Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Septerra - Rise of the Junkers (On hiatus)  (Read 15302 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Septerra - Rise of the Junkers
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2016, 06:22:59 pm »

"S'pose we look fer' survivors?"

"Of course. We'd need to find them, though. Euuhhhh..." Jean adjusted his cap to protect his eyes from the sun before resuming his scan of the area.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:03:44 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2016, 06:37:53 pm »

"Be careful, son. Dun' want a pack o' bandits on our tails, hell, sky-pirates might be uns' with those many guns."
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2016, 06:48:46 pm »

"I'm not 'owling all the way to the gates. If they had eyes in the sky, we'd be scrap anyway. Also, look." Jean then pointed to the blown front gate. Sky-pirates wouldn't care about destroying doors when they can just fly.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:52:07 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »

Sculla's reflective goggles gleamed in the light of the sun.
"Anyone in there is probably whale chum by now! Might as well take a look around, yeah?"
She gunned the throttle and the vehicle lurched forward, halting just outside where the gate once hung.

She twisted and yanked at the sterring wheel in the right way, and it detached, doubling as both steering wheel and ignition key. She hung it from the back of her belt as she picked one of her javelins up and clambered out the cab.

"Who's up for a poke around then, eh?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2016, 07:01:16 pm »

She twisted and yanked at the steering wheel in the right way, and it detached, doubling as both steering wheel and ignition key. She hung it from the back of her belt as she picked one of her javelins up and clambered out the cab.

"Who's up for a poke around then, eh?"

Cove, well used to Scullas driving 'skills', had already grasped the side of the truck to keep from being flung off. He departed after she stopped, stepping beside her, and drawing his sword.

"Indeed, let's. Perhaps we will find some valuable bones to pick. That is, after all, the measure of our day."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2016, 07:06:48 pm »

Jean pulled his goggles over his eyes from where they'd been positioned over the edge of his cap but hesitated before driving after Sculla, something else on his mind. "'ow about that? We should check." he asked, pointing at the vehicle.

Some of it appears to have been dumped down a deep rocky defile a short walk away from where your vehicles are parked, which cascades all the way down to the same dirty road by which you came up this way. A wrecked and overturned vehicle lies crumpled against a copse of metal girders jutting out of the avalanche about halfway down, with a thin trail of smoke trailing upward.

"It's close by." he pointed out before driving his truck a little closer to take a better look.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:14:17 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2016, 07:10:43 pm »

Sculla chuckled and gave Cove a companionable slap on the back.
"Look on the bright side. A whole town like that has gotta have somethin' interesting in it!"

She waved to Jean, then pointed towards the crashed vehicle, cupping a hand around her mouth like a megaphone.
"You check that out! We'll skim the town!"

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2016, 07:14:20 pm »

"Girl ther' seems the excited kind, they be the un's that get killed first."

Cyrus adjusts his IV drip rig and and medicine belt, inspecting the various chemicals. Placing them back into their rightful places before glancing back up to look at the smoking vehicle.

"Hah, after you, son."

Cyrus wrenched his metal hand around his crowbar as he hopped off the truck bed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2016, 07:16:27 pm »

((Edited my sheet for the waitlist. Also in future could you tell me if there are problems with my sheet before they're sorted into active and waitlist? I was under the impression that we were already successful junkers and a plane seems to be fitting for a pilot char. Nonetheless, removed the plane))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:19:59 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2016, 08:16:25 pm »

Instead of shouting back at Sculla, he simply gestured a polite "ok" sign before checking on the crashed vehicle.

Check the crashed and overturned vehicle.
>Yes?

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2016, 08:21:03 pm »

Cyrus follows Jean

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2016, 09:41:21 pm »

((Sorry for my absence. Was away from an internet source for a few hours.))

Drahknil decides to head out with the others and gets out of the truck. He then equips the nail gun and proceeds to go with Cyrus and Jean.

"If there were survivors, then they probably won't be too keen on being friendly. Or if there's bandits, they have placed a clever trap. Either way we should proceed with caution.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2016, 09:45:25 pm »

Xander follows them, Wakizashi readied.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2016, 10:07:36 am »

Sculla chuckled and gave Cove a companionable slap on the back.
"Look on the bright side. A whole town like that has gotta have somethin' interesting in it!"

"...How is that a bright side?" Cove said, shaking his head. "It's probably some sort of terrible new weapon that did all this, you know. It's happened before. We're the best test subjects, since we have no one to complain to! I half expect the entire town was infected by a viral toxin that will cause them to rise from death, and come shambling toward us, screeching for human flesh."

Cove was something of a pessimist.

Action: He followed Sculla
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2016, 08:06:34 am »

Sculla laughed.
"Ha! Think of it like this, then. If it is infested with such ghouls, then we just make them find us a real hard meal to digest!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9