Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65014 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #420 on: January 16, 2017, 04:13:23 pm »

"So, one cannot control magic nor predict it entirely from person to person?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 16, 2017, 05:53:11 pm »

Welp eat, hang out with Noir, go help hook the carts
you get hungrier. the food is on the carts. You go down the stairs into the rubble strewn room and climb forward to the edge that is exposed to the outside. When you finally see the cart start drifting by, you swing your grappling hook and toss. the cart is too far. You miss.

Upon Asiin and Noir finishing their little test, the team cat pads over to the rat corpse and sniffs at it.  His ears fold back and he glares at Asiin, indignantly saying "This one brought fresh-kill as gift.  Not toy to torture and discard like twoleg..."  He then leaves, wandering into the darkness.

Dar'yajira would spend his time exploring the local area, and trying to hunt for food.  If he kills a decent number of things, he'll bring something back to Aylia as a gift--but the ungrateful healers get nothing.
you find much of the same that you have encountered so far: storage rooms, machinery, ducts. You note that the area below the ampitheater gallery is comprised largely of long, empty rooms supported by concrete pillars. The only signs of life besides your party that you find are from the creatures outside the building. The little thing you caught must have strayed inside for some reason.

thank you, my concerns are completely aleviated, retcon request retracted. Aylia will just rest and eat and acquire her star sprite, talking to it and learning more about her partner.
you eat enough to alleviate your hunger, feed your starsprite, and chat. She's a funny little thing, talking about the darkness of the void, the rings of the planet and the life in there, and the sizes of various starts, their color, and their music. half of what she says sounds like complete nonsense to you. And when you ask for clarification of some of it, you get repetition, or confusion, or tangential conversation.

Ebony would have eaten something while waiting.

(You know, I'm not sure if Ebony *should* help with the carts. -1 Strength, not sure if she'd be more help or hurt.)
Well, she would have, but all the food is on the carts.

Solam would have just hung around Terrance during the wait. Get those carts.
Solam has no idea where Terrance is right now. yo ufollow Jack down the stairs and out to the edge of the world. How are you gonna get the carts? Just reach waaaaaaaay out there and grab one? speak, friend, and enter remote command mode? jump?

"I am glad that we did not attempt that on Aylia."

Small things dying is acceptable. I am an animal-person from a tribal society, so this isn't a big deal to me.

Think about what caused this feedback on a Force-interaction level. The different spells seem to conflict an awful lot, for Forces that seem essentially similar. I may want to ask Noir about the Spheres associated with her healing magic (during the timeskip.)

Also figure out if I got some lunch on me.

No lunch, all the food is on the carts. As for the feedback - well, living things grow and reproduce and bits of their blood die to block wounds, and there are a bunch of othr things going on, and everything is in balance and harmony. Magical healing attempts to rebalance a broken system. It's not as simple as "broken bone? fix bone. Done" magic essentially gives thousands of tiny little commands to the body, and acts as the agent to carry out those commands. And this requires that the healer is in tune with the being being healed as well.  this is tricky enough when there is one healer. but having two healers is like having two kings issuing orders to one kingdom, usually without knowledge of the other. the orders cross, are redundant, or otherwise interfere with each other. Sometimes one spell undoes the work another does, sometimes one spell overdoes the work another does, and sometimes the two collide in unique and alarming fashions.

but healing can be done by multiple healers. they just need to act together rather than independently. this can, if the healers can work together, provide a boost to the single healing attempt.

You also note that a second attempt at healing by a single healer typically yields dramatically diminishing returns, until both the healer and the patient have had time to realign, and to bleed off errant magical energies.

Samuel uses the time skip to climb down and try to look at the thing. He makes sure he can climb up. He doesn't go somewhere where he's gonna be trapped. Consider that he could use his (magical) ball and chain (that's lighter for him and that can stretch) as a climbing rope.
I have a question. Samuel can teleport when he's in water remember. I was just wondering does he need to be completely submerged or can he stand in for example a bucket of water and still teleport?

(The cart thing's gonna take a long time, heh. I hope they'll use a flying character and stuff. Anyway Samuel still doesn't mingle in that situation.)
you walk down the stairs for an hour and a half. The thing looms higher and higher as you go. It is eerily quiet in here. The galleries slowly become wider the further down you go. You encounter no obstructions at all on the stairway, which is one long, unbroken chain of stairs between galleries. At about an hour and a half, you turn around and begin the long climb back up. it takes about twice as long, and your legs are burning when you finally return.

you have to be submerged. it's drowning magic, after all.

You have approximately one round to catch the carts before they drift by and are gone for another twelve hours. No one but Aylia has eaten in a full day. No one but Aylia and Samuel has drunk anything in a full day. In less than three orbits of the cart, dehydration is gonna start kicking in for most of you.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 16, 2017, 05:55:40 pm »

Give Noir the hook and rope and be ready to help her
"Guys help me here!"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:09:46 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 16, 2017, 06:11:17 pm »

I continue to rest and observe, If we miss on this pass I'll be joining in during the next pass's attempt - have a plan that will require the timeskip to implement.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 16, 2017, 07:01:01 pm »

Noir breathes slowly quietly and then nervously moves a hand asking for the rope. "guys im moving up there if something goes wrong......just keep an eye on me...jack hand me the hook"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 16, 2017, 07:09:41 pm »

Go watch Noir fly, and try to guide her.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 16, 2017, 07:10:05 pm »

"Stay safe, please stay safe."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 16, 2017, 07:23:02 pm »

"Stay safe, please stay safe."
Noir turns to jack a smile crossing her face as she takes the hook carefully and flaps her wings giving jack a kiss before shegoes to fly up and attach the hook and hopefully bring it down.
take jacks hook and rope fly up to the carts and attach the hook and rope.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 16, 2017, 07:31:38 pm »

Jack would give a light smile watching as she'd fly off
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 17, 2017, 02:07:26 pm »

Hope that Noir can bring back both carts without delay or trouble.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2017, 10:26:15 pm »

If they manage to hook the carts and not let them float off, Identify Magic on them. See if there's a spell making them float around or if it's something else.

((I hope I'm not just being stupid here, but I'm assuming that there's some reason the carts are orbiting now rather than on the ground as they apparently were at the start))

Edit: Nevermind, I misinterpreted a few things.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:53:15 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 17, 2017, 10:28:28 pm »

((Just because physics, I think? This is space that we're in.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2017, 10:31:26 pm »

((That's what's confusing me then - why are they floating now, but they weren't in the start of the mission? Unless I missed something and they were tied down to the floor and I've just really got to pay better attention.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 17, 2017, 10:36:47 pm »

((They were indoors then? Apparently this place has some artificial gravity of some kind, because we seem to stand at a 90 degree angle from the "ground."))
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49