don't
- 2 (28.6%)
have
- 1 (14.3%)
time
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork☼ human RUIN: Shielgates. Reclaiming experiments  (Read 21875 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ human city: Shielgates.
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2016, 08:00:59 pm »

Ok, please let me know once the save is up.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2016, 12:24:51 am »

Kennels? How does that differ from animal training zone?

Humans need to pay coins to unlock buildings, I take it?

Huh, thought stonecutter was making more blocks rather than using blocks. But looking at those images fitting together, do they have to be adjacent?
Surprisingly, i'ts no matter, to build with sandstone, or with wood- they look exactly same. :D
Walls yes, but things like doors or floodgates look different when made from wood rather than from stone (or metal or glass)

*sees the imgur*

Whoa that's incredibly zoomed out.

Noble rooms....Depends on their personalities and relationships, I guess.

Yay cavern? Eh. Trapping, perhaps.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:27:46 am by Fleeting Frames »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2016, 07:10:43 am »

I'm in the end of summer now, playing with 30 fps is pretty slow.
Have few not so stupid questions:
1.Fey butcher made artifact bone helmet. According to wiki, artifact armor protects three times more effective then normal.Is artifact bone helmet protects like iron, at least?
2.How to insert images directly into  post?
Update for spring and summer will come soon.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2016, 09:00:52 am »

I'm in the end of summer now, playing with 30 fps is pretty slow.
Have few not so stupid questions:
1.Fey butcher made artifact bone helmet. According to wiki, artifact armor protects three times more effective then normal.Is artifact bone helmet protects like iron, at least?
2.How to insert images directly into  post?
Update for spring and summer will come soon.
Artifacts are COOL. That's the only thing that matters.
To insert pictures you have to host them on smthing like imgur then insert hyperlink as a url and add .jpg or any other image extension. If I didn't make myself clear try quoting my post, you'll see how i do it

Kennels? How does that differ from animal training zone?
Kennels are still incomplete in this version of MDF and pretty useless

Humans need to pay coins to unlock buildings, I take it?
They do but you can get coins selling to merchant stalls

Huh, thought stonecutter was making more blocks rather than using blocks. But looking at those images fitting together, do they have to be adjacent?
To make blocks there is the brick splitting block (1 bouder->10 blocks) and yes, guild are designed to look nicer if built togheter but there is actually no need to do it.

Ok, please let me know once the save is up.
Sure, i'll send you a PM

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2016, 01:02:13 pm »

Ok, failed to link images, so placing whole wanna-be IC failure on imgur. There.   :-\
http://imgur.com/a/f6H6P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:51:02 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2016, 01:14:54 pm »

ops
you probably linked the album, not the image
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:18:51 pm by IlFedaykin »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2016, 04:42:04 pm »

- Artifact bone helmet is crap, barring modded bone. However, bone carver moods are neat in that they can produce artifact furniture (good bait) & if they take more than just bone for the helmet you can forbid the primary mood material and have them produce artifact iron helmet instead.

Which is not steel, but steel-class enemies are pretty rare in vanilla (dwarven necro siege is the most common source, I think).

- images in posts: very basic: take screenshot, upload image anywhere, get image url (right click - copy image location), put it into post between [img] [/img] tags.

You can automate just about all of it, of course.

- Pretty expansive. Screenshots like this one makes me dream of minecart public transport being viable.

Alas.

Took me a bit to spot the guildhall.

- I think the cook might be seeing body pieces or bodies.

- Bins and military equipment. That's....not a hot idea.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2016, 10:14:01 am »

Any news MrCreeper? Please try to post even a little every day so we know if you have problems going ahead.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2016, 05:46:14 am »

Finishing year right now, final update and save will be soon.
Rest of the sigs

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2016, 09:33:13 am »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12568
OK, there the save, answer on question "what the fuck is going on here" will be a bit later.
Bad news for Meph - you are dead. And all militia is dead too(except my lazy and cowardly character).
And expedition leader is dead too, as some random useless humans.  ;D
Rest of the sigs

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2016, 12:42:42 pm »

All right. Turn complete and save's up. I updated the main post with savegames for every year and as soon as MrCreeper tells us how he managed to destroy our town i'll update imgur, too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2016, 03:02:47 pm »

I'll have a look at the fort later today. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2016, 07:18:30 am »

Not destroyed, just wasted al military and forgot to take some precautionary measures.  ::)
Sorry for bad english and inacurracies.
10 of Limestone

Dwarven caravan has arrived.We traded some silk, glass and some booze.(They bringed mithril anvil with them.Cost – 450 >_<)
24 of sandstone

Migrants have arrived, 6 of them.

They spotted some of strange plant-looking goo near north-western borders.
3 of Timber
Clothier withdraws from society.
12 of Timber

He finished his construction – I’ts “Oshokenethu, The Last Hatchets”, pig tail skirt
17 of Moonstone
Building of guildhall finally finished, first level walls was rebuilt with granite blocks.
25 of Moonstone
Miners find some marble under third cavern level, which will be useful for steel production.
27 of Moonstone

Adamatine! Praise the miners!(Though almost all of it under lake of lava )
2 of Opal
(There I started replacing of wooden roads with bricks and tried to build house to west of the bunker, but a bit miscalculated sizes)
14 of Opal

Sapphire golem emerged from the caves!

He wounded miner Tetha Echoedstern and a furnace operator Mubo Wadewatches before Fences of Hide could reach him. Mubo managed to crawl away and picked up by jeweler. Fences of Hide riches golem, but nor sword, nor spear can’t do anything against this creature. Golem killed miner, then proceeds to Galka norcero. Meph and Histek Leaderleaps, last a little longer due their combat skills, They managed to scratch the golem with especially strong strikes but don’t last long.

Golem, with giant drowspider that no one noticed before, proceeds to the surface.   
     In chaos everyone(I’m >:(  )forgot about lever that closes entry to a quarry. Uso Blossomdaggers tried to stop spider but get killed. Golem and spider risen on a surface, and golem killed and wounded some people, then they both decided to wander outside and get caught in a cage traps. First level of failed house temporary(?) become hospital.
 (All this time, until they get in a cage, my character was drinking, sleeping, storing owned item, and overall doing everything except trying to kill creatures, and “attacked” golem only when he wandered to cage traps. I think mithril spear is useless against golem anyway, but… dammit.)
16 of Opal
  Expedition leader Spibsa Nifihusel wandered in caves and got killed by boulder crab. He has been avenged by Sino Cloakposts. Copnut Carnageletter has been elected as a mayor.
28 of Opal
Mayor has imposed ban on export of backpacks.
30 of Opal
Sino and random peasant somehow get stuck in caves. Miner has been sent to dig tunnel to them.
(Only damn way to 1 level of caves before this was climbing 4 z-levels down. To get killed by a crab.)
5 of Obsidian
    A bunch of strange Lizardmans emerged from the caves! They walked into freshly-mined tunnel, on the stairs, then jumped out of quarry and started to fight everyone near them.

We killed them, but there are more coming. Sino tried to stop them in entrance to quarry, but get killed on the same spot as her sister-in-arms.

Lizardmens appeared to be mages of some kind! One of them throwed lighting into grass near hospital, setting it on fire. Luckily, hospital and bunker not ignited and fire stopped on the roads.
It burned only one door and  stockpile of wood.(Not big loss, since we have more then 4 thousands of it. Don’t sure where I readed it, though.)

We killed almost all lizards, last one climbed over the wall and run away
7 of Obsidian
   Two terrifiyng slimy corpse grubs coming out of caves,  and workers preferring to haul stones on stockpile, then building wall out of them , so i ordered lever that controls bridge to quarry to be pulled. Path to caves must be closed until we get ready to fight creatures of underworld. But it not even linked!
8 of Obsidian
Buqui Bujitlemhuh, potter, has been possessed by unknown forces! He claimed the forge and began his construction.
14 of Obsidian

War worg Flashsugar get so wounded fighting local wildlife and lizardmans, that best we can do is put him out of his misery.
15 of Obsidian

Posessed metalcrafter finished his construction – I’ts Glosscombined, orichalcum door with peaceful landscapes in pig tail and wood. (Is orichalcum have any use for humans?)
1 of Granite

(That's how fort looking as Granite of 191
Military, expedition leader, and some random humans get killed, roads partially rebuilt, builded foundation of smiths guild. Stone hauling fully disabled when i triyed to build walls on top of staircase, and healing enabled on the half of fort, since our legendary carpenter almost bleed out in hospital, and i forgot to disable it. I somehow left few fellows on the top of  guildhall and they are hungry and thirsty now.)

Rest of the sigs

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2016, 10:23:25 am »

That should be enough to go ahead and write another chapter of our story. I'm waiting for Meph to confirm that he took the save and i should be able to update the imgur album by tomorrow... If anyone wants to contribute to the storytelling i'm open to suggestions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2016, 10:49:03 am »

I have the save, no worries. :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15