Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DID YOU EXCERCISE YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS?!

I voted!
- 66 (36.3%)
I did not vote!
- 13 (7.1%)
I can't vote, for reasons!
- 21 (11.5%)
I'm not a United Statsian, but I want to see the poll results!
- 82 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 181

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Election Day, USA!  (Read 8077 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Election Day, USA!
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2016, 11:45:37 pm »

Older persons who've seen many more elections, please offer some hope that everything will be okay in 4 years.
I don't know, man. I suggest going to space - the kickstarter's almost funded.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2016, 11:46:33 pm »

I did not vote because I don't believe citizens should elect the President, and maybe anything else too.
Shoes...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2016, 11:47:21 pm »

Still a chance it goes sanity. Increasingly unlikely, though.

As for being okay, no. Not much of a chance of that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 12:15:39 am »

There isn't.  America just got memed.
Shoes...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 12:24:00 am »

I couldnt vote on account of being stuck at home with no gas and we didnt get/ask for absentee ballots. :v

I'm with weird;
(Regardless of which wins, we will get the president our nation deserves. I will leave it at that.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 12:24:23 am »

I for one, welcome our Wall-Building overlords  :P
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2016, 12:26:44 am »

Wall will never happen anyways, unless he claws the money out of congress' budget argument through an act of god.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2016, 12:27:57 am »

Obama has made a good precedent for bypassing congress through executive orders. I bet he's at least going to try.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2016, 12:28:21 am »

I had a local vote on whether or not alcohol can be sold in a place that gets 30% or more of its income from food and nowhere else. Just in case you were wondering if any places still liked the idea of prohibition.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2016, 12:41:01 am »

Older persons who've seen many more elections, please offer some hope that everything will be okay in 4 years.

Winner does nothing for 4 years, wins a re-election by a landslide unless someone actually films them taking candy from a baby in times square, then runs through with a flamethrower on their way out 2-3 years later.

Next election, everyone is infuriated at the State of Things and we switch back to whatever political team isn't currently in power.

Repeat.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2016, 12:41:31 am »

Obama has made a good precedent for bypassing congress through executive orders. I bet he's at least going to try.

At least in his case a lot of the time it was fulfilling his campaign promises... albeit in a cruddy fashion (though not entirely his fault)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2016, 12:43:01 am »

Still a chance it goes sanity. Increasingly unlikely, though.

With Wisconsin effectively called for Trump (nobody believes it strongly enough to say so yet, but it is), and Clinton trailing by 4% in Arizona, she would have to win Michigan and New Hampshire to reach 269.  And that's including Pennsylvania, which Trump is slightly leading right now.

The way is shut, the dead keep it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2016, 01:07:55 am »

Winner does nothing for 4 years, wins a re-election by a landslide unless someone actually films them taking candy from a baby in times square, then runs through with a flamethrower on their way out 2-3 years later.

Next election, everyone is infuriated at the State of Things and we switch back to whatever political team isn't currently in power.

Repeat.

Can you recall an election with such a sour tone and so much foul play? I can only remember the 2nd Bush and the two Obama ones, and they weren't nearly this mean.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2016, 01:09:54 am »

Kind of hilarious actually.

Bush's election involved outright bastardry and people were WAAAY more ok with Bush winning... then they are with Trump winning (or likely Hillary too)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2016, 01:14:55 am »

Foul play? look up pregnant chads. Bush basically stole the presidency if any of the Florida crap was true at all.

Bush/Gore was extremely irritating because you saw exactly how stupid people can be.
Bush was on a platform of "I'd have a beer with that guy" and that's how he got elected.

Clinton/Dole/Perot was just hilarious. Comedy at its finest.

There's usually a little more decorum in front of the scumbag politics, but not much more. Also the degree of criminality of both parties usually gets held in reserve for power plays by the senate minority AFTER the election, but there's been enough turmoil lately that people are out for blood, so the campaigns play on that.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8