Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 65002 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair: Complete Collapse
« Reply #390 on: January 13, 2017, 03:11:59 pm »

Oz, Aylia can't accept bandaging. It will come off as soon as she shifts, which is literally the very next thing she's going to be doing.

"That'd be very helpful Noir, I need to be back in action immediately, and I can't afford a lame wing or paw."
I hate to be the one pointing this out but Aylia has a hyperspeed metabolism, part of why she wanted to carry extra rations. How much worse off is she than the rest?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 13, 2017, 03:40:52 pm »

((Yes, go ahead and ignore my warnings. Cross the spheres, I'm sure it will be fine.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2017, 04:29:45 pm »

(((From what I heard ebony didnet even get to do it successfully? So I assumed it kinda didn't happen.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2017, 07:00:59 pm »

Try to hook the cart as it passes by

-snip-
anyway, living wooden leg. Now, as for hooking the cart, see the bottom o the post.

"I am... uncertain. How that magic would interact with the Force that I put there, dragon. Perhaps it would be a good idea to test outside a living subject how these Forces interact."

Try to get Noir to put a burst of her magic into some scrap metal, then put a burst of my own in. Observe how explosive and/or synergetic the resulting Force cocktail is.

Also. Aylia's wound stays the same absolute size as she transforms, rather than retaining the same size relative to the form's size? I'd be somewhat concerned if she took a wound and then turned into a tiny fairy. Might end up slightly disemboweled. Conversely, she might be able to mostly nullify normal wounds by taking on a larger size. This is certainly interesting from a medical point of view.

It didn't stay the same size quite, but it didn't get as much smaller as Aylia did. Dar drops some weird, damaged little creature at your feet to test on instead of a completely lifeless piece of steel, since that would be a useless test of healing magic, and I don't want to make everyone wait another turn to figure this out.

Erm, what? Oz, how did the wound get bigger when I shifted? If wounds having an absolute size instead of relative ones was a thing, then Aylia should have liquified when she shifted out of Superhuge Frost Cat form to normalsize frost cat form after the Surprise Hurricane incident. It also makes zero sense to me. Also, I made a point of waiting to shift until after the obstruction was gone, so it couldnt rip the wound during the shift, AND on top of ALL of that, the shifting was specifically to make healing via Ebony's spell EASIER. If itstarted to cause a problem or make things worse Aylia would indtantly abort the shift because its common sense.
Once you were far enough in for the issue to manifest, it was too late to abort the shift, since you were reverting to your normal form. the wound doses not have an absolute size - the hole was smaller than the arrow in Aylia form. However, Aylia definitely notices the same issue you just did: She's lucky to be alive after Surprise Hurricane, and you can't use shapeshifting as a de facto medical procedure. It could have unexpected results. Which, now that you think about it, is exactly what giant frost cat form was to begin with.

If anyone seems to need assistance with something physical, asses the situation and help where possible.
Bow Chika Bow Wow. Ladies.

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Metal Cat

Dar'yajira will sit near Aylia, finishing his attunement to her.  He's not exactly full of initiative, so he isn't gonna help with the rope unless someone asks him.
I'm gonna do you one better and summon a Convenient Plot Rat for you to catch. You catch it and drop it's twitching body at Asiin's feet to use as a test subject. Please note that this is not a normal rat - it's some kind of denizen of the building you are in - one of the first you've seen, actually. Non-sapient, probably. Oh, you are atuned to Aylia afterthe time skip, Which I am also doing this round since everyone is just waiting for the carts to come by.

First, I drink a bottle of water (9 bottles left). Then I try to sneakily move towards the giant thing (just to be sure). If I'm closer and I can make out details. I'll try to see what it is.
water drunk. it's refreshing! You walk all the way to the edge of the concourse you are on and lean waaaaaaay over. Nothing. no clue. You could mount an expedition down the galleries during the time skip if you like. That'll get you at least a little closer.

heal Aylias hand up with my holy magic but first put my magic into the scrap metal with that other person before healing Aylia with it...If it explodes or something don't heal Aylia with my holy magic also Consider whether or not I need to eat to live.
Noir focuses relaxing her mind relaxing her body...Her concern for Aylia flowing through her and the friendship she felt towards her she put this forth into her holy magic and smiled warmly at Aylia noir was determined to make sure one that she cared about would be alright.
Asiin brings you a small, wounded creature. Some fluid is dripping off Asiin's front flipper or whatever. Hard to see in this light. Anyway, she does her magic bit and the thing seems to recover a bit. The fluid stops dripping and the things legs  stop twitching and stat moving more rhythmically. So you then concentrate and add your magic to the mix: At first, the creature calms, but suddenly, it starts twitching wildly and letting out a long, quiet high pitched whistle.  it ... changes, somehow. Asiin drops it in surprise, and you all stare at it in horror as it sheds fur,, grows a couple of extra leg bits and eyes, and tears out of it's skin in a couple of spots as internal organs grow beyond capacity. the thing goes silent, shudders, and relaxes completely, oozing pus and fluids into the dust. You look at Aylia, Eyes wide, and burst into tears.

Oz, Aylia can't accept bandaging. It will come off as soon as she shifts, which is literally the very next thing she's going to be doing.

"That'd be very helpful Noir, I need to be back in action immediately, and I can't afford a lame wing or paw."
I hate to be the one pointing this out but Aylia has a hyperspeed metabolism, part of why she wanted to carry extra rations. How much worse off is she than the rest?
Well, she has food in her saddlebags. Hunger is making shifting a bad idea. She better eat and just rest through the time skip. it's been a long day for everyone.
But i'm not stopping you from shifting if you want.

Several hours pass
If there were something important you wanted done during this time, let me know. This includes any scouting, building, climbing, eating, or what have you. One general action per person, and if you are doing something in a group, i need to know that too.

Anyway, after the several hours, Cho spots the carts. They seem to be drifting slowly downward a couple hundred yards away from the building, tumbling. You all have like a minute or two to attempt to catch them on this pass, else wait another several hours for the next. Good luck.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2017, 07:19:48 pm »

Welp eat, hang out with Noir, go help hook the carts
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:54:19 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2017, 08:46:51 pm »

Upon Asiin and Noir finishing their little test, the team cat pads over to the rat corpse and sniffs at it.  His ears fold back and he glares at Asiin, indignantly saying "This one brought fresh-kill as gift.  Not toy to torture and discard like twoleg..."  He then leaves, wandering into the darkness.

Dar'yajira would spend his time exploring the local area, and trying to hunt for food.  If he kills a decent number of things, he'll bring something back to Aylia as a gift--but the ungrateful healers get nothing.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2017, 08:59:01 pm »

The reason for the shift was to make it easier on the healer by giving them a smaller and more familiar patient to work with, and it was assumed that injuries would transfer proportinately. evidently this is not the case, and that is something Aylia would have learned growing up with her ability, getting minor scrapes, and seeing how they transfered from form to form. If shifting while injured will only cause things to become worse, she should know. Since her action of shifting was based on something the player thought they knew but was wrong about, but the character very much should have known better about, could she just have not shifted back to normal?

The player also wants to know what's up with this, and how mechanically it's actually working, because this is confusing. It seems like it's something you're rolling for? I thought it would be a roll-less action - return to normal. and expected the shift back to require a roll because she was in a hard-to-shift-into form. Is she rolling med or end or something? I would like to know why this happened, since it's the most core mechanic of my character and it's not behaving in a way that I would expect or understand. I would like to just avoid the situation entirely, but this isn't the kind of thing I get a choice about and I know at some point probably not even that far from now she's going to have to shift while injured again. If I can understand the risk she's running when she does that, I can make a better judgement call on the spot.

If Aylia didn't actually know that shifting while hurt was a bad idea, then please never mind all of the above, and just let me know that Aylia had no reason to expect this result. In that case I'll figure it out to the same degree and in the same ways as she does.

action assuming she had no reason to expect her injury to get worse from shifting - Just eat and rest during the timeskip, spending time acquireing her Star Sprite.

action assuming Aylia did have a reason to expect injury to get worse from shifting and as a result she never left giant cat form, and probably even left her armor on. - still just eat and rest, acquiring her Star Sprite.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2017, 09:30:34 pm »

First: sometimes wounds are worse than they appear, especially in the moment. Shock, adrenaline, that moment of "let's deal with the problem at hand before we worry about our injury" all might hide some issues.
Second, minor scrapes and bruises tend not to be a significant problem in general when shifting.
Third, you don't know that the wound actually got worse, just that the shift didn't drop it from one tier of injury to a lesser tier. Also, please remember that I often write these turns giving you information and impressions that the character would have, more than information that the player might have. As much as possible anyway.

As for being easier to heal, well, returning to your normal form is generally a good idea for that, and I took it into consideration. I rolled for heal, which is why you don't have immediate, full use of the hand. It will heal to full functionality, it's just not going to be immediate. I mean, you can use it now for most things, but there will be pain when it is stressed, and it is still injured enough to prevent actions that require concentrated effort like swinging a sword or shooting a bow. You went form mangled paw with broken bones to whole hand with some healing left to do - the equivalent of modern surgery.

Anyway, I hope this alleviates some of your concerns. I didn't make the wound worse in Ayliaform than in giantcatform BUT magic often has unexpected outcomes, and THAT is definitely something every character should know.

@syvarris I hope I didn't write you up an action you feel was counter to Dar's character or general intentions. If I did, that's on me, and I'll retcon or whatever.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2017, 09:40:59 pm »

((Eh?  No, the bit about the prey not being meant for experimentation was a bit of humor, it's fine that Dar went and caught something.

...Gotta say, having you offer a retcon to me for nothing after that long disagreement with Leng strikes me as incongruous.  :-\ ))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2017, 09:50:00 pm »

thank you, my concerns are completely aleviated, retcon request retracted. Aylia will just rest and eat and acquire her star sprite, talking to it and learning more about her partner.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2017, 09:54:07 pm »

"Guys help me catch the carts when they get close. Until then, mind if we chat Noir?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 13, 2017, 10:32:51 pm »

Ebony would have eaten something while waiting.

(You know, I'm not sure if Ebony *should* help with the carts. -1 Strength, not sure if she'd be more help or hurt.)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2017, 12:54:21 am »

((.......Wow....I did not honestly think Noirs magic Could react that negatively with non evil magic.))
Noir wipes her face breathing deep...She felt horrible seeing what happened to that poor creature and disgusted that that had happened to it and she gently moved over to jack.
"...T-That was horrible j-Jack...."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2017, 12:54:54 am »

Solam would have just hung around Terrance during the wait. Get those carts.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 14, 2017, 01:12:03 am »

"I am glad that we did not attempt that on Aylia."

Small things dying is acceptable. I am an animal-person from a tribal society, so this isn't a big deal to me.

Think about what caused this feedback on a Force-interaction level. The different spells seem to conflict an awful lot, for Forces that seem essentially similar. I may want to ask Noir about the Spheres associated with her healing magic (during the timeskip.)

Also figure out if I got some lunch on me.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49