Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 35010 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2016, 07:01:06 pm »

Nah, The other thread is in the Escherite hellhole. You're in some good old fashioned cavern complexes. and what goes down sometimes also goes up. So it is in this case.
Well, let's do a little climbing check shall we?

It's an awkward climb for an average non-climbing sort, and Fiddler huffs and puffs his way to the top. He skins a knee and stubs a toe. Pretty sure he's gonna have a bruise on that shoulder, too. But he gets to the top and doesn't even die. Well, from here, the path is a bit twisty and bumpy, with more ledges and curves, at least as far as Fiddler sees. THe guide stones are as confident of this path as they were of the other, though, and that path led you to some gross plants or some shit.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2016, 07:22:16 pm »

"Query: This one doesn't suppose you brought some rope to let down?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2016, 07:24:41 pm »

Lower a suitable amount of rope if possible. We did carry a bunch of shit from the cart all the way over here! It was never precisely specified what that shit was, mind you, but we brought it. So lower some rope if I can! Tie it to a rock or something.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:27:50 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2016, 07:27:19 pm »

"Suggestion: You may want to tie it to some rock on your end or something. I fear this one might be too heavy for you to carry by yourself."

Tie the lowered rope around my waist And then climb up, slowly and carefully. Should I fall, attempt to use clockwork magic to assume direct control over my entire body and float myself back onto the wall.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2016, 07:33:16 pm »

Fiddler gets one end tied off around a large boulder, though how well it will hold is uncertain. Seems sturdy enough when tugged on though. The two of you don't get a chance to test it out though, as Clunkers manages to climb the chimney without major incident. He doesn't even lose any of his drones or magic staff on the way up.

Depending on whether Thrips is with you guys or really did stay at the cart, I'll assume he made it up as well. I'm sure clunkers could half haul him up on his own.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2016, 07:58:10 pm »

((I'll leave it up to yoink where Thrips is))

"Surprised statement: Well, that went better then expected.
Query: Shall we scout on then?"

Continue scouting ahead, staff in front and checking the guidestones once in a while.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2016, 05:12:46 am »

Continue on this colossal cave adventure.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2016, 03:30:58 pm »

You climb, crawl, and clambor for a couple of hours, until at last, you come up to a part of the tunnel in which light shines from ahead. your guidestones show a dot at the front which has grown overtime, and is now pulsating slowly.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2016, 05:20:54 am »

"Statement: It would seem something important is just ahead here, as indicated by the pulsating dot.
Query: Shall we go towards the light? Even though you organics keep telling eachother not to do so."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2016, 08:49:15 am »

As the prose completely dries up at this point, Fiddler shrugs.

"It could just be some sort of land anglerfish. A lot like a landshark, but an anglerfish, you see! In any case, it's not like there's a better option. Suppose we could throw a pebble that way, hold on."

Use my sling to hurl a nearby stone down the tunnel.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2016, 09:13:04 am »

"Statment: That doesn't seem like the worst idea. Let's hope you don't knock one of the people we're here to save off of a ledge or something."

Wait for Fiddler to throw a stone. If nothing terrible happens, venture forth.

If something terrible happens, react accordingly.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2016, 01:24:28 pm »

As the prose completely dries up at this point, Fiddler shrugs.

"It could just be some sort of land anglerfish. A lot like a landshark, but an anglerfish, you see! In any case, it's not like there's a better option. Suppose we could throw a pebble that way, hold on."

Use my sling to hurl a nearby stone down the tunnel.
So you think your guidestone is an underground anglerfish? *scribbles notes furiously*
The stone flies down teh tunnel, ricochets off the wall, and clatters along the floor before coming to a halt. The sound of absolute stillness echoes back afterward.

"Statment: That doesn't seem like the worst idea. Let's hope you don't knock one of the people we're here to save off of a ledge or something."

Wait for Fiddler to throw a stone. If nothing terrible happens, venture forth.

If something terrible happens, react accordingly.

Nothing terrible happens, so you stroll along, and step out of the tunnel into another low cavern. A single, small, grey being, naked but for a loincloth, is squatted down a few feet from fiddler's stone. She is nudging the stone with a stick, saucerlike eyes focused and unblinking. She ignores your presence completely.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2016, 03:29:56 pm »

((We found smeagol. I give it 4 updates before a geriatric wizard tells us we need to take a necklace to an underground volcano or something. ))

Clunkers stands still and holds up his hand, indicating Fiddler to stop. He then holds up one finger, before pointing towards the being. He then looks at Fiddler and puts his finger where the mouth on an organic would be.

Stand still and look at the being. Also cross-reference with known lifeforms and the lifeforms I saw in the library of my previous owner.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2016, 03:31:47 pm »

((I meant the light up ahead, but I guess the guidestone works as well!))

Observe as Clunkers does his thing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2016, 04:19:47 pm »

Cross reference suggests that this is, in fact, an UnderElf. They usually come in packs. or squads, or whatever. Groups. Military groups. That kind of thing.
Anyway, this one acts as if you don't exist at all, and seems content to poke at that rock like a mindless child. Cross reference suggests it is adult size, and UnderElves are anything but mindless.

Neckalce? Volcano? *furiously crosses things off a list* N-nothing of the sort. W-why do you ask?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27