Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark  (Read 34995 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Lost in the Dark
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2016, 08:08:43 pm »

Clunkers shuffles closer back and closer to Fiddler, so that they may whisper without being overheard.

"Confused statement: My databanks suggest this is, in fact, an UnderElf. However, they usually come in packs and are not mindless. So clearly, this unit before us is defective in some way."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:16:57 pm by Pancaek »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2016, 04:24:37 am »

"It's probably not mindless, so you might want to poke at it or something to make sure you've grabbed its attention."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2016, 04:09:27 pm »

"Uncertain statement: This one is not convinced this is the correct course of action. However, this one has no better alternative at the moment. Back this one up, it's going to do something potentially very stupid."

Go stand a bit closer to the being, though be sure to stop well out of reach so as to come over as non-threatening-ish. I'm sure my clanking and clunking will be enough to get its attention.

Should it attempt to attack, use assume direct control to freeze its arms into place.

Should it come closer in a non-violent manner, let it and just stand still.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2016, 04:23:30 pm »

Ready my lucky knuckles in case it tries anything. Be ready to show it the error of its ways if it's aggressive.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2016, 11:15:50 pm »

You two advance in a vaguely defensive / threatening way, and stop well outside the assumed threat radius. It is at this point that you notice that the little lady is not alone after all. Yo are more or less surrounded, in a rough semicircle. Weapons are pointed in your general direction, though not actually aimed at you. A couple of the newly visible Under Elves have weird knobbly marks all over their bodies. They look like tribal tattoos, but raised up in some weird topographical pattern. Once the battle lines have been drawn, the one that has been ignoring you, picks up your sling bullet in two fingers, and stands to face you, holding the bullet up at about eye level.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2016, 05:17:03 am »

"Now see here, UnderElves, we've arrived on a mission of peace and what have you. Don't you start making this a violent confrontation."

If it doesn't seem like they speak my language, shrug and break out the fiddle to communicate more effectively.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2016, 10:48:09 am »

"Resuest: Please, remain calm. We come in peace.
Statement: If you could just say something to us, I can adjust my language protocols."

Continue to be non-threatening. If I have any knowledge in my databanks about UnderElf language, use that to communicate that we are here in peace and to help them.

If I don't, do the thing I did with the Goblin's language and piece it together as we go.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2016, 01:13:39 pm »

"Ah. You then, are the explorers we requested! Welcome, welcome. Come, let us break fast together. The journey was uneventful so far, I hope?"

The mood changes pretty visibly, and the elves become much more welcoming. A low, makeshift table is set up, and several food items are placed on it. It is apparent which food is meant for Fiddler and which for Clunkers, as fiddler gets organic stuff and Clunkers gets a variety of things - rocks, some kind of grease, a couple of odd crystals, a handful of bugs, some paper with writing on it (looks ritualistic) and a folded square of cloth, like a washcloth. There's not enough room at the table for more than about six total, so the elves kinda cycle through - some on guard, some serving, and some eating.

"We will take you straight to the location where the dwarves dug through into new territory. We have a forward base set up there now, with a gate and everything. Nothing's come through, but you can't be too careful. The location is not really within our territory, so we've kept the base temporary, but if the dwarven colony has met an unfortunate end, we'll fortify on a more long term basis.

We can't really tell you what's beyond. We haven't looked ourselves.At base, you'l be provided with a case of report papers. write yuor findings on one and burn it, and we will receive the information."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2016, 04:10:42 pm »

"Luckily for you, dear UnderElves, we are experienced detectives, the two of us. We'll get your dwarf, come hell or high water - the Legion always does!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2016, 09:53:17 am »

"Statement: Indeed, though my companion might seem like he's bragging, we have become rather apt at locating things. Without the incompetence of some of our lesser brethren to worry about, and the lack of any constabulary to get in our way, those dwarves are as good as found already.
Query: When can we go to your base? This one is eager to get to work."

Grab the paper and the washcloth, and examine both. If Fiddler doesn't want the crystals, grab those and inspect them as well. Thank the UnderElves for the items.

Go to the base if everyone is ready to move out, otherwise hang around.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2016, 02:07:54 pm »

The washcloth is a fine, soft, thick material. Ideal for polishing brass or cleaning glass or gems.
The papers are ritual tags for power recharge, should you run low on energy. Simply place one over your chest and go into standby mode.
The crystals look like a consumable power supply. You have no way to consume them, though.

The UnderElves don't react to your assurances, but they do lead you on to the base. it is several hours walk once more. teh base, as it turns out, is a rather simple affair - a small, walled guard shack with some cots and a double set of stone walls placed across a section of natural cavern wall.There;s a door on the left of the first wall, and a bunch of murder holes along the wall and above, where several Under Evles are stationed. Peering through one of the murderholes, you see that the second wall is similarly adorned, but with the door on the right.

Through there is the entrance the Dwarves made. Once you are ready, you may go at your leisure. On return, you must identify yourself before you come through the breach, or you will be treated as hostile. If you are being pursued, do take care to alert us to that fact as well.
I was told you would bering your own supplies. You seem to pack rather light for the journey. Are you prepared?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2016, 05:25:30 pm »

"Response: Our blessed masters have put our supplies on a very large and cumbersome cart, which proved to be too cumbersome to navigate the caves from the very start. Both this one and its companion have taken the essentials we could carry on our person and will make do.
Hypothesis: Since we are both carrying as much food supplies as we could, but this one does not require organic sustenance, Fiddler Organic here should be fine as long as we ration out both of our food supplies for him.
This one's energy crystal is rated for at least one century of use before possibly needing replacements, with charge cycles lasting about one year overall. Barring any magical tampering, this one should be able to function autonimously for another 5 to 6 months before needing charging. This one has also had some redundancy installed, in anticipation of the problems related to our field of work.
Cynical statement: It is far more likely we perish due to violence than due to inadequate supplies, this one thinks."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2016, 05:33:10 pm »

"Yeah, what he said. Might want to go pick up that cart though, be a shame to leave it moldering by the cave entrance."

Fiddler thinks a bit, and recalls a salient fact.

"Oh, and if you do, try to not kill the guy that's on it. We left him there on purpose, he's supposed to be there. Just pack him in somewhere and bring him along, tell him we told you to do it. We'll pick him up later when we're done."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2016, 05:37:45 pm »

Thrips considered pressing bravely onwards to investigate this strange obstacle, then... decided his talents were better used elsewhere.
Someone had to keep an eye on the cart, after all!

Hang around the cart as a rearguard of sorts, keeping eyes and ears open for anything coming from that direction.
The others left the cart in the starting cavern, half a day back. I'm hoping you were planning on coming along with those two instead, but if you want, you can chill back there. I kinda doubt they'll be coming back for you though.
((Huh, had no idea that much time had passed.))

Thrips had been lagging behind, but the spookiness of the surroundings finally overcomes the dangers lying ahead and he catches up to the others.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2016, 05:57:02 pm »

"Statement: Yes, it did look like a good piece of equipment. If your people have any use for it, you are free to keep it when we leave. If command wanted it brought back, they should have send us something that was easier to operate in the first place. "
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27