Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80141 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #555 on: March 16, 2017, 07:36:22 pm »

Move away from the child and look around for the shadow thing or anything else that might be the wizard. If the child thing becomes hostile, cut it down with the help of my summons. Also try holding my lead bar between myself and the child to see if it blocks any of the bad feeling.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #556 on: March 17, 2017, 06:43:47 pm »

Flesyhius crawls back up to the top of the dune while Sigh remains crouched below, one hand on Flesyhius' ankle. Flesyhius aims his pistol at the child as best he can, considering several people are standing in front of the thing. It doesn't seem to be doing anything, just staring at Alanna. He scratches his head. This is very odd; normally in instances like this the critter would already be done eating half the party, but its just sitting there.

"I say, I think it might want something?!" He shouts over at the party still gathered around the child.

Beethro walks rather calmly away from the child and finds some fabric in the cart; part of a canvas bag. He tears a strip off to form a crude but functional blindfold. That done, he returns to the party and considers very carefully if he wants to actually try and put it on the child. Alanna is busy talking to it, but the child seems paradoxically oblivious to what she's saying despite its intense attention. Almost as though its looking straight through her.

Bill starts to walk away from the group, out into the dark to look for the shadow that was haunting the group. He gets maybe 50 feet before shouting from behind stops him. He spins around to see the party looking back at him, and in all directions. He squints and sees that the child is gone, vanished from where it was standing between them all. He looks back the direction he was walking and it's there, within 5 feet of him, looking dead into his eyes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 17, 2017, 07:14:57 pm »

"I'm the one you're looking for, wizard? Gee, I feel so special. Show yourself, and we can talk."

If my summons aren't already by me, get them over here. Keep an eye on the child, maybe hold my lead bar between us, blocking its eyes, to see if that blocks any bad feeling from it if I'm getting one. Keep my hand near my sword, prepared to use it if I get attacked. Also take advantage of my summon senses to keep from being ambushed or blindsided. Also move back towards the light if the child approaches me.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:16:57 pm by Beirus »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 18, 2017, 01:07:32 am »

"If they don't kill it, it will kill them, and then they'll learn, that's how it works.  You know danger and live, or don't then die."

Staying next to Fleyshius, as always.  Still scanning everything that isn't the kid for danger, rifle readied.  If a new kid pops up near him, or that one moves to threaten Fleyshius or himself, Sigh will shoot it.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 18, 2017, 08:47:36 pm »

"I'm too old for this."

Time to get to work.

First, time to check if the kid's reflexs are still intact.  Throw something small, underhand, up in the air and toward the child's face.  After that, seat the child on the front of the cart and see if the patellar reflex is still intact.

"I'm going to find out how much control the thing riding the child has over it.  Or if this is even a child, and not some kinda imitation kid or something."

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #560 on: March 19, 2017, 09:25:05 am »

*Pokes other players*

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 19, 2017, 11:38:18 am »

"Is throwing shit at the dead kid really a good idea? I have many objections."

"Marcus is a little lost on what else to do. Maybe ask another question?" Marcus shrugs. "Child! From where do you come? Where did you die?"

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 19, 2017, 01:08:47 pm »

Seeing that the child hasn't completely lost it, and that no one seems to be trying to kill it. Fleyshius will call to the rest of the group.

Perhaps we should feed the child?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 19, 2017, 01:13:08 pm »

"It's not a normal child. Hell, construct would probably be closer to right than child. But I'm pretty sure the wizard can use its senses, like I can with my summons. Do try not to aggravate it when it's so close to me. I'd rather not have to cut it down and scare the wizard off."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #564 on: March 19, 2017, 09:15:24 pm »

"I'm the one you're looking for, wizard? Gee, I feel so special. Show yourself, and we can talk."

If my summons aren't already by me, get them over here. Keep an eye on the child, maybe hold my lead bar between us, blocking its eyes, to see if that blocks any bad feeling from it if I'm getting one. Keep my hand near my sword, prepared to use it if I get attacked. Also take advantage of my summon senses to keep from being ambushed or blindsided. Also move back towards the light if the child approaches me.

Your summons rush to your side, and together you partially encircle the child. It continues to stare at you as you raise the lead bar up between yourself and its eyes. The feeling of its penetrating gaze diminishes for a moment before returning with a sharp tingle of pins and needles. You can feel its stare in a very odd way with all your enhanced senses; it ripples across magnetic, infrared, and electrical spectrums as though his eyes are scanning you on every possible level. After a few seconds the stare, at least the intensity of the stare, ceases and the child opens its mouth. When it speaks, it speaks with a voice that is clearly not its own; it reverberates out of the mouth like the sound coming out of a phonograph or a tinny speaker.

"WIZARD. DO. YOU. DREAM."

"If they don't kill it, it will kill them, and then they'll learn, that's how it works.  You know danger and live, or don't then die."

Staying next to Fleyshius, as always.  Still scanning everything that isn't the kid for danger, rifle readied.  If a new kid pops up near him, or that one moves to threaten Fleyshius or himself, Sigh will shoot it.

Seeing that the child hasn't completely lost it, and that no one seems to be trying to kill it. Fleyshius will call to the rest of the group.

Perhaps we should feed the child?

"Is throwing shit at the dead kid really a good idea? I have many objections."

"Marcus is a little lost on what else to do. Maybe ask another question?" Marcus shrugs. "Child! From where do you come? Where did you die?"

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
Flesyhius, Sigh, Marcus and Alanna hang back as Beethro walks away. Discretion is generally viewed as the better part of valor, but in most cases cowardice or inaction can also function serviceably.

"I'm too old for this."

Time to get to work.

First, time to check if the kid's reflexs are still intact.  Throw something small, underhand, up in the air and toward the child's face.  After that, seat the child on the front of the cart and see if the patellar reflex is still intact.

"I'm going to find out how much control the thing riding the child has over it.  Or if this is even a child, and not some kinda imitation kid or something."

There are no rocks around here, everything is perfectly smooth. So you take the cloth you had intended for its eyes and wad it up into a ball. You walk all the way over to Bill and, once you get within 10 feet, you hurl the wad of fabric at the child. The fabric hits it in the side of the head and falls to the ground. The child doesn't react. You try to grab him and move him, but he's rooted to the ground as though he were a concrete statue bolted to the ground. He doesn't even wiggle.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 19, 2017, 11:06:56 pm »

"Beet I don't think you should be doing that to the magical dead kid!

"Marcus thinks he seems unbothered. Very unbothered, is impressive! Marcus wonders if he can stand atop childs skull and perform routine Marcus saw once at carnival."

"DAD!

"Haha!"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 21, 2017, 06:37:20 am »

"I-it's just a vessel..."

*Intensifies adjacent to Fleyshius*

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 21, 2017, 07:07:12 pm »

Hmm, well lets just back away from the vessel and try to ignore what it looks like.
pistol pointing and musings.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 21, 2017, 10:57:09 pm »

"Two more things before we can get moving.  Because whatever this is, we can't move it."

Put the blindfold over the child's eyes.

Use my sword to make a small cut on the child's arm, to see if he bleeds.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 01:55:55 pm by Devastator »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 21, 2017, 11:14:15 pm »

"Sometimes. And you, wizard? What do you dream of? What is it you want in this world? And I must apologize for the one poking your construct with a sword.i suppose he never learned the etiquette of conversation."

Talking to wizards. Same precautions as last turn if the child attacks. Continue using summon senses to watch my back.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53