I have forgotten what this is
- 2 (18.2%)
Wait, what?! Im not ready!
- 4 (36.4%)
Hurrah!
- 2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: 2300AD Game of RPG stuff OOC thread. Game Started!  (Read 11188 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: 2300AD Game of RPG stuff OOC thread. Game Started!
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2016, 12:32:14 pm »

Buying a fighter is 2mil+. Civilian aircraft and helicopters are below a million though. Its worth noting that they dont list the price of any spaceship in the core book. The cheapest crewable spaceship is only half a million, but thats a one-man cargotug. The cheapest stutterwarp ship(that you can shove crew in) is 3.3+ million.

Also, on tech, it is mostly a late 80s style, though you should note that they do have some rather futuristic stuff, such as flexible touchscreen computer monitors. And yet, those computers that come with them have a grand total of 10mb of internal memory.

Finally, on the subject of money again, its worth noting that the normal wage for people is about 10k Lv a year.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2016, 12:38:34 pm »

Tell me if it feels too forced or you don't like the direction, or whatever.

So the goals of most characters is money and/or action. While this is sufficiently broad and the general goal of most RPG characters, it doesn't really narrow down the options or give us any better idea of what to do :P.
Will ignore that you deflected the question.  :P (Not that I actually mind too much, does kill the mystery)

Hey, atleast you arent getting railroaded.
Fair point

Finally, on the subject of money again, its worth noting that the normal wage for people is about 10k Lv a year.
Also worth noting that 1Lv is the average hourly rate for unskilled labors, 5 or 10Lv for skilled work, our farm hands probaly fall into these groups.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2016, 12:42:29 pm »

I think at the time we could reliability afford an FTL ship of our own, we might as well retire. Most of us won't start with much more than 10,000lv or so I believe.

A good balance would to be to hire on an existing merchant ship as red shirts. We get all the advantage of flying around space, without having to physically run our own trading company. We can take side jobs on every port of call we visit.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2016, 03:36:11 pm »

You can do that. Some ships also let merchants rent space in both holds and living areas and ride along.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2016, 05:19:49 pm »

Will ignore that you deflected the question.  :P (Not that I actually mind too much, does kill the mystery)

*Innocent whistling*
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2016, 11:02:40 pm »

Dumb question:

The unsightly face, with sunken, unblinking chrome eyes, that stared back at Alban...
Are they chrome as in iris color, or chrome as in metal?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2016, 11:16:15 pm »

Chrome as in metal. Probably bionic, something uncommon in the Core, and even rarer out here in the boonies. If you're from the Core, you'll know that use of bionics carries a massive stigma, thanks to large numbers of enhanced individuals committing violent crimes. It's hard to get a hold of cybernetics legally, if you don't work for mega-corp, or a government, so many come from the black market. They're not illegal, but many people would like them to be.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2016, 12:14:13 am »

Just for the record, I finally looked at the Reference book you are using. The differences in the 1/0 fumble thing are because the one you gave us is for the Second Addition (Titled 2300 AD) while the reference guide you are using is for the first addition (Titled Traver 2300AD). They changed the name for the second addition due to the fact it was kinda confusing (It didn't share a setting or system with Traveler, so they changed its name.)

Anyway, that isn't the only difference between the systems we are using. For one, T2300 has one higher required on the roll than AD does. There are probably others but I can't be bothered to read the entire thing to compare them :P.

So what system are we using?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:22:15 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2016, 12:07:29 pm »

Oh. Joy. How did i miss that...

Version two, since I finally found the shockingly useful task resolution chart in that, which had appeared to be missing.

As for why I have been using two different versions at once, I blame bards.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2017, 03:31:19 pm »

Alright, tired of waiting for GM-I'm just going to roll for my shot myself just to move the plot on, give it a difficult level difficulty check of DC 10, also gonna give myself a a Lv.0 in 'pool playing skill', because it's clearly something my character picked up, but she's obviously not a professional (I figure there's a lot of lv.0+ non-professional 'skills' your character might have in this game), plus a stat mod of Dex +2.

1d10=(9), +0+2=11 vs DC10 (Pass!)

Yay!

Edit: Actually, it seems the GM can just declare any roll not needing a professional skill as 'unskilled' task. Same thing.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:33:53 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

clone95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2017, 08:51:14 am »

WOAH.

People still play 2300AD? This is amazing!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2017, 05:21:22 pm »

Yep. Want to join?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2017, 12:54:18 pm »

Is this game still going on, btw? Are we ever gonna get out of this bar? :P

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2017, 01:18:42 pm »

5 or so days go we were told via Discord that Aseaheru "got shanghied into various bits of moving shit, and work happened" and that he "should have time in the coming days.".

(Also clone95 is joining, and is possibly going to run his own game, not sure if GDW or Mongoose (Of which they are more familiar))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2017, 01:22:59 pm »

KK, thanks for the info. :)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10