
A powerful endgame.

Secret Actions
Secret actions can be sent to me in the form of a PM. Secret actions cost 15% more.

Spoiler:  Extra Stuff (click to show/hide)
If you have any suggestions, please tell me!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:30:15 am by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 04:56:10 pm »

Players
Spoiler: Demonic Spoon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Yottawhat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: S34N1C (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Detoxicated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yourmaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dustin Hache (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 03:43:00 pm by tntey »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 04:56:39 pm »

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:37:36 am by tntey »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 05:10:21 pm »

Name: Sightblinder
Symbol: An empty eyesocket
Color: Black
Description: A massive matte black spider. It hates and fears the light, and desires to snuff out and consume it. Near invisible in darkness. Malicious poison constantly drips from its mandibles, poisoning the ground it walks upon.

Remind me, what's the ruling on resistances again? I remember we had some problems about that in the past.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 05:12:39 pm »

Description: A massive matte black spider. It hates and fears the light, and desires to snuff out and consume it. Near invisible in darkness. Malicious poison constantly drips from its mandibles, poisoning the ground it walks upon.

Remind me, what's the ruling on resistances again? I remember we had some problems about that in the past.

They gotta make sense, I reserve the right to say no to op stuff like squids that may or may not exist as a resistance

Also, accepted

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 05:14:21 pm »

They gotta make sense, I reserve the right to say no to op stuff like squids that may or may not exist
Could you please be more specific? Is a weakness to gold fine? A weakness to sunlight? A weakness to seawater? A weakness to salt, A weakness to garlic?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 05:19:30 pm »

They gotta make sense, I reserve the right to say no to op stuff like squids that may or may not exist
Could you please be more specific? Is a weakness to gold fine? A weakness to sunlight? A weakness to seawater? A weakness to salt, A weakness to garlic?

A weakness to anything that would be near impossible for a mortal to get is where I'd draw the line.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 05:21:22 pm »

So those are all fine? Okay.

I notice we don't get powers this time?

Trait Request: Darkness Generation: This creature will generate a large area of darkness around itself. Like several miles worth preferably.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 05:29:07 pm »

Trait Request: Darkness Generation: This creature will generate a large area of darkness around itself. Like several miles worth preferably.
How dark we talking?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 05:30:25 pm »

How dark we talking?
"Consumes all light", "Absolute Darkness" levels preferably. Though maybe have that be the super version and give a second lesser just "moonless night" version for large scale darkness engineering.

EDIT: Rereading the old thread, I see I was fond of "precious metals in specific shapes" weaknesses. Are those fine still?
EDIT2: Possible to stack the Broodmother trait?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:05:48 pm by Demonic Spoon »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 06:08:42 pm »

How dark we talking?
"Consumes all light", "Absolute Darkness" levels preferably. Though maybe have that be the super version and give a second lesser just "moonless night" version for large scale darkness engineering.

EDIT: Rereading the old thread, I see I was fond of "precious metals in specific shapes" weaknesses. Are those fine still?
EDIT2: Possible to stack the Broodmother trait?

Precious metals in certain shapes are fine.

After rereading the traits, I am gonna change some because some of them are very powerful. Also Broodmother can't be stacked.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Minor Lovecraftian Horror 2[1/Inf]
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 06:11:38 pm »

Name: Pelonius
Symbol: A gnarled hand covered with thorns
Color: Purple
Description: A hooded tall figure, whose face is completely shrouded in darkness apart from two very bright, disturbingly human eyes.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:20:32 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 06:33:25 pm »

Name: Frastic
Symbol: A skull covered and in fungal growths.
Color: Green
Description: A human sized stalk of fungus, mushrooms and moss with dozens of pencil thin limbs placed in a irregular pattern.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 08:14:32 pm »

Name: Pelonius
Symbol: A gnarled hand covered with thorns
Color: Purple
Description: A hooded tall figure, whose face is completely shrouded in darkness apart from two very bright, disturbingly human eyes.
Name: Frastic
Symbol: A skull covered and in fungal growths.
Color: Green
Description: A human sized stalk of fungus, mushrooms and moss with dozens of pencil thin limbs placed in a irregular pattern.

Accepted
Pages: [1] 2 3 4