Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 64891 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Mechanical Despair
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2016, 01:23:37 am »

Team spaz
Stop Noir from falling!
Grab hold of her and try to stop falling,

Jam grappeling hook or sword into something if neccissary

((Seems like Noir and Jack are just falling in love Bad-um tish)0
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 01:32:21 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2016, 05:19:07 am »

Team Green

Taking in the sights of teammates sliding to there doom I act quickly and toss the end of my rope down to them as well as jamming the hook into something that will hold it. Ensure the hook doesn't slip.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:51:57 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2016, 01:25:17 pm »

Team Cho
This doesn't look intresting. I'll go towards where Cho is and I follow him. I also inform that there is nothing of intrest in the mezzanine.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2016, 02:59:54 pm »

Team Hopefully not Romeo And Juliet ((Jacks team))
Use tail spikes stick em in the ground stabilizing me hopefully definitely grab jacks hand and if that slips or we both start slipping grab the rope if all fails and I slide off the building spread my wings as best I can and glide to try to soften my landing if jack falls as well noir will try to safetly land him as well as herself.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2016, 03:16:15 pm »

Team Green

Pile what supplies the team has left onto the wagon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2016, 03:51:04 pm »

Aylia, Mission Lead, Acompanying Team Adorable

I don't trust that ramp, if it collapsed under its own weight why would it hold extra? I go under the hole in the center, aim for the most stable section of the floor above I can see, jump up there, and look around at wherever I find myself.

Most domestic cats can typically jump up to 6 times their own height.
((Aylia is currently 5 feet at the shoulder. so up to a 30ft jump is reasonable for her))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2016, 04:58:45 pm »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Magic Cat

Dar'yajira hisses as he lands, quickly pressing himself against the side of the duct and crouching low.  After hurriedly surveying his new surroundings, he sniffs his wound, and releases a whining growl.  "This one dislikes metal place... too hard, too sharp..."

First things first, Dar'yajira will immediately curl up and focus on toughening his flesh, melding its nature with that of his metallic surroundings.  He's trying to strengthen his flesh against another wound, so he doesn't harm himself even more on his way back down.  It is not an attempt to heal or help the wound he just got, so no med rolls.

If that buff is successful, or if the wound is bad enough that he doesn't have time to try again, he'll start carefully picking his way back down, where he can get healed.

((Lenglon, that isn't how size works.  Strength increases as the square of size, since muscular strength is based on the muscles' cross section, while weight increases as the cube of size.  Aylia is 36 times as strong as a housecat... but 216 times the weight.  If she has a different build than a housecat, similar to tigers and other big cats, she would probably have a better ratio of strength to weight, but even then it would be virtually impossible to match the agility of a small cat.

...Of course, this is one of the reasons giant humans can't exist, so maybe Omega Legion giants just use different physics which Aylia copied from them.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2016, 04:58:57 pm »

Cho Ja, team cho

Head into the dark room and see if I can make out anything in the dark, what with me being a bug and all.
if not, and if my partner doesnt have one, head back to the carts and borrow a light source.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2016, 05:46:01 pm »

((...Of course, this is one of the reasons giant humans can't exist, so maybe Omega Legion giants just use different physics which Aylia copied from them.))
((If this is the logic we're using, than my next character shall be a giantified beetle, who shall be effectively immune to any damage less than "massive", absurdly fast and absurdly strong. :D))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2016, 07:05:44 pm »

((Lenglon, that isn't how size works.  Strength increases as the square of size, since muscular strength is based on the muscles' cross section, while weight increases as the cube of size.  Aylia is 36 times as strong as a housecat... but 216 times the weight.  If she has a different build than a housecat, similar to tigers and other big cats, she would probably have a better ratio of strength to weight, but even then it would be virtually impossible to match the agility of a small cat.

...Of course, this is one of the reasons giant humans can't exist, so maybe Omega Legion giants just use different physics which Aylia copied from them.))
((I'm aware of the square-cube law, I assume all giants in fantasy settings have a passive magic buff that allows them to ignore it, because otherwise they'd pretty much all collapse under their own weight. also note that Aylia has size limiters that keep her smaller than actual Frost Giants, I assume because she doesn't have strong enough Giant magic yet, I'm guessing that as she gets better with her magic she will be able to get bigger.))
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:11:27 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2016, 07:21:43 pm »

Watch the slapstick routine unfold.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2016, 02:34:18 pm »

Clean up Crew
Trier

Attempt to knock off or absorb the useless crystal and then try to heal up the crack in my arm again.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2016, 06:54:36 pm »

Team Adorable - Dar'yajira, Magic Cat

Dar'yajira hisses as he lands, quickly pressing himself against the side of the duct and crouching low.  After hurriedly surveying his new surroundings, he sniffs his wound, and releases a whining growl.  "This one dislikes metal place... too hard, too sharp..."

First things first, Dar'yajira will immediately curl up and focus on toughening his flesh, melding its nature with that of his metallic surroundings.  He's trying to strengthen his flesh against another wound, so he doesn't harm himself even more on his way back down.  It is not an attempt to heal or help the wound he just got, so no med rolls.

If that buff is successful, or if the wound is bad enough that he doesn't have time to try again, he'll start carefully picking his way back down, where he can get healed.

Dar's flesh hardens, and the metal of the duct begins to flow up into his body, turning him a solid dull grey and making him rather heavier than normal. this also weakens hte structure of the ductwork he is in. In this state, it is quite unlikely that Dar will receive another deep cut, and the cut he has has stopped bleeding. A thick, dark grey substance oozes slowly out of the wound instead, clotting up and hardening in his metallic fur. Now, bleeding might not be an issue, but dents are still quite possible. Just as Dar is about to leap to safety, the floor of the section of duct he is in gives way, and he drops straight down. He lands with a clang, stands perfectly still in a crouch for a couple seconds, and then licks a grey paw with a silver tongue, making a dry, screeching rasp sound as he does. Well, it might be harder to get to the open end of the duct you were shooting for now, but you could probably climb the wall a little more easily, being attuned to the metal as you are. (see Asiin's action for additional info)

>>> TEAM ADORABLE <<<
Asiin Michael; who is a tortoise

Fix the wounded.
The only currently wounded are Trier and Dar, and you've done all you can for Trier. You scoop up metalcat, apply some electricians tape, and say a little engineer's chant over his wound while cleaning the excess solder out of it. The edges of the cut seal together in a clean weld and Dar's coat turns somewhat glossy, like polished metal instead ofthe worn, old, decrepit stuff that is all around you.

Clean up Crew
Trier

Attempt to knock off or absorb the useless crystal and then try to heal up the crack in my arm again.
that useless crystal is part of your arm now, yo. And a second effort at healing, after having had yourself and another apply magic to it, will be notably more difficult, with side effects even more pronounced. So, wanna go for the comedic disaster trifecta?

Team Green

Pile what supplies the team has left onto the wagon.
I mean, the wagon is sitting at a sixy degree angle, so all you are doing is putting all the supplies in a pile at the bottom of the slope. The rope is all good - pretty flexible stuff there. you get about half the food together, so overall you guys have lost about a quarter of your food supply. the rest is in a crumbly, dirty, squashed, and sometimes soupy mess. Let's see, torches are fine, but any oil is destroyed. I'm going to go ahead and assume you didn't bring any explosives, because that would be problematic. clothing, blankets, and the like are fine, though some of it is now filthy. Anything fragile is toast.

Team Green

Taking in the sights of teammates sliding to there doom I act quickly and toss the end of my rope down to them as well as jamming the hook into something that will hold it. Ensure the hook doesn't slip.

Team Hopefully not Romeo And Juliet ((Jacks team))
Use tail spikes stick em in the ground stabilizing me hopefully definitely grab jacks hand and if that slips or we both start slipping grab the rope if all fails and I slide off the building spread my wings as best I can and glide to try to soften my landing if jack falls as well noir will try to safetly land him as well as herself.
Team spaz
Stop Noir from falling!
Grab hold of her and try to stop falling,

Jam grappeling hook or sword into something if neccissary

((Seems like Noir and Jack are just falling in love Bad-um tish)0
Varrick tosses the end of the rope down across Noir as she slides and wraps the other end around the broken stump of one of the wall supports. Jack grabs Noir, but starts sliding with her until she grabs the rope and gets steady The rope goes taut, and the two manage to haul themselves carefully back up to the broken wall. Varrick saves the day.

Watch the slapstick routine unfold.
They never fail to disappoint do they? Nothing particularly comedic happens nearby this round.

Cho Ja, team cho

Head into the dark room and see if I can make out anything in the dark, what with me being a bug and all.
if not, and if my partner doesnt have one, head back to the carts and borrow a light source.

Team Cho
This doesn't look intresting. I'll go towards where Cho is and I follow him. I also inform that there is nothing of intrest in the mezzanine.
You two go back and get a torch out of the pile around the broken cart. a minute's work, and it is lit, and you head back in. The dark room is full of giant machines, coated in dust, rust, and grime. the side you start on looks like where material is fed in from. there are a dozen of the machines, all in a line taking up the width of the room. they each extend back into the gloom for thirty yards or more. Aside from the machines, there are some wheeled things with spikes on the front and a cage large enough for a person on the back, all lined up along the front wall to the left, nearer to Aylia. They look like they've been there a long time. To the right, there is a smaller room jutting out into the bigger room. Looks like another mezzanine on top. the room has two large windows into the cavernous room, and several desks and broken chairs. Beyond that room, you see that the back wall is broken near the right wall. There is a gash fro mthe top of the wall to about three feet from the floor. it lets in some light from outside, but you couldn't see that from the entrance because of the smaller room. there are no doors in the side walls of this room. Each of the machines has a doorway in the end wall, though, presumably to move finished product through into the next area.

Something is making noise in the room beyond. Sounds like several somethings, and they sound like they are moving around.

Aylia, Mission Lead, Acompanying Team Adorable

I don't trust that ramp, if it collapsed under its own weight why would it hold extra? I go under the hole in the center, aim for the most stable section of the floor above I can see, jump up there, and look around at wherever I find myself.

Most domestic cats can typically jump up to 6 times their own height.
((Aylia is currently 5 feet at the shoulder. so up to a 30ft jump is reasonable for her))
tigers can jump 12 to 15 feet high and snow leopards can jump around 20 feet or so. So I'll say that jumping up to the 'ramp' is doable, from the rubble pile, which is fairly stable. As for the stability of the 'ramp' well, it has much more weight than you do, and looks like it's been as it is for some time. Still, doesn't hurt to be cautious. You evaluate, judge distances, test your footing, and get a running start, only for a beam to roll under your foot as you run up. You step off course and skid to a stop on the floor closer to the far, buckled, wall. A second attempt reveals the rubble pile to be much more unstable than it felt on first inspection. Everything starts shifting and sliding, and the footing get's treacherous, with pointy bits poking up and taunting you.

The light coming in from the outside dims suddenly and dramatically, pitching you all (except Cho and Samuel) into a deeper state of darkness, making it hard for the non-catlike to see. And even for those with low light vision, the sudden change takes a minute to adapt to.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2016, 07:30:44 pm »

TEAM RED

COllect the rope and carefull leave the room.
gather up the rest of the team.

send the message fairy thing to go gather the others.

"Guys, let's go and talk to the others, see what they've found."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2016, 07:42:09 pm »

Team Green

Make sure I get my hook and rope back after helping the clutzes back up then using my bow as a poking stick find my way back to the cart to light up a torch
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:24:16 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49