Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65036 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #465 on: January 22, 2017, 01:53:17 am »

Before the cart cimes I need to figure out what went wrong with flying lizard and to collect enough rope to reach the carts. Do the other rope-related plans have the same problem? Is any rope available for use? Also, I'll carefully retry shifting to flying lizard, trying to figure out what went wrong with that.

If I can't get enough rope, then my plan will have to change to simply getting myself on the cart and I'll use the cycle to figure out the controls.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 22, 2017, 10:08:24 am »

Cho ja

Before carts arrive;
drink my water ration.
make more silk rope for the cart catchers.
bag up those locusts.
make sure the bird is secured.

when cart arrives, help with the rope pulling.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 22, 2017, 03:54:19 pm »

Dar will try to hunt down one of those birds that he was trying to catch last turn.  More food is good.  If caught and killed, he'll bring the corpse to Aylia.  Cats are good at going without food, Shifters are not.

...Also, you didn't ask me, but adding more mass to an orbiting object will reduce the speed of said object, unless you also imparted more energy when adding the mass.  I was under the impression that the spell Loki wanted to use doesn't actually add water, but those are the words you used.  When I saw his action, I figured it would slow the cart by making it experience friction, since orbiting doesn't work so well when you're submerged, at least, assuming the fluid you're submerged in isn't also in orbit.  Haven't you played a good bunch of Kerbal Space Program?  I thought it was a great method for learning orbital physics.

...Oh, and yeah, Ready.  Dar doesn't have much he can do for the cart.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 22, 2017, 03:57:39 pm »

((The space outside has air in it, so the carts should already be experiencing friction. Loki's spell would cause additional friction, however.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 22, 2017, 04:00:23 pm »

Before the action, I'll eat some bugs just to be sure.
Also I'm not sure if you remember the woeful water spell right. It doesn't simply at water, it makes objects act if they're in water although they're not. Ideal for example to freak out creatures.
I'm not sure how heavy the cart is and how much surface area the cart has which would matter a lot in slowing it down. Maybe it's still a bit confusing. Imagine pushing for example a shoppingcart from a bridge in the water. While in the air it will reach a certain velocity. It will then however slow down by the impact on the water and would then more slowly (more slowly then in the air atleast) sink to the bottom of the river (if our cart isn't acting like a brick and just quickly sink to the bottom (the shape and weight is therefore important)). Also what Egan says. That's how I'm trying to slow it down.
When the carts arrive I would do what I explained above (except if you as GM tell me that that action wouldn't do much due to the shape and weight of the cart). I would also help with the rope pulling.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:02:00 pm by Loki987 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 22, 2017, 04:55:10 pm »

((Edited some conditionals into my action, based on possible answers to my question.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 22, 2017, 09:38:59 pm »

Ready.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 23, 2017, 09:45:14 pm »

Noir gives a squeak of pain she...breathes looking at the wings and at her own wings.....She needed to fix this somehow...she needed to fix her wing and whatever was wrong with this cart..she hit a lever she knew she hit a lever...but first she needed to fix her wing or she would be doomed if it all went right.

Noir breathed relaxing deep breathing deep she needed to be better to help her friends she needed to  so she could get back to jack and aylia and her friends.
"I-I cant die here...I need to fix myself here I wont lose here...C-Come on wing I need you to work."
Use my holy magic channeling my thoughts of wanting to protect my friends and wanting to survive so I can continue to protect my friends....and jack especially jack.....also try to figure out((don't touch anything unless I am in immediate danger of death) what I hit to make the cart do this.[/b]
Pain fades and hope rises. You wiggle your wing. It seems okay, though sore. Probably best not to stress it for a while, but it isn't sending stabbing pain into your shoulder anymore. It feels a little crooked, like the bone wasn't properly set.

Ready, Nothing I can do
noted.

Question before I take my action - I can't remember if I've asked this, but can I cast through my Shadow Observer?

If Yes: Shadow Observer to get to Noir. Noticing the situation, Ebony would try to use Bind Wounds.

If No: See if I can replicate the ice-wall effect of Freeze, blocking the path of the carts from exiting the area once they get into the area we can reach them.
you cast shadow observer and get one shadow underneath the cart. It peers slowly out from underneath to glimpse some clothe - probably the cover of the cart. It doesn't see Noir yet, so you can't use it to cast bind wounds this round.

So, you want to suddenly stop an orbiting object with an immobile wall of ice?

Before the cart cimes I need to figure out what went wrong with flying lizard and to collect enough rope to reach the carts. Do the other rope-related plans have the same problem? Is any rope available for use? Also, I'll carefully retry shifting to flying lizard, trying to figure out what went wrong with that.

If I can't get enough rope, then my plan will have to change to simply getting myself on the cart and I'll use the cycle to figure out the controls.

Your best guess is that you were rushed and had not practiced the lizard form much, if at all (don't remember if you have yet). I've been adding all the ropes together: your one + the one the others retrieved + Cho's manufactured one == 150 ft. your string is another 150 ft. By the way, what happens to the cart when you hook the rope to it? or, what happens to the rope?

You settle your thoughts and shift into lizard form. it is slow going, and you get there just as the cart is coming into view.

Cho ja

Before carts arrive;
drink my water ration.
make more silk rope for the cart catchers.
bag up those locusts.
make sure the bird is secured.

when cart arrives, help with the rope pulling.

you drink your ration and gain one orbit to not die of thirst.
you've made all you can of silk rope for this orbit. That roll was for the whole time
You secure the bird. Do you have a bag in inventory? I don't see one, so bagging the locusts is out.

Dar will try to hunt down one of those birds that he was trying to catch last turn.  More food is good.  If caught and killed, he'll bring the corpse to Aylia.  Cats are good at going without food, Shifters are not.

...Also, you didn't ask me, but adding more mass to an orbiting object will reduce the speed of said object, unless you also imparted more energy when adding the mass.  I was under the impression that the spell Loki wanted to use doesn't actually add water, but those are the words you used.  When I saw his action, I figured it would slow the cart by making it experience friction, since orbiting doesn't work so well when you're submerged, at least, assuming the fluid you're submerged in isn't also in orbit.  Haven't you played a good bunch of Kerbal Space Program?  I thought it was a great method for learning orbital physics.

...Oh, and yeah, Ready.  Dar doesn't have much he can do for the cart.
adding mass to an orbiting body only changes the inertia of the body, unless the mass is moving at a different speed, and in the opposite direction of orbit. So more mass means the cart would plow more thoroughly through an obstruction, add ore strain to a restraint, such as a rope, and make the object in general less maneuverable. Samuel's spell is untested in terms of inertial frames of reference, but since the spell seems to trigger within the body of the target, the water would simply seem to appear within and around the cart, moving at the same speed and in the same direction as the cart. it's a good try though, and i applaud his attempt.

Friction, on the other hand ... that bears thinking on.

Before the action, I'll eat some bugs just to be sure.
Also I'm not sure if you remember the woeful water spell right. It doesn't simply at water, it makes objects act if they're in water although they're not. Ideal for example to freak out creatures.
I'm not sure how heavy the cart is and how much surface area the cart has which would matter a lot in slowing it down. Maybe it's still a bit confusing. Imagine pushing for example a shoppingcart from a bridge in the water. While in the air it will reach a certain velocity. It will then however slow down by the impact on the water and would then more slowly (more slowly then in the air atleast) sink to the bottom of the river (if our cart isn't acting like a brick and just quickly sink to the bottom (the shape and weight is therefore important)). Also what Egan says. That's how I'm trying to slow it down.
When the carts arrive I would do what I explained above (except if you as GM tell me that that action wouldn't do much due to the shape and weight of the cart). I would also help with the rope pulling.

hmm. act as if they are in water .... submerged. Hmm. Okay, I'm good with that explanation.

you eat some bugs. They are crunchy. You feel slightly more sated.

Ready.
K.

The cart swings into view, rotating slowly. You see it from the bottom. It's wings are extended. Not long after, the second cart appears as well, falling top forward, with it's front toward the building. You have one round.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 23, 2017, 11:47:00 pm »

"How long have we been here? Feels... too long."

Drink water ration.
Check the number of orbits before dehydration starts. If we don't have the cart by the time there's one orbit left, I'll want to use Jack's or Aylia's sprite to call for evac. Waiting for the last moment is a recipe for disaster.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 23, 2017, 11:58:53 pm »

Dar is probably just sleeping somewhere safe at this point.

As for the Putrid Water spell, no it wouldn't change the total energy, but it would slow the cart.  While that wouldn't be at all helpful for preventing the rope from breaking, it would cause the orbit to decay, yes?  I suppose gravity is definitely not the reason the cart is orbiting, since it's still within atmosphere, but still.  As for the Woeful Water spell, if it appears in the same inertial reference frame, but does also add mass (...does it?), then Samuel's spell is essentially creating extra energy without extra cost.  Cast it on a bullet, and suddenly you'll have created an extremely high energy wall.  It would be useless for stopping a charging opponent, and thinking about it, might actually improve your own charges?

...Then again, since we're discussing orbital mechanics, maybe this starts to imply a universal stillpoint, which is probably even worse.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 24, 2017, 01:11:43 am »

Try to get the Sprite To call for Evac,  work with egan Go eat and drink rationa.

Jack would take several deep breaths
"We've been here...for too long, yes...Noir, please get outand back to safety...let's just get out of here alive."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:13:37 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 24, 2017, 02:17:58 am »

"Guysss please help my wings bone feels....I'm not sure if I can fly over there.....Please do something I'm in the cart with the wings!"
Could I jump from the cart to the others without much danger could I glide down there even with one messed up wing? could I easily maneuver the cart to land? if so do it. ((also yeah noir Ive kinda figured Noir dosent need to drink or eat she lived in a void with her father for her whole life and I don't imagine there was much food there  besides something that tthey would maybe get once in a while which is why noir hasent really tried to eat or drink any))thing cause she dosent feel bothered.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:02:17 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 24, 2017, 04:02:06 am »

Since Noir already has one cart ready to land and just needs to glide it down and stop it safely, and I don't have enough rope to work with anyway, I'll just fly to the non-winged cart and begin examining the contents and controls, making sure the contentd are still there and learning how to control it to land thd thing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 24, 2017, 10:17:41 am »

Cancel Shadow-Observer. Once Noir gets the cart down, attempt Bind Wounds on her wing. Then, rations.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 24, 2017, 03:45:47 pm »

Still helping with the rope, if I can.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 49