Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65053 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Hey, What Does This Do?
« Reply #510 on: January 31, 2017, 12:54:03 am »

I shift very slightly towards icecat, just for fur, and glance for a rope on the seat matching the command on the picture, if it is there and i can safely put it on, do so. just let the cart finish its orbit, and maintain control, making only tiny adjustments as needed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 31, 2017, 01:43:35 am »

how close is fucking JACK please tell me I can grab him with my tail and glide or run or hell even if he's amazingly close enough to grab we stayed close most of the time right? If I can do so and glide/run do whatever is nesscary to get to safety with jack...noir did not go through all this at least in her mind to have jack die again.
"NO! NO! THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:02:51 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 31, 2017, 07:26:00 am »

If Ebony can now cast normally, and Bind Wounds would not somehow make it worse, she will cast Bind Wounds on herself. She will then look around the room to make sure this one isn't collapsing too.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 31, 2017, 08:36:30 am »

"That really! Really fucking hurt!"

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 31, 2017, 06:44:08 pm »

Cho ja

head back to the collapsing room and check for survivors.

if I can save anyone do so, if not... recover what I can from the cart and leave.

You recover a container of rations, slightly mashed. You'd have to put yourself in a really precarious position to rescue Asiin, who is the only non-zombie left in the room, I believe.

Estemated chance of survival: 5%. I am tempted to assume that Asiin is about to die and go faff about on base with a new character.
She's having a rough time, true. Let's roll for Terrance' revenge, then. Yep, he manages to bash her head with a pole and send her corpse tumbling.  He falls out after her as well and disappears from player knowledge. I believe that leaves Zombie Samuel as the only npc zombie in the area, having climbed up to where Cho and Ebony is.

((This mission, man.  It's amazing how it continually gets worse.))

Welp, Dar will focus his magic into toughening himself for the inevitable collision with something hard, and try to hold on tight to whatever that object is.  There's not much else he can do.
((no kidding. I barely had to try at all.)) Dar finds himself in orbit, Clinging to a tumbling spool of ancient, rusted wire, surrounded by debris. Occasionally, A piece of debris will bounce off him, but he is rather unperturbed about it. He is pretty miserable though, having lost those who he had come to consider himself close to - whether through death or misadventure. he doesn't know whether they live or not, but only that he is alone.

Try not to die and try to get the zombie off me and away from me. Send sprite to call for help. Other than that, presuming dead
((Must say, why would I punch the guy instead of just dropping the thing and letting him have it? Makes no sense to hit him when he is so much stronger))
Failed will roll. Jack was not the only gift given in that diner.
(1) Jack dies to the zombie's attacks. He is dead as a character. his corpse, however, is soon reanimated by Zombiezombie Solam, into a zombie thrall. Still not a character though. But I have to mention it because Noir is trying to reach him.

I shift very slightly towards icecat, just for fur, and glance for a rope on the seat matching the command on the picture, if it is there and i can safely put it on, do so. just let the cart finish its orbit, and maintain control, making only tiny adjustments as needed.
Ther eis a bit of netting attached to the seat. You fiddle with that for a minute before getting it fastened around your furry form. As you near the backside of Lathal (relative to your starting point), you notice a bit of an arc of debris floating about, circling Lathal around what could be described as it's equator. You also notice something like a moon, floating amongst the debris. as you get closer, you realize that it is not a moon, but a creature. it's tendrils reaching out and drawing stuff in from it's surroundings. It is  far enough out and in a different orbital location that you are not at risk of being made into lunch this orbit. And then you pass throug hteh debris field and experience that vertiginous feeling of falling upward again.

how close is fucking JACK please tell me I can grab him with my tail and glide or run or hell even if he's amazingly close enough to grab we stayed close most of the time right? If I can do so and glide/run do whatever is nesscary to get to safety with jack...noir did not go through all this at least in her mind to have jack die again.
"NO! NO! THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!"
You fly right up to him, kick Solam away and grab him, sobbing. he turns toward you and opens his mouth, drawing you into an embrace. You almost let him do so, but jerk back at the last second, horrified, seeing what he has become - the horrible wounds, the vacant stare, the necrosis setting in, his teeth seeking your throat. You kick away from him, heart feeling as if it is being devoured by acid demons.

If Ebony can now cast normally, and Bind Wounds would not somehow make it worse, she will cast Bind Wounds on herself. She will then look around the room to make sure this one isn't collapsing too.
You cast bind wounds, and the hole in your gut seals shut as if it had never been open. You feel drained, hungry, and thirsty, but healthy. You look around. This room is stable.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 31, 2017, 06:50:34 pm »

((gg. Current bet is for a tpk, minus Aylia, who manages to retreat back home without the objective.
Rating: Terrible!))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 31, 2017, 08:18:45 pm »

(((NOIR...LEGIT..
.LEGIT IS GETRING TO STABLE GROUND.AND THEN ASKING DAD TO TAKE HER BACK HOME FOREVER)
As this happens noir shakes...she shakes in rage and....quite frankly despair the darkness magic flaring within her she....was sick of...this....she was sick and tired of this she wanted to go home she hated this realm....all her friends were dying and...she wasent ready....she wasent ready for this realm yet...dad was right....
He....he would take her home if she begged...she was sure of it....she just wanted to go home..
And hug her dad..and mom

Fly....fly back to solid ground noir is done...she's done here...she won't deal with this anymore....she is going to beg her dad to take her back...saying the below
"...D-Dad...I'm sorry...I'm...sorry I...Left I was wrong.
.I-I wasent ready....I wasent ready and I just wanna go home...now...I'm sorry you were right...I shoulda stayed home...P-Please take me back home dad...I-I just want to go back home now...P-Please dad I love you."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 31, 2017, 11:43:29 pm »

Can Dar see the cart that's out here anywhere?  Does he feel injured?  Are his magical reserves low?  If the answer to all of these questions is "no", he'll buff his legs as much as he can, take aim, and try to leap back to the main... structure, or whatever it is.  While in flight, he'll make an effort to try and land on his feet, fighting the strong winds, and try to maintain his toughness buff for the (hopefully inevitable) crash.

And if he does somehow get back to solid ground, he's gonna try to make sure he's in a stable area.  Because I guess that's been our main mistake.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 01, 2017, 01:16:16 am »

Keep the cart stable and on course. avoid debris. I would say to avoid the debris field entirely, but that doesn't appear to be an option. You said I feel like I'm falling up. which way is up? no seriously, there's a lot of different ways "upwards" could mean, with my situation. one of which is towards that 'moon'. and I need to know.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 02, 2017, 07:39:45 pm »

(((NOIR...LEGIT..
.LEGIT IS GETRING TO STABLE GROUND.AND THEN ASKING DAD TO TAKE HER BACK HOME FOREVER)
As this happens noir shakes...she shakes in rage and....quite frankly despair the darkness magic flaring within her she....was sick of...this....she was sick and tired of this she wanted to go home she hated this realm....all her friends were dying and...she wasent ready....she wasent ready for this realm yet...dad was right....
He....he would take her home if she begged...she was sure of it....she just wanted to go home..
And hug her dad..and mom

Fly....fly back to solid ground noir is done...she's done here...she won't deal with this anymore....she is going to beg her dad to take her back...saying the below
"...D-Dad...I'm sorry...I'm...sorry I...Left I was wrong.
.I-I wasent ready....I wasent ready and I just wanna go home...now...I'm sorry you were right...I shoulda stayed home...P-Please take me back home dad...I-I just want to go back home now...P-Please dad I love you."

Will roll (5) Noir thinks of those she has lost, and those she has not. They need her. Aylia needs her. Dar needs her ... Dar. is that Dar there? He is leaping to the ground! But he's so far from the others. Noir leaps after him. She won't give up just yet. Not until the others are safe. In her hurry, however, Noir misjudges teh distance ot the ground. It comes up quickly, suddenly, and the world goes black. (not dead)

Can Dar see the cart that's out here anywhere?  Does he feel injured?  Are his magical reserves low?  If the answer to all of these questions is "no", he'll buff his legs as much as he can, take aim, and try to leap back to the main... structure, or whatever it is.  While in flight, he'll make an effort to try and land on his feet, fighting the strong winds, and try to maintain his toughness buff for the (hopefully inevitable) crash.

And if he does somehow get back to solid ground, he's gonna try to make sure he's in a stable area.  Because I guess that's been our main mistake.
Dar gathers up his reserves, tenses, aims, and leaps. the ground rushes up below him, but it also rushes sideways. he isn't going to hit where he aimed at all. He braces for impact, which comes like thunder. Dar sees stars. Shaking his head, he looks around. He is in a narrow depression in the surface. Not much to see here. He climbs out slowly, just in time to see Noir hit. She goes limp, and bounces, then slides his way.

Keep the cart stable and on course. avoid debris. I would say to avoid the debris field entirely, but that doesn't appear to be an option. You said I feel like I'm falling up. which way is up? no seriously, there's a lot of different ways "upwards" could mean, with my situation. one of which is towards that 'moon'. and I need to know.
Think of the debris field like the rings of Saturn, and the moonthingy to be like one of the smaller ringmoons. You have passed through the rings, and 'up' is toward the north pole, away from the rings. before you passed through the rings, you were falling 'down' toward them. Now you are falling 'up' away from them. the carts were falling 'Down' when they passed by your starting location so you feel that you need to wait until you pass the top of the world before you get back full circle. however, it might be a good idea to land when you are closest to top (north pole), because you will be going slowest then.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 02, 2017, 10:14:47 pm »

Dar'yajira groans as he uncurls himself, starting to stand on his sore legs.  He looks around the little divot that he landed in, and seeing that he's nowhere near his allies, he mutters darkly to himself as he climbs out of the hole "Nnnhh... Rhoguriit.  Dar'yajira vardarse jaa-".

He interrupts himself just as he crests the edge of the pit, seeing a familiar streak of gold falling to what passes for the earth here.  He yells "No!", and immediately charges forward to meet her, his exhaustion and wounds forgotten.  He continually repeats that exclamation over and over as he watches his friend crash into the ground, the relatively short distance he has to travel feeling like miles to the wounded feline.

Dar will struggle over to Noir, and inspect her.  He refuses to believe she's dead, so he'll just lick at her face, trying to get her to wake up.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 02, 2017, 11:16:11 pm »

Cho Ja

Leave the ration pack with ebony and try to find a stable landing point for the second cart.
if none are apparent nearby try heading upstairs and checking the floor above.
(likely via the amphitheatre)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 03, 2017, 04:52:53 am »

is the team before or after crossing the south pole? if after, then i'll keep going at least until then because it'll slow to the same degree down there and I still don't know what happened to my team. If before though, then.. if I see a good spot, then I'll glide the cart in at the north pole for a landing.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 03, 2017, 07:36:12 am »

"Maybe it's best to stick together. Who knows what's still in here?" Ebony says, attempting to get to her feet.

So. Really hungry and thirsty, and tired, but not dead. If she can move, Ebony would pick up the ration pack and follow Cho. Probably best not to split the party when the party is so split already.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 03, 2017, 01:32:04 pm »

Can......I feel anything sense anything anything I could grab to help myself? Just don't give up now...
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49