Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 80143 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: ZAP
« Reply #570 on: March 22, 2017, 12:50:34 am »

"Sorry guys, but I've been fighting monsters too damn long to stop thinking about it even when talking.  Let me know if you figure anything out."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #571 on: March 22, 2017, 07:05:33 pm »

The child responds after a few seconds, as though processing what Bill said.
"SAFETY. AND. REGULARITY."

Just as it says this, Beethro walks up behind it and ties the blindfold over its face. No sooner does he have the knot tied than he whips out his blade and drags it across the child's upper arm. But the blade doesn't cut into the flesh; the flesh cuts his blade. Has he drags the blade across the pale skin, sparks fly and hundreds of tiny scratches and nicks appear in the blade where it touches the child's skin.

"SPREAD. WHITE. MAKE. WORLD. SAFE. NO. ALTERNATIVE. DO. YOU. SPREAD. THE. WHITE." the child says the words in a dead monotone, his voice not raising to indicate a question.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 23, 2017, 07:16:46 pm »

Continue to be useless in every way except for bumping the thread so people post.  While next to Fleyshius.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 23, 2017, 07:29:19 pm »

"Right, Marcus is going back to sleep."

"Wh- theres a ghost thingy haunting us! Right now!"

"Yes, Marcus cannot do anything about this. Child was hit with sword, sword struck itself. Wizard buisness, what does Marcus care? Am not wizard. Child can also teleport. Marcus thinks this is unwinnable fight, perhaps. So, Marcus will go lay down and hope talking isn't too loud."

Alanna holds her head in her palms and groans. "The worst part is I can't contradict you. It's so dumb though. What if he teleports a bunch of monsters here?"

"Sleeping in full plate with sword in hand is *Very useful*."

"I can't even deal with this right now. Bill, what the living hell is he going on about?"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 09:46:53 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 23, 2017, 08:37:01 pm »

"I am a protector. I keep people safe. I have not heard about the white. How do you spread it? Can you teach me about it?"

Bill shrugs in response to Alanna. "I think he means the marble. Must be the thing his magic has a natural affinity for."

Talking to wizards. Same precautions as last turn if the child attacks. Continue using summon senses to watch my back.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 23, 2017, 11:07:15 pm »

"Damn magic bullshit."

No, not the right time to do anything.  Sigh.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cart (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 24, 2017, 09:53:17 am »

watch and wait.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 24, 2017, 01:56:13 pm »

DO. YOU. SPREAD. THE. WHITE.
ooh myyy
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #578 on: March 25, 2017, 12:24:08 am »

"I am a protector. I keep people safe. I have not heard about the white. How do you spread it? Can you teach me about it?"

Bill shrugs in response to Alanna. "I think he means the marble. Must be the thing his magic has a natural affinity for."

Talking to wizards. Same precautions as last turn if the child attacks. Continue using summon senses to watch my back.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

"PEOPLE. ARE. NOT. SAFE. SO. NEITHER. ARE. YOU"

And then the boy is gone. Thanks to your intense scrutiny and enhanced senses you get a momentary glimpse of the nature of his movement, a single frame of it if you will. He's not teleporting in so much as he seems to just be moving at incredible speed without distorting the air or materials around him. Your combined senses catch a glimpse of him as he zips in a straight line from where he is standing to a good few hundred feet away. You hear him land on the ground with a soft thud, apparently the movement was done at an angle, so he wouldn't hit any dunes and he stopped in mid air at the end. From there he seems to move away at normal speed but you very quickly lose track of him thanks to his range and the fact that he seems to just slide across the ground like a bubble across the surface of a warm bath.

You turn and squint after him.

"He's fast, but only over set distances and he doesn't seem to be able to do it repeatedly in short time periods." You lick your lips and breathe a little easier. "But he's connected to something, networked into some magical framework. There's something big deeper in here, and its looking at us like a kid with a magnifying glass looks at ants."

"What now?" Alanna says, watching Marcus wander off.

"I vote sleep." Beethro chimes in, "It got what it wanted; if it comes back again we'll just have to find a way to kill it or ignore it."

"MARCUS LIKES THE FIRST ACTION MORE!" Marcus shouts, already halfway into his bedroll.

Flesyhius and Sigh reappear from behind the dune and silently hang around in the back, contemplating their next move.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 25, 2017, 03:38:12 am »

"The acid and fire might do something.  If whatever it is has sticky flame or burning acid stuck to it, I don't think it can teleport away from it."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 25, 2017, 11:12:25 am »

Marcus starts snoring almost immediantly.

"This is my life." Alanna mutters. "Excellent. Maybe I'll be the one to go mad next."

Snooze fest!

"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 25, 2017, 11:41:11 pm »

Stay near Fleyshius, guard him.  Don't sleep, unless he says to do so.  It's not safe enough, whatever the fools may think.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 26, 2017, 11:04:15 pm »

Fleyshius will sleep.
Thanks for taking watch sigh. By the kings honor I'll make it up to you with the next watch.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #583 on: March 28, 2017, 09:01:15 am »

Well someone(S) hasn't posted an action but whatever, we're killing time here.

Insert RPG sleep transition music here

Everyone wakes up the next morning, without having been horribly murdered in their sleep. Its raining very gently and the sky is an overcast gray, blocking the sun and making everything a bit darker than usual.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 28, 2017, 09:31:39 am »

(I like how your avatar switched to the 'mindlessly rolling a ball' variant when I read that. It pretty much conveys the entire tone of that post.)

Marcus yawns, getting up and doing a morning stretch. This cracks most of his bones and some of his charred skin. The sound is exceptionally unnerving.

"Marcus is feeling refreshed! Let us move, there is wizardry afoot!"

"Breakfast first. I made omelettes."

"Eggs! Truly the finest meal a father could ask for! Do they have cheese?"

"Yes."

"That's my girl!"

Alanna scratches her head and grins. "Thanks."

Time to eat! Time to travel!

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:46:10 am by Dermonster »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53