Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65037 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #450 on: January 20, 2017, 09:09:23 pm »

"S-shit! Are you alright?! Guys let's get Noir back!"
Go get something to eat and help anyone trying to get Noir back
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:43:41 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 20, 2017, 10:35:51 pm »

Cho ja

catch and eat some locusts, try to catch more than I eat and share them with those hungry enough to eat them.

also make some cups by smearing tree sap on the bottom and sides of my bottle then crystallizing it into amber. distribute these for water sharing purposes.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 21, 2017, 12:07:13 am »

"This is... somewhat unhelpful. Perhaps the only remaining option is to attempt extraction."

Somehow I don't think that my healing powers include some kind of OP healing sniper rifle, so there's not much I can help with right now. Unless enough time has passed to do something more about Aylia's limb.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2017, 01:43:34 am »

"H-Help! m-My..s-shoulder..I-I guys I'm worried one of my wings is messed up!"
Get into that damn cart pull myself in using my tail and my non fucked arm do whatever I need to to get into that cart.
((noir needs help ;-;))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2017, 01:59:35 am »

In Aylia's inventory "rope" and "more rope" are adjacent to each other. in the initiall inventory request they were spread out becausd that list was organized by priority, and Aylia's inventory is organized by location, but multiple ropes are there.

The string is just a leader. its there to pull the rope to me, not to pull the cart at all.

Since crow isnt working out, ill try flying lizard, or if that doesnt work then sprite (non-star), but in any case I need to find a safe flying form to do this in.

I will take a break from attempts to be healed again if asiin is ready.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2017, 02:02:33 am »

"Crap! Stay safe! Please...please don't die."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 21, 2017, 02:10:54 pm »

Still helping with rope.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 21, 2017, 02:44:19 pm »

I will help Aylia, when the cart passes I'll use woeful water (the spell) (reminder this spell makes stuff act as if they're submerged in water, this should only affect the cart and not Lenglon). The cart should go less fast and when the rope is attached to the cart it should be less likely to break, it would stop less abrubt, because due to the water effect. Also I guess drinking putrid water (you know the spell where I puke out water) is a terrible idea? Also can my teammates drink the water I naturally shed (in the discription it sais Samuel drips water constantly)?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 21, 2017, 04:03:15 pm »

Dar'yajira will happily accept some of Samuel's water, thanking him graciously for it.  He won't drink too much, since he requires much less water than his larger compatriots.  Also, he'll try and catch some of the avian creatures that Unholy inadvertently summoned with his bug spell.

((ATH, please remember that Noir is our best healer.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 21, 2017, 04:10:35 pm »

((I know dar but noir healing herself never seems to work out and icly noir would not try to heal her own arm right here when shes in such danger when she gets in the cart though shell give it a try I don't want noir to die either ;-;))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 21, 2017, 08:32:01 pm »

((Sorry, in this instance I'm just not sure what Ebony can do to help. With the rope at least, Ebony has -1 Strength I'm worried she'll roll a 1 and get pulled off with the carts if she tries helping with the ropes, and unlike Noir, Ebony can't fly.))

Ebony would only drink what she required - no big gulps here, others need some too.

Also, would the magic-ice-melting thing work?
((asking questions IC like this can be a surprisingly big help. Ebony is a thinker. She might see things others don't, and some of yor questions could have let me share some info with the team that I wouldn't otherwise give. Plus, it helps to let the GM kow yo uare actively trying to help, even if that is by standing out of the way and tryign to come up with a better plan.))

Ebony is sufficiently watered this round. three orbits left before she experiences dehydration.
Freeze is more about temperature than creating water, though she did get a full wall of ice tat one time. But that ice did not melt into a hallway full of water, so no, making water via the freeze spell won't work.

Hmm. Here are two options from your spellbooks that could help: obscuring mist could generate water to an extent. it would need to be collected though. also, Shadow Observer could get you back into contact with Noir on the cart. Ebony and Samuel are the smartest active characters in the mission, by stats, whereas  Noir has -2 in intelligence, and is in very real danger of driving the cart directly into something's mouth. the -1 general knowledge isn't helping her either, in this case. (Samuel has +1 in Gen kow, everyone else has 0 at best, it seems). Yuo feel me here?

"S-shit! Are you alright?! Guys let's get Noir back!"
Go get something to eat and help anyone trying to get Noir back
(5) you remember that all your food is on the cart. You take three steps toward teh open air before remembering that the carts are not there and that stepping out now would put you into orbit pointlessly. Your stomach growls.

Cho ja

catch and eat some locusts, try to catch more than I eat and share them with those hungry enough to eat them.

also make some cups by smearing tree sap on the bottom and sides of my bottle then crystallizing it into amber. distribute these for water sharing purposes.

You create a hefty little pile of locusts at your feet. You even catch a bid that got disoriented in the swarm. You get one small cup made of sap and place it on the floor for Dar to drink from.

"This is... somewhat unhelpful. Perhaps the only remaining option is to attempt extraction."

Somehow I don't think that my healing powers include some kind of OP healing sniper rifle, so there's not much I can help with right now. Unless enough time has passed to do something more about Aylia's limb.
yes, enough time has passed for you to do something with Aylia's limb. I mentioned this in the last turn. No, you don't have a healing sniper rifle capable of firing through a giant metal building floating in Sky to hit a moving target you don;t even know is injured. You heal Aylia as well as you can. it's still stiff, and will take two more orbits to be fully healed, but it is less sore and finicky than before.

"H-Help! m-My..s-shoulder..I-I guys I'm worried one of my wings is messed up!"
Get into that damn cart pull myself in using my tail and my non fucked arm do whatever I need to to get into that cart.
((noir needs help ;-;))
It was a wing that broke, not an arm, you have both arms. Let's see. Dexterity -1. You climb into the cart, kicking a lever on the way. Now, how does this affect the cart ... lucky you, you triggered the wings, which fold out from under the chasis suddenly, jerking the cart suddenly upright and throwing you roughly into the back, further aggravating your wing.

In Aylia's inventory "rope" and "more rope" are adjacent to each other. in the initiall inventory request they were spread out becausd that list was organized by priority, and Aylia's inventory is organized by location, but multiple ropes are there.

The string is just a leader. its there to pull the rope to me, not to pull the cart at all.

Since crow isnt working out, ill try flying lizard, or if that doesnt work then sprite (non-star), but in any case I need to find a safe flying form to do this in.

I will take a break from attempts to be healed again if asiin is ready.

Okay, that gets you another 50 ft. And thank you for keeping track of your inventory. I warned you guys about that :P
That leaves you still 100 ft shy of tethering the cart. But you can certainly get the rope into the cart using the string method.
Asiin heals up your hand again. it's still stiff and sore, and could be a problem with fine motions or extended strain, but is mostly functional now. In two cart orbits, it'll be healed up.

Something goes weird with your flying lizard transfomation and you get a little dizzy, forcing you back into your normal form (before fully transforming) and delaying your test flight in that form. Normal sprite is right out though, as it is smaller than crow form and more at the mercy of the winds.

Still helping with rope.
you get all the rope spliced together and make a nice little adjustable harness with the end of the string.

I will help Aylia, when the cart passes I'll use woeful water (the spell) (reminder this spell makes stuff act as if they're submerged in water, this should only affect the cart and not Lenglon). The cart should go less fast and when the rope is attached to the cart it should be less likely to break, it would stop less abrubt, because due to the water effect. Also I guess drinking putrid water (you know the spell where I puke out water) is a terrible idea? Also can my teammates drink the water I naturally shed (in the discription it sais Samuel drips water constantly)?
Why would adding water to a cart falling through the sky cause it to slow down? putrid water ... you could certainly try it. I'm not stopping you. It would be a terrible crime against hte GM code to stop such an action.

As for the water you naturally drip ... well, they'd have to try it and see, wouldn't they?

Dar'yajira will happily accept some of Samuel's water, thanking him graciously for it.  He won't drink too much, since he requires much less water than his larger compatriots.  Also, he'll try and catch some of the avian creatures that Unholy inadvertently summoned with his bug spell.

((ATH, please remember that Noir is our best healer.))
Cho gives you a littel sap saucer and Samuel pours out a small puddle for you, which you drink gratefully, licking the saucer dry. Between youerself and Ebony, yuo have drunk 1/2 a bottle of Smauel's water. Tht leaves 1 1/2 bottles left for Jack, Cho, and Asiin.

If ready for the cart, start your action with the word Ready. Otherewise say: before the cart comes [insert action] You don't have much time left before this orbit completes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 21, 2017, 08:33:14 pm »

((I know dar but noir healing herself never seems to work out and icly noir would not try to heal her own arm right here when shes in such danger when she gets in the cart though shell give it a try I don't want noir to die either ;-;))

((That's way too many words to type without punctuation. To the point that I can barely tell what you're talking about.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 21, 2017, 08:58:30 pm »

Noir gives a squeak of pain she...breathes looking at the wings and at her own wings.....She needed to fix this somehow...she needed to fix her wing and whatever was wrong with this cart..she hit a lever she knew she hit a lever...but first she needed to fix her wing or she would be doomed if it all went right.

Noir breathed relaxing deep breathing deep she needed to be better to help her friends she needed to  so she could get back to jack and aylia and her friends.
"I-I cant die here...I need to fix myself here I wont lose here...C-Come on wing I need you to work."
Use my holy magic channeling my thoughts of wanting to protect my friends and wanting to survive so I can continue to protect my friends....and jack especially jack.....also try to figure out((don't touch anything unless I am in immediate danger of death) what I hit to make the cart do this.[/b]

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 21, 2017, 09:15:31 pm »

Ready, Nothing I can do
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 21, 2017, 09:33:43 pm »

Question before I take my action - I can't remember if I've asked this, but can I cast through my Shadow Observer?

If Yes: Shadow Observer to get to Noir. Noticing the situation, Ebony would try to use Bind Wounds.

If No: See if I can replicate the ice-wall effect of Freeze, blocking the path of the carts from exiting the area once they get into the area we can reach them.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:46:05 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49